992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seven discreet build questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021 | 08:12 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Truffle brown with chalk deviated stitch and aventurine green. I am looking at the same build.

Last edited by Fullyield; 12-29-2021 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2021 | 12:19 AM
drgek
Racer

Originally Posted by Taxjoc
Thanks to everyone for their excellent comments and taking the time to provide them. Richard_Wallace's comments were very enlightening to me and explained some items that I did not know (and I am still lusting over his "man cave" pictures he posted in a different thread). RK-Ds Oak Green 992 TTS is absolutely gorgeous. I am tempted to spend for that color. Thanks also to drcollie for his informative details on the nature of the club leather. I will stick with the truffle club leather. I thought about the PCCB brakes but recent threads suggesting that there is brake dust with them and other issues, I decided to stick with the red calipers (and suffer the Christmas colors jokes). I think my build is now set.

dhirm5's criticism expressed in sarcasm that I am not equipping this car from a drive-centric approach is well taken and I deserve that criticism. After all, this is a Porsche, not a Cadillac. But, I am never going to track this car and I probably won't drive it the way it was built to be driven. I expect it will be my Sunday morning escape and for my wife and I to take on trips. That is about it.

At the risk of sounding defensive, I am 58 years old and finally, at last, with the kids out of the house and off the payroll, retirement funds in good shape, living below my means for decades, I finally have the funds to purchase this kind of car at this ridiculously expensive price and with my wife's blessing. So, concerns of foolish whimsical options and purchasing a depreciating asset be damned. We only live once and I am going to buy this toy configured the way I want it and enjoy it.

Here is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNRZHZT1
Don't feel compelled to justify your build. Order it the way you want, not something to suit others. You don't "deserve" any criticism. Will look forward to seeing pics of the car when it arrives.
Old 12-30-2021 | 08:39 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Exactly! Its your car, get it the way you want it. FYI, I am looking at building a similar Targa when my allocation comes up. I will go the PCCB's in black, however. They weight savings is huge and less unsprung weight makes the vehicle handle better and lighter and shaving off 65 lb from PCCBS is about like adding 5 HP to the car. You will never need to replace the rotors and no rusty brakes / brake dust. Well worth the $ 10K if you have it in your budget (assume you do if you are going PTS)

Don't know if you have seen this, but it's fun and you can see actual cars in the paint color as well if you click on RENNBOW at the bottom left of the page

.https://www.ptsexplorer.com/
The following users liked this post:
GoGooseman (12-30-2021)
Old 12-31-2021 | 02:33 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Originally Posted by Taxjoc
Thanks to everyone for their excellent comments and taking the time to provide them. Richard_Wallace's comments were very enlightening to me and explained some items that I did not know (and I am still lusting over his "man cave" pictures he posted in a different thread). RK-Ds Oak Green 992 TTS is absolutely gorgeous. I am tempted to spend for that color. Thanks also to drcollie for his informative details on the nature of the club leather. I will stick with the truffle club leather. I thought about the PCCB brakes but recent threads suggesting that there is brake dust with them and other issues, I decided to stick with the red calipers (and suffer the Christmas colors jokes). I think my build is now set.

dhirm5's criticism expressed in sarcasm that I am not equipping this car from a drive-centric approach is well taken and I deserve that criticism. After all, this is a Porsche, not a Cadillac. But, I am never going to track this car and I probably won't drive it the way it was built to be driven. I expect it will be my Sunday morning escape and for my wife and I to take on trips. That is about it.

At the risk of sounding defensive, I am 58 years old and finally, at last, with the kids out of the house and off the payroll, retirement funds in good shape, living below my means for decades, I finally have the funds to purchase this kind of car at this ridiculously expensive price and with my wife's blessing. So, concerns of foolish whimsical options and purchasing a depreciating asset be damned. We only live once and I am going to buy this toy configured the way I want it and enjoy it.

Here is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNRZHZT1
Don’t apologize, you earned it. I am same age (a little older) and in same situation. I just got my commitment on a 992S allocation and went with Aventurine Green with TruffleBrown leather and chalk stitching too. No need to be the richest man in the graveyard! Ha ha.

Quick Reply: Seven discreet build questions...