Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay, the upgrades are coming for my 2021 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022 | 10:09 AM
centaur
Banned

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
I’m still waiting for someone to run a 1/4 mile with the M tune. 150 hp increase should get a trap over 130mph
Should trap about 135.
The following users liked this post:
991.1 Guy (01-12-2022)
Old 01-11-2022 | 10:26 AM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamD
Wondering if the GIAC option better for the MT? Could it be damaged by too much torque/HP? The GT3 uses the 6spd and there is presumably a reason MT not offered on the TT . . .
I really can’t speak to the MT, but I’d have to assume so. The PDK can handle the pressures better. MT needs to be handled with a bit more care.
Old 01-11-2022 | 11:39 AM
centaur
Banned

Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
I really can’t speak to the MT, but I’d have to assume so. The PDK can handle the pressures better. MT needs to be handled with a bit more care.
You also get to a point where a MT is just not the optimum configuration especially for straightline work. Watch a video of a 992S PDK launch into a 1/4 mile run. There is a whole bunch of lightning fast shifting going on bam, bam, bam. I love MT vehicles and will be buying another hopefully in the form of a GTS but am well aware that the PDK is absolutley superior for max performance.
The following 3 users liked this post by centaur:
jnkirk1974 (01-11-2022), KLOC (01-11-2022), tourenwagen (03-09-2022)
Old 01-14-2022 | 11:48 AM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just wanted to chime in for those unfamiliar with our product. We offer a true OBD flash for the 992, which means the ECU does not need to be shipped out! This saves considerable labor and downtime for your car at a dealership or shop. When you use M-Tuner from M-Engineering, we provide you with a tune file for your desired octane(s) so it can be either 91, 93, 100/MS109, or E85 which is coming soon. We also provide you with a file to uninstall the tune and turn you back to true stock with verified CALID, CVN, and no flash counter added. Our tunes work great on both the MT and PDK, and we have solutions for Stage 1, 2, upgraded Turbos for Stage 3, and beyond. We also DO NOT charge for changing your tune to a different stage or octane unlike some of the other guys. The files are yours and you can switch between them at your leisure, only takes a few short minutes. We can also eliminate things like the engine auto on/off at stop lights, we can keep PSE valves truly open, and remove cold start.

The Porsche platform is our home base, as many of us working at M-Engineering come from Porsche backgrounds from other tuning companies with years of experience of breaking records and setting the bar. We have the ability to write custom code that nobody else can do, and is many times copied.

Here's some links to read up on:
M-Tuner for 992 Carrera
Map Notes for 992 Carrera
Install Instructions (very easy!)

-Charles@M
Nothingtoc (01-15-2022)
Old 01-14-2022 | 12:18 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by M Engineering
We can also eliminate things like the engine auto on/off at stop lights, we can keep PSE valves truly open, and remove cold start.
Hi Charles - Does keeping the PSE valves truly open make a noticeable difference in sound in sport mode? I'm disappointed in how quiet the stock carrera S w PSE sounds. I'm looking for more noise and I understand it would be best done with an exhaust but I'm hoping to avoid that as PSE cost me $3K already. I'm also curious if a stage 1 tune would also make the turbo spooling sound more prominent as it's virtually non-existant stock. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2022 | 12:27 PM
kgs365
Racer

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Hi Charles - Does keeping the PSE valves truly open make a noticeable difference in sound in sport mode? I'm disappointed in how quiet the stock carrera S w PSE sounds. I'm looking for more noise and I understand it would be best done with an exhaust but I'm hoping to avoid that as PSE cost me $3K already. I'm also curious if a stage 1 tune would also make the turbo spooling sound more prominent as it's virtually non-existant stock. Thanks!

further for those without PSE ...it still has valves can you keep those open?...also are you saying when reverting back to stock there is no way for Porsche to see that the computer was flashed ?
Old 01-14-2022 | 12:38 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

I thought the PDK and manual transmission are the same transmission with the exception of the clutch. So really, it is just a matter of the clutch handling the torque, not the transmission.
Old 01-14-2022 | 04:22 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Okay.......I now have my car back and wanted to make a few notes.

