Interior advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 11:13 PM
john30
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior advice

Hello everyone, Happy New Year.

This year I will be getting myself a 911 Carrera and so have been playing around with the config the past couple days. I have decided on the Crayon color for the exterior. As for the interior, I think I am pretty set on paying extra to get the club leather Truffle Brown with crayon stitching (of course I am open to other suggestions as well). However, it is quite hard for me to choose the color details for the chrono stopwatch and tachometer since my local dealer does not have the truffle brown interior in stock for me to see in person. So I wanted to ask all your opinions on this. I have attached the pictures of them below.

Pic 1: Exterior color
Pic 2: Truffle brown interior with standard black chrono stopwatch and tachometer
Pic 3: Truffle brown interior with red chrono stopwatch
Pic 4: Truffle brown interior with red chrono stopwatch and red tachometer
Pic 5: Truffle brown interior with white chrono stopwatch and white tachometer

Which one would you guys suggest out of these? I am also open to other suggestions for interior color and combinations as well.

Thank you very much.

Exterior color

Truffle brown with standard black chrono stopwatch and tachometer

Truffle brown with red chrono stopwatch

Truffle brown with red chrono stopwatch and red tachometer

Truffle brown with white chrono stopwatch and white tachometer

Last edited by john30; 01-08-2022 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:21 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,656 Likes on 783 Posts

I don't think the truffle interior needs those added colors. I would opt for black.
The following 9 users liked this post by Drew46:
atl1glf (01-09-2022), detansinn (01-09-2022), Fullyield (01-09-2022), iammacey (01-09-2022), Richard_Wallace (01-09-2022), Schorsch (01-09-2022), Scott P (01-09-2022), txpackers (01-09-2022), Vista6019 (01-08-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-08-2022, 11:22 PM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by john30

This year I will be getting myself a 911 Carrera and so have been playing around with the config the past couple days. I have decided on the Crayon color for the exterior. As for the interior, I think I am pretty set on paying extra to get the club leather Truffle Brown with crayon stitching (of course I am open to other suggestions as well). However, it is quite hard for me to choose the color details for the chrono stopwatch and tachometer since my local dealer does not have the truffle brown interior in stock for me to see in person. So I wanted to ask all your opinions on this. I have attached the pictures of them below.

Pic 2: Truffle brown interior with standard black chrono stopwatch and tachometer

Which one would you guys suggest out of these? I am also open to other suggestions for interior color and combinations as well.

Thank you very much.
​​​​​​ Personally, I'd keep the tach and chrono matching. For me, on a truffle with chalk stitch interior I'd go with either the standard or white gauges.
The following users liked this post:
audimotion (01-10-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 11:25 PM
Flash992
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by john30

Thank you very much.

Exterior color

Truffle brown with standard black chrono stopwatch and tachometer

Truffle brown with red chrono stopwatch

Truffle brown with red chrono stopwatch and red tachometer

Truffle brown with white chrono stopwatch and white tachometer
You might consider white tach, interior trim in exterior color.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:30 PM
turbonator
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

i think the red gauges are out of place b/c they don't match anything else on the car. I would stick to black or white
iammacey (01-09-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 11:51 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

I’d do black or white.

‘’don’t like the red option.
Fullyield (01-09-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 11:56 PM
john30
Advanced

Thank you very much for all the replies so far. Also would love to know all your opinions on the look and feel difference between Truffle brown with crayon stitching compared to without the stitchings. Which look nicer in person? Do they give a different feeling to each other?
Old 01-09-2022, 12:08 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

I can admire the Crayon/Truffle choice. It's a very nice combination. I would keep the gauges black. It simplifies the interior and allows focus to be on the interior color selection. It also effectively makes it a two-tone of black/truffle. The red or white in the guages adds an unnecessary complication and distraction to the overall package.

The Chalk stitching will look nice to bring the outside of the car inside. The only other choice, for me, would be black stitching. This would keep the interior theme consistent.

​​​​Congratulations on ordering soon.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:24 AM
john30
Advanced

Originally Posted by iammacey
I can admire the Crayon/Truffle choice. It's a very nice combination. I would keep the gauges black. It simplifies the interior and allows focus to be on the interior color selection. It also effectively makes it a two-tone of black/truffle. The red or white in the guages adds an unnecessary complication and distraction to the overall package.

The Chalk stitching will look nice to bring the outside of the car inside. The only other choice, for me, would be black stitching. This would keep the interior theme consistent.

​​​​Congratulations on ordering soon.
Thank you very much. What about the truffle brown without any stitching? How you do you think that will be or feel like in person?
Old 01-09-2022, 04:55 AM
Jim Wilke
Racer

Received 241 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by turbonator
i think the red gauges are out of place

Tokyo at night.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:45 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 955 Posts

Love the truffle brown interior. I ordered mine with deviated chalk stitching. Strongly considered going with white dials but ultimately decided not worth an additional $1,000 to me. But I like the look so might be worth it to others. Red no bueno.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:40 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,349 Likes on 1,523 Posts

Have three Porsches in the garage, the Macan S has the Truffle Brown, its a nice upgrade leather to the standard hides in all leather, a step up being a semi-aniline hide. As for colored dials and contrast stitch, I have them in my 992 because it was spec'd that way for the dealer showroom model I bought, but no way I would ever pay for any of it. It doesn't really add - you forget you even have it after 6 months, and you can use that ridiculous amount of money they charge to put to other things like a $ 1,000 scanner to read the codes and reset the maintenance, or performance options that do matter like PDCC or RWS, or simply into your Ferrari fund or Porsche 993 savings account. They will not add to the resale value down the road.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:10 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,438 Likes on 696 Posts

If it were me, I would skip the colors on the tach and clock and use the money to get the aluminum trim on the interior instead of the hard plastic on the dash doors and console. I would want to brighten up the interior a tad.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:46 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,463 Likes on 764 Posts

White Tach and Clock
audimotion (01-10-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 12:39 PM
john30
Advanced

Thank you all very much again for your replies.

I have decided towards getting the Truffle Brown interior chalk stitching with standard black chrono and tach for my chalk exterior 992.

Would also love to hear some thoughts for the trim. With this interior combo, which trim would you suggest I get? Leather? Aluminium? Or should I stick with the standard? It’s really hard to tell clearly from the config pictures.

Last edited by john30; 01-09-2022 at 12:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Interior advice