Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait for a 992.2 or go for a 992.1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 06:50 AM
992uk
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My main debate was whether I wait 6-12 months longer for the 992.2 if that is where the timing gets to. Like most people I already have an interesting second car (Italian V8 but not a Ferrari and much cheaper) so waiting a little longer is not a big issue.

However, the feedback seems to be to take my car ASAP which given how wonderful they look and drive is great advice. I’ve never been a back to back order type but some seem to order a new one when they spec lock the current car so that is an idea. Given a few people seem to want to get a late petrol ICE 911 I might end up buying two with the second one being the keeper.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:07 PM
Porsched
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 992uk
My main debate was whether I wait 6-12 months longer for the 992.2 if that is where the timing gets to. Like most people I already have an interesting second car (Italian V8 but not a Ferrari and much cheaper) so waiting a little longer is not a big issue.

However, the feedback seems to be to take my car ASAP which given how wonderful they look and drive is great advice. I’ve never been a back to back order type but some seem to order a new one when they spec lock the current car so that is an idea. Given a few people seem to want to get a late petrol ICE 911 I might end up buying two with the second one being the keeper.
My local dealer said that 992.2 allocations (2023 model) should become available in Q3/Q4 of this year. That's not SO long to wait to get the refresh. But then I worry about price going up even higher. Also, my guess is that the interior will be more Taycan-like with possibly even fewer physical buttons. Is that a good thing? Not sure.
The following users liked this post:
992uk (01-06-2022)

Quick Reply: Wait for a 992.2 or go for a 992.1?