992 911 C4S Winter Tire Sizing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 03:45 AM
car-fanatic
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 992 911 C4S Winter Tire Sizing?

Hi guys,

First post here and first time Porsche owner. Have had many many cars over the years (33'rd in the last 10 years) but for some reason was never attracted to 911's or Porsche's in general. Owned everything from AMG's, to M's, to Aston Martin's to currently my AMG GTS. Was contemplating moving into a McLaren 570S that my local Porsche dealership has, but came across an Agate Grey 2020 C4S with 8K km's in mint condition with warranty until 2026 and couldn't pass on it. Ultimately the financial proposition of the 911's never losing any money and depreciating slowly made the most sense considering I haven't kept a car longer than a year so far. I figured I am likely not lose any money on this is if I do get bored of it in a year.

Anyway, since I am in Alberta with tons of snow, I'd like to be able to drive it on occasion winter days. I do have other vehicles that I usually drive in winter including my Alfa Romeo Giulia that I bought last month so the 911 won't come every day but good winter days. Point being, I believe I need winter tires. It has the 20/21 wheel setup so finding tires in the rear sizing hasn't quite been easy. I understand the stock rear tires are 305 30 R21 and this size has been particularly hard to find in winter tires. I noticed that 295 30 R21 are a little more readily available.

My question is would I be able to run the 295's in winter on the rear OEM wheels without any issues? To clarify the wheels the car comes with are gloss black. I don't know what they are called so I am attaching a stock picture. Thanks for all the help guys and I look forward to learning more about these cars and understand what is it about them that people always swear by them and love them. I am hoping that my opinion about them turns towards the positive and it becomes the car I keep the longest. Haha.

Quick Reply: 992 911 C4S Winter Tire Sizing?