Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911S Vs GT3 Touring

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 02:49 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Interesting; hadn't occurred to me that the difference between the diff models in the range isn't clear to everyone looking. I pretended to be totally ignorant and went to Porsche's website to try to learn about the GT3, and how it's different from, say, a Carrera S. It is not obvious.

Some googling led me to this - https://www.carthrottle.com/post/an-...che-911-range/ - which is a good start, but leaves out the fact that the GT models (GT3, GT3 Touring, GT3RS, GT2RS, Speedster) are limited production run, and you will usually pay well above MSRP to own one, if you can get one at all, and you will likely wait months or years for your car.

Confusingly, GTS is *not* a "GT" car - i.e. it's not made by Porsche's GT division.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:51 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

I was at my dealer whom I have bought three new Porsches from in the past 18 months and was having a nice conversation with the General Manager, he and I kid around a bit. I said "You know, I'd like to maybe order a GT3 Touring".

He spewed his coffee and started laughing........

That's the difference between that car and a Carerra S.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:55 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
I was at my dealer whom I have bought three new Porsches from in the past 18 months and was having a nice conversation with the General Manager, he and I kid around a bit. I said "You know, I'd like to maybe order a GT3 Touring".

He spewed his coffee and started laughing........

That's the difference between that car and a Carerra S.
I asked my dealer to put me on the list for next generation's GT3T. I'm first on that list. So in like 4(?) years I'll be flipping my (incoming) cab for that car. Maybe.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:44 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

his post says GTS, title says GT3. If you meant GT3 we are talking DRASTIC differences and different purposes. Unless you are a passionate Porsche fan or plan on tracking the car 911S will probably be a better value for you vs GT3T. If you meant to compare S to GTS the differences are much more subtle. Basically what you care about is a lot of the sporty options come standard, you get better (both looking and performing) brakes, some fancy interior alcantara bits and a bit louder and more raucous interior experience while driving. But very similar cars generally speaking.

Quick Reply: 911S Vs GT3 Touring