Sponsored by:

WBA limited error?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 02:32 AM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts
Default WBA limited error?

Just took delivery of my C2S last week. While driving tonight, I got a WBA limited, camera system error message, which upon Google search refers to driving assist features. The thing is, my car does not have any driving assist features that I know of (e.g. brake assist)? It did disappear after about a minute though. Does this have anything to do with the front parking camera? My dealer installed my carbonio front plate holder incorrectly and it's blocking the parking camera and I haven't had a chance to reinstall it yet.

edit: just realized our cars DO have brake assist. "Warn and Brake Assist: pedestrian, cyclist and vehicle warning and intervention" - Does this mean the car will actually apply brakes if it senses possible collision? If so I need to tell my insurance agent for a discounted rate - I thought my car didn't have this option so I told them no.

Last edited by westcoastj; 01-23-2022 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:31 AM
Dutch SC
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

This is a great question. I believe it’s standard on all MY22 cars. However, I can’t find a definitive answer as to what level of braking occurs…a “braking jolt” or a maximum braking response to an imminent collision. Here’s a thread about the subject from some folks more knowledgeable than me:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1219...-question.html

Last edited by Dutch SC; 01-23-2022 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-23-2022, 03:53 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 782 Posts

Day before yesterday my 2020 C4 started throwing "Park assist error. Inspection required but OK to drive. (Not exact wording). I have Surround View so cleaned front camera and sensors, but problem didn't go away. Pulled codes and cleared them and all was good for a day. While driving into shop this morning threw the same error, but just once in a 20-minute drive where when the problem first surfaced it threw up the error every 20 seconds. I am monitoring and troubleshooting and will report back here what I discover.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:21 AM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by gcurnew
Day before yesterday my 2020 C4 started throwing "Park assist error. Inspection required but OK to drive. (Not exact wording). I have Surround View so cleaned front camera and sensors, but problem didn't go away. Pulled codes and cleared them and all was good for a day. While driving into shop this morning threw the same error, but just once in a 20-minute drive where when the problem first surfaced it threw up the error every 20 seconds. I am monitoring and troubleshooting and will report back here what I discover.
UPDATE: The issue appears to be related to cold temperatures. When going from a heated garage to outside with temperatures of -15 C or colder, it takes up to 15 minutes for the error to appear. Of note, the error only happens when braking to a near stop, and occurs even when there are no vehicles or other objects within 100 feet the sensors could read as obstacles. There have been no errors the past few days with temperatures above 0 C.
The following users liked this post:
Dutch SC (02-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2023, 08:55 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Bringing back this thread. Last weekend I got the WBA error message. My car is always garaged, and only driven in good weather. It had not been hose washed in a long time. So no debris or water on the car.

What causes this error message? Where are the sensors for WBA?

Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2023, 05:43 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

sometimes it is the glare from sunrise or sunset blinding the sensor

Quick Reply: WBA limited error?