Go Bruins (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022 | 06:41 PM
Wiems
Rennlist Member

good to know!
Old 03-17-2022 | 06:57 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

I was going to order the illuminated door sills from sun coast... but I watched the install video and decided to just spec it with my order so I wouldn't have to deal with the installation, which seems rather involved. The non-powered items look straightforward and simple to install.
The following users liked this post:
Yojeffo (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022 | 07:14 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Sport design side skirts is another; You can get GT3 skirts for considerably less than Porsche charges for the SD part. The SD skirts themselves even cheaper than that.
Old 03-17-2022 | 07:39 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

But those Suncoast prices do not include installation.

Also, for those that care, aftermarket OEM parts do not show up on the Moroney Sticker, which may matter quite a bit to some people when it comes time to sell the car.
The following 4 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
Bluehighways (03-18-2022), detansinn (03-18-2022), rouxeny (03-18-2022), Scott P (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022 | 08:33 PM
Swayze
Instructor

Also some of the suncoast items only work as replacements, I know a lot of people don’t like the puddle projectors and I am by not suggesting one buy them or not. Just as an example something like that on suncoast is cheaper but they can only be installed on a car that had them from the factory.

It’s kind of surprising the door sills work, must be able to tap into power easier with those.
Old 03-17-2022 | 10:04 PM
brainzito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Swayze
Also some of the suncoast items only work as replacements, I know a lot of people don’t like the puddle projectors and I am by not suggesting one buy them or not. Just as an example something like that on suncoast is cheaper but they can only be installed on a car that had them from the factory.

It’s kind of surprising the door sills work, must be able to tap into power easier with those.
im not sure I follow you…the stuff I listed can be done following YouTube videos, quite easily. The car comes equipped to receive any of these, even if you choose not to spec your car with it
Old 03-17-2022 | 10:09 PM
brainzito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

Also, for those that care, aftermarket OEM parts do not show up on the Moroney Sticker, which may matter quite a bit to some people when it comes time to sell the car.
you mean the monroney sticker? These items aren’t dealbreakers like say, PSE or PCCBs…
Agreed, does not include installation. Some will worry about opportunity cost, I do however enjoy working on my car. I wanted to show how you can save some money that can go towards other options that you *can’t* install yourself, like rear steering or racetex roof lining
Old 03-17-2022 | 10:45 PM
Swayze
Instructor

Originally Posted by brainzito
im not sure I follow you…the stuff I listed can be done following YouTube videos, quite easily. The car comes equipped to receive any of these, even if you choose not to spec your car with it

For example on this one, they say only for cars with factory installed, it’s not possible to add these if they weren’t there originally. Just saying some things may be cheaper but they are intended as replacements not upgrades. It may apply to nothing else and you may be able to add these with YouTube instructions, just something I noticed.
Old 03-18-2022 | 12:15 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

They also don't include shipping which for larger parts can add up.
Old 03-18-2022 | 12:23 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brainzito
you mean the monroney sticker? These items aren’t dealbreakers like say, PSE or PCCBs…
Agreed, does not include installation. Some will worry about opportunity cost, I do however enjoy working on my car. I wanted to show how you can save some money that can go towards other options that you *can’t* install yourself, like rear steering or racetex roof lining
They won’t show up on the certificate of authenticity from Porsche either. That does mean something to a lot of Porsche buyers. It’s worth something on the monroney and the cert. Worth nothing installed after the fact unless the installer was Porsche Exclusive (who will update the cert).

If you remove or swap anything out, keep the originals, even if it is something as mundane as wheel center caps. Car should match the cert and monroney at resale.
Bluehighways (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022 | 01:52 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
If you remove or swap anything out, keep the originals, even if it is something as mundane as wheel center caps. Car should match the cert and monroney at resale.
Absolutely and Positively! 100% as it left the factory is always the value proposition. There is a reason some items are options and others are unique to the aftermarket. Quite often it’s because some folks like them and others do not. The more you “personalize” a car for you, the fewer is the number of people that will agree with you sufficiently to purchase your pride and joy.
M3Inline6 (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022 | 04:45 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Swayze

For example on this one, they say only for cars with factory installed, it’s not possible to add these if they weren’t there originally. Just saying some things may be cheaper but they are intended as replacements not upgrades. It may apply to nothing else and you may be able to add these with YouTube instructions, just something I noticed.
The 992 has puddle lights on the bottom of the doors and you don’t need to remove the trim to install them. All you need is a plastic pry tool.

Quick Reply: Options when spec ordering vs Suncoast parts