Sponsored by:

Selling Car to Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 12:55 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Sal635
and tax, no? That’s a significant amount here in BC.
Dealer is doing a trade in situation as I’m buying a 23 cayenne gts coupe. Therefore, I don’t lose that tax savings
Old 03-19-2022, 01:13 PM
DPC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gpoll123
Hello All,

Looking for some advice. I am contemplating selling my well optioned 2021 911 base coupe with under 2k miles. I reached out to my dealer thinking I would get a reasonable offer given market conditions. As background a neighboring dealer is selling a similar specked and year car as mine and is asking for 20% over original msrp, yet my dealer only offered me 5% under msrp. I felt a bit insulted by the offer as I didn’t think the spreads would be so extreme. Does this seem reasonable to you from what you are seeing or maybe suggest another Avenue of selling? The car is metallic black has the black leather with chalk stitching package, 14 ways, LKA, SC, PSE, Bose, glass sunroof and carrera s wheels. Thanks for you insights.
I think that their offer is BS! I sold my second car (Subaru Outback XT) with 3K miles back to the dealer for 2K more than I purchased it for. Early in the pandemic I was asked by my P dealer to buy back my car at 10K less than KBB trade-in value saying that "they were all in" at X...
Sell it on your own. Perhaps look into Bring a trailer.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:45 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by Gpoll123
Hello All,

Looking for some advice. I am contemplating selling my well optioned 2021 911 base coupe with under 2k miles. I reached out to my dealer thinking I would get a reasonable offer given market conditions. As background a neighboring dealer is selling a similar specked and year car as mine and is asking for 20% over original msrp, yet my dealer only offered me 5% under msrp. I felt a bit insulted by the offer as I didn’t think the spreads would be so extreme. Does this seem reasonable to you from what you are seeing or maybe suggest another Avenue of selling? The car is metallic black has the black leather with chalk stitching package, 14 ways, LKA, SC, PSE, Bose, glass sunroof and carrera s wheels. Thanks for you insights.
Count on a $20k delta between your trade-in offer and what the asking price will be from the dealer. Actually 5% under MSRP doesn't sound bad -- like what $7k under MSRP?
Old 03-24-2022, 04:50 PM
jrnottarts
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 24 Posts

I recently traded a 2021 C2S with 750 miles for $15k under sticker, and they sold it for $25k over sticker. On the bright side I got a GTS allocation at MSRP, which was part of the deal. There is always a tradeoff. If you want full value go private party, but if you're just trading up see what else you can work into the deal.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 07:27 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Originally Posted by jrnottarts
I recently traded a 2021 C2S with 750 miles for $15k under sticker, and they sold it for $25k over sticker. On the bright side I got a GTS allocation at MSRP, which was part of the deal. There is always a tradeoff. If you want full value go private party, but if you're just trading up see what else you can work into the deal.
This 100%. Trade in value is just part of the deal.

Quick Reply: Selling Car to Dealer