1) I fully intend on shooting a video of my exhaust, but I want to use high-quality microphones as most videos never capture the sound properly. Since I work for a production company,
I have access to condensor mics, dynamic mics, etc. I want to figure out how to capture the sound in a manner that really does it justice.

2) The Soul non-valved exhaust is ridiculously amazing. I really mean that. I spend a lot of time on track and am around many other cars. Both German and Italian.
This exhaust completely transforms the sound of the 992. Much MUCH more aggressive. I also love how it really doesn't change the tone of the car. It just brings it
forward and puts it in your face. So, if you are a current fan of the sound of your 992 and only want it louder.....this exhaust is for you.

Oh, and the downshifts are beautiful!

A couple of points to add to the exhaust:

• It really will be hit or miss as to wether or not you will throw a code when using this exhaust. I am running the Soul non-valved exhaust with their high-flow cats. When I picked up the car
from the dealership, everything was great. About 15 minutes into my drive home, the check engine light came on. This was on Wednesday. Today (two days later), I hammered the car
with a really strong acceleration and the check engine light turned off. Hasn't returned again after several hours. Maybe it won't come back? Not sure. I'll report later if it does. However, I'm
feeling pretty good about it right now. I just think the car needed to adjust for it.

• If you plan on getting this exhaust, I STRONGLY suggest that you have your tech (if a Porsche dealership installs the exhaust) goes ahead and blocks off the sound symposer in the car. While I love
the sound of this exhaust, the sound symposer is now louder as a result. To block off those frequencies that are being channeled into the cabin will go a long way to keeping your sanity. Once I have this
done, I fully expect things to be perfect. I'm taking my car in next week to have the symposer blocked. I can tell that it well work better, because things chill out big time with the windows down. The frequencies
that are bouncing around in the car just make it too much. So, do yourself a favor and block yours off the first time and save yourself the extra trip and money to have them make this change. Just do it right
the first time and it'll be better.

• If you like loud cold starts...you won't be disappointed. If you are afraid of loud cold starts, you will need to find a tuner to alter the settings or move out into the country. When you start the car, it will let your entire block know that you're leaving for work.

3) The GIAC tune is no joke. The car still feels like itself, meaning that it doesn't feel like it necessarily shifts differently or anything like this. This is a good thing in my opinion. It feels like something that Porsche
did from the factory. However, once you step on the "loud pedal", it freaking goes! The best part (in my opinion) is that the power still feels very linear. So, it doesn't feel like they merely cranked up the boost. It feels very well tuned. So, I'm a big fan.

Needless to say, I love the way my car feels and sounds. Big fan! Once the sound symposer is blocked, I'll likely be in the sweet-spot.

Last edited by jnkirk1974; 01-14-2022 at 04:33 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by jnkirk1974:
991.1 Guy (01-14-2022), AlterZgo (01-15-2022), Fullyield (01-15-2022), tourenwagen (03-09-2022)
Old 01-14-2022 | 05:09 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Okay.......I now have my car back and wanted to make a few notes.

1) I fully intend on shooting a video of my exhaust, but I want to use high-quality microphones as most videos never capture the sound properly. Since I work for a production company,
I have access to condensor mics, dynamic mics, etc. I want to figure out how to capture the sound in a manner that really does it justice.

2) The Soul non-valved exhaust is ridiculously amazing. I really mean that. I spend a lot of time on track and am around many other cars. Both German and Italian.
This exhaust completely transforms the sound of the 992. Much MUCH more aggressive. I also love how it really doesn't change the tone of the car. It just brings it
forward and puts it in your face. So, if you are a current fan of the sound of your 992 and only want it louder.....this exhaust is for you.

Oh, and the downshifts are beautiful!

A couple of points to add to the exhaust:

• It really will be hit or miss as to wether or not you will throw a code when using this exhaust. I am running the Soul non-valved exhaust with their high-flow cats. When I picked up the car
from the dealership, everything was great. About 15 minutes into my drive home, the check engine light came on. This was on Wednesday. Today (two days later), I hammered the car
with a really strong acceleration and the check engine light turned off. Hasn't returned again after several hours. Maybe it won't come back? Not sure. I'll report later if it does. However, I'm
feeling pretty good about it right now. I just think the car needed to adjust for it.

