Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where's the sfl composer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 06:16 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm still wondering how a 600 foot long ship with all the sophisticated electronic equipment available to it sails into a "severe storm" strong enough to cause quite a few cars to become untethered, bouncing all over, some on their roofs (I've read).

BTW ... anyone know the number of "totaled" cars? And, how do they determine that the vehicle is "totaled"?
The following users liked this post:
Kansas32 (04-16-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 07:16 PM
lasaro7
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Evolution1
I like to hear some opinions to either add or remove on this new rebuild since my car a total loss. PNCHLAM7
C2cab
My BGTS was on the same ship, also Guards Red, so I’ll give you my two cents. I went with silver wheels, black interior. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:04 PM
Hfb
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
I heard from my dealer that my Macan S has been released from PDI, and the same night I got an email from PCNA with the $500 voucher for not having the power steering column.

Keeping fingers crossed to get it soon.
Still waiting on mine too. Got the all clear on Tuesday and the voucher email Tuesday night. Was hoping it would be at the dealer in Dallas before the weekend. Still a no show and they have no idea what will be on the trucks when they arrive. You’d think it wouldn’t be that hard to get it from Houston to Dallas.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:05 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Hfb
Still waiting on mine too. Got the all clear on Tuesday and the voucher email Tuesday night. Was hoping it would be at the dealer in Dallas before the weekend. Still a no show and they have no idea what will be on the trucks when they arrive. You’d think it wouldn’t be that hard to get it from Houston to Dallas.

You wouldn’t think it would take that long from the port of Houston to a HOUSTON dealership, but I’m still waiting…
Old 04-16-2022, 06:03 AM
buckeyedan
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey all, I will finally get my C4S delivered to me over the weekend. It wasn’t damaged and I had ceramic applied this week. It’s on an enclosed truck on its way to Florida from New Jersey. Nice present from the Easter bunny. Lol
Old 04-16-2022, 08:59 AM
SMSTX
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Just heard from my SA, she expects the car to come into the dealership by Monday.

now I have a question for the experienced Porsche owners here, I am 6 hours from the dealership, is it worth driving to pick-up the car or would you get the car shipped to you?

it is my first Porsche, and I am wondering if the delivery experience is worth 2 days?

Old 04-16-2022, 11:24 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by SMSTX

now I have a question for the experienced Porsche owners here, I am 6 hours from the dealership, is it worth driving to pick-up the car or would you get the car shipped to you?

it is my first Porsche, and I am wondering if the delivery experience is worth 2 days?
There is nothing magical about the delivery experience. BUT

I do like making sure all is well with the car at the dealer - if it arrives with a big scratch on it after shipping, you enter the finger pointing game.

Can you fly there by chance?

Old 04-16-2022, 11:34 AM
SMSTX
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999

I do like making sure all is well with the car at the dealer - if it arrives with a big scratch on it after shipping, you enter the finger pointing game.

that probably is a better plan, yes, if I do go, I would by flying in.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:45 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999

Agree- and drive her back home and enjoy!!!
SMSTX (04-16-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 05:27 PM
lasaro7
Intermediate

Just learned that the “minor damage” that my BGTS suffered will be repaired at the Houston facility before the car is shipped to the dealer. (Versus having the dealer repair.) I’m told that I will get a report of what was damaged and how it was repaired. No timetable yet.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:32 PM
pardo
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cucu
Very sorry to hear that, hopefully the new one will be built quickly !

I haven't pick up mine yet. Still shopping around for insurance quotes, financing and the dealer is kinda slow to communicate...
Mine arrived today. Saw a couple pics they sent over. I didn’t see any Miami blue in the background but somebody has a turbo s sports design waiting for them right next to mine - looks sharp!
Old 04-16-2022, 07:44 PM
Kansas32
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lasaro7
Just learned that the “minor damage” that my BGTS suffered will be repaired at the Houston facility before the car is shipped to the dealer. (Versus having the dealer repair.) I’m told that I will get a report of what was damaged and how it was repaired. No timetable yet.
Me too. My GTS Cab had suffered light body and mechanical damage and is due to be repaired in Houston. The status was to be updated last Friday....no word from PAG yet. TYD shows 265
Old 04-16-2022, 09:43 PM
lasaro7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kansas32
Me too. My GTS Cab had suffered light body and mechanical damage and is due to be repaired in Houston. The status was to be updated last Friday....no word from PAG yet. TYD shows 265
I hadn’t considered that there might be “mechanical” damage rather than cosmetic damage. Have they told you what the mechanical damage is?
Old 04-16-2022, 10:35 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 75 Posts

Is Porsche giving any money for damages? Will the damage be reported and will it affect its value of resale?
Fullyield (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 09:42 AM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Just found this thread. According to my dealer, cars were sorted into three groups: green (fine), blue (some damage) and red (totalled). My GT4 was blue. However, they say they are estimating threee MONTHS for repairs, which makes four months for a new car a no-brainer for me. The best part? My wife's Macan S was aboard the Felicity Ace.

Quick Reply: where's the sfl composer?