Old 12-20-2021, 01:23 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,007 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Bassman51
dehirm5:

I do it because I've had my 911 batteries die on me a couple of times while sitting unused for several weeks in the winter. I've never had this many battery problems with any other car I've owned - American, Japanese, German. Only with Porsches - there is no substitute.

I'll be away skiing for a couple of weeks at the end of the year and a dead battery in a 911 (or other modern cars) is a pain. The battery is in the frunk, which can only be opened via the electric switch next to the driver's seat. Which is inoperative when the battery is dead. So you require a booster battery, which needs to be attached to terminals located in the fuse block in the driver's footwell, to open the frunk. So you can get to the battery and either jump start the car or replace the battery. It's a pain. As is this, but I find this the preferable pain.
As an FYI, we make a Lithium Battery with built-in Jump Starting and it Wireless. So you would actually never come back to a dead battery or not be able to open your frunk.

I know this is a 992 forum but many don't have the Lithium Battery so if you had a Lead/Acid Battery in your 992 you can swap out to lithium quite easy with Antigravity and never be stranded by a dead battery again.. Now this is not a substitute for maintaining your battery properlyin general, but it is an extremely valuable feature to know you won't come back to a dead battery or not be able to get in the frunk or start your car. You'll always be able to start your Car and drive with our Battery even if you over-discharge it.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:27 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
As an FYI, we make a Lithium Battery with built-in Jump Starting and it Wireless. So you would actually never come back to a dead battery or not be able to open your frunk.

I know this is a 992 forum but many don't have the Lithium Battery so if you had a Lead/Acid Battery in your 992 you can swap out to lithium quite easy with Antigravity and never be stranded by a dead battery again.. Now this is not a substitute for maintaining your battery properlyin general, but it is an extremely valuable feature to know you won't come back to a dead battery or not be able to get in the frunk or start your car. You'll always be able to start your Car and drive with our Battery even if you over-discharge it.
If I use the batter finder on your website nothing shows up for the 992.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:34 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,007 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark S
If I use the batter finder on your website nothing shows up for the 992.
Part of this is due to some of the new Porsche's that already have a Lithium battery coming stock also have a LIN Bus system which entails an extra port and plug on the battery which unfortunately at the movement only an OEM can be used for replacement so we want to make sure that's not the case. If there is no additional LIN Bus plug then the H6 or H7 models can be used and the stock mounting cleat is adjusted to properly fit and secure. Most will opt for the H6 being the smaller of the two and easiest to maneuver.

Quick Reply: Lithium battery charging