• If you plan on getting this exhaust, I STRONGLY suggest that you have your tech (if a Porsche dealership installs the exhaust) goes ahead and blocks off the sound symposer in the car. While I love
the sound of this exhaust, the sound symposer is now louder as a result. To block off those frequencies that are being channeled into the cabin will go a long way to keeping your sanity. Once I have this
done, I fully expect things to be perfect. I'm taking my car in next week to have the symposer blocked. I can tell that it well work better, because things chill out big time with the windows down. The frequencies
that are bouncing around in the car just make it too much. So, do yourself a favor and block yours off the first time and save yourself the extra trip and money to have them make this change. Just do it right
the first time and it'll be better.

• If you like loud cold starts...you won't be disappointed. If you are afraid of loud cold starts, you will need to find a tuner to alter the settings or move out into the country. When you start the car, it will let your entire block know that you're leaving for work.

3) The GIAC tune is no joke. The car still feels like itself, meaning that it doesn't feel like it necessarily shifts differently or anything like this. This is a good thing in my opinion. It feels like something that Porsche
did from the factory. However, once you step on the "loud pedal", it freaking goes! The best part (in my opinion) is that the power still feels very linear. So, it doesn't feel like they merely cranked up the boost. It feels very well tuned. So, I'm a big fan.

Needless to say, I love the way my car feels and sounds. Big fan! Once the sound symposer is blocked, I'll likely be in the sweet-spot.
Thank you so much for this report. It is exactly what I want. I may skip the exhaust since I had a soul on my 991.1 GTS and it sounded unbelievable but too loud for me after a while.

Is there any chance that you could take it to a drag strip for a few runs? I am sure you will have gained at least 56 hp and 100 torque.

I am definitely going GIAC. (At this point) lol
Old 01-14-2022 | 10:00 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

If you are throwing a CEL due to the exhaust, it’s probably due to the sport cats. Those have been throwing CELs for 2021 models and later.
Old 01-14-2022 | 11:10 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tupper
If you are throwing a CEL due to the exhaust, it’s probably due to the sport cats. Those have been throwing CELs for 2021 models and later.
It's definitely the cats. I knew there was a chance that it could happen. However, the check engine light seemed to resolve itself and hasn't returned.
I think the ecu adjusted (best guess)
Old 01-15-2022 | 11:33 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Thank you jnkirk for the write up.
jnkirk1974 (01-15-2022)
Old 01-15-2022 | 02:38 PM
mattchow
Rennlist Member

It's definitely the cats. I knew there was a chance that it could happen. However, the check engine light seemed to resolve itself and hasn't returned.
I think the ecu adjusted (best guess)
did you install the o2 spacers as well? I haven't gotten around to installing the o2 spacers on my valveless soul exhaust, and the CEL will return after a few drives.
Old 01-15-2022 | 02:42 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mattchow
did you install the o2 spacers as well? I haven't gotten around to installing the o2 spacers on my valveless soul exhaust, and the CEL will return after a few drives.
No. I was advised by Soul to NOT put in the O2 spacers unless they are absolutely needed. Apparently, while they can fix one issue, they can actually cause another one (they would need to explain what that issue is).
Since the check engine light has gone away, I'll trust that it's gone for good. We shall see.

Last edited by jnkirk1974; 01-15-2022 at 02:43 PM.
mattchow (01-15-2022)
Old 03-09-2022 | 07:52 PM
G99x.y
Pro

A few visual tweaks to the car in order to get it ready for some track sessions. I know that stripes aren't for everybody. I just decided to have a little fun here.
The car will be picked up from Porsche Plano on Tuesday or Wednesday with the GIAC tune, Soul Performance exhaust and BMC air filters.

holy moly! That looks great - and looks like it’ll transform when it gets really going 😂😉

Last edited by G99x.y; 03-09-2022 at 08:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Okay, the upgrades are coming for my 2021 C2S