Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

911 Targa vs Ferrari Roma

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 01:40 AM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
What's with the bumped Ferrari vs. Porsche threads? Of course, on a Porsche forum you're gonna get way more votes for a Porsche. I'll add to that tally. I've owned 2 Ferraris and 6 Porsches. I _loved_ the Ferraris, but I love my current Porsche more. They were both relatively modern (a 2014 F12 berlinetta and a 2019 812 superfast) and neither gave me any trouble other than needing to put a fresh battery in the F12). The thing I disliked was how much attention Ferraris get when you park them somewhere public or even just stop to fuel up. I was always pleasant and respectful to people who approached me (because, hey, they must be car people too) but it did become tiresome. My 911 usually flies under the radar. Just a couple months ago I sold my 812 SF (back to Ferrari) for more than I paid for it (because the market is crazy - and the prices are still not quite right if you're looking to buy). I haven't driven the Roma (despite the fact that the dealer really wants me to do so) but there's something to be said for a car like that with a normal trunk - on road trips my F12 and 812 both swallowed luggage handily. I also went in person to see the 296GTB unveiled at my local dealership and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded when they fired it up. That's the car that will really compete with the next 911 (if it's a hybrid), but for now I'm completely happy with my 911.
your post is exactly why I bumped this! Ferrari perspectives from real owners on a Porsche site are more valuable to me than what I’d get with the same question on a Ferrari site where I know what they’d say. So thanks! Had a targa allocation come through it would be in my garage already. Problem is I keep seeing Romas on the road while I wait so now I’ve got to drive one to see if I can get past terrible electronics. Saw a dark grey one with no shields at my club yesterday and it was no flashier than a 911. Classy ride.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:10 AM
andrewbellasic
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get both cars if you can afford a properly equipped Roma. The issue is resolved. Seriously. Get the Porsche if you can't afford both cars since you don't yet have new Ferrari money. Both cars used Embedded Software technology; if anyone faces a problem with the software. Visit Embedded One that's specialized in Embedded Software Development and provides developing automotive solutions.

Quick Reply: 911 Targa vs Ferrari Roma