Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for Cab Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 02:03 AM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

8700 miles in 6 months, Mostly top down. I don't enjoy the car as much with it up. Absolutely no buffeting or wind in the hair with the deflector and windows up, which is needed on freeway in traffic and when its cold. The heated seats and heater cocoon the cabin. Very comfortable even in the 50s outside. But then it is a cab and looks great and feels great on quieter roads and warmer weather with everything down.

I have yet to need more luggage space. The largest duffels and overnighters fit just fine in the larger large frunk. I have put a large gaming computer and lots of other stuff when folding down the back seats. You won't regret getting the cab.
The following users liked this post:
Master Deep (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 07:37 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Just going to stop here for a second and mention how it took me days of seeing the title of this thread before it occurred to me it had nothing to do with taxis. I'm getting old.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:47 PM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 555 Posts

I don’t personally know any cab drivers but I know someone who drives for Uber and I can ask her what she thinks.

sorry, I’m terrible with dad jokes. Can’t help it.
Old 11-06-2021, 01:53 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Hormazd Dalal
........ Absolutely no buffeting or wind in the hair with the deflector and windows up, which is needed on freeway in traffic and when its cold. .......

I have yet to need more luggage space. The largest duffels and overnighters fit just fine in the larger large frunk. I have put a large gaming computer and lots of other stuff when folding down the back seats. You won't regret getting the cab.
Good to know; thanks. I like bit of buffeting, actually; after all, that's why we drive an open-top! I was only comparing the amount of buffeting against a Roadster. Yes, the Cab is definitely a strong candidate as of now. Still thinking through.

Originally Posted by Domer911
Just going to stop here for a second and mention how it took me days of seeing the title of this thread before it occurred to me it had nothing to do with taxis. I'm getting old.
Originally Posted by RudyP
I don’t personally know any cab drivers but I know someone who drives for Uber and I can ask her what she thinks.

sorry, I’m terrible with dad jokes. Can’t help it.
Sorry to have disappointed you both!!
Old 11-09-2021, 09:46 PM
brianli516
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought this thread was for taxi drivers so I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer.....lol. I have a 992 Cab and am still driving with the top down on Long Island and I'm thinking with the deflector I might have winter tires on and the top down soon.

I have love the wind deflector, it does a great job of blocking the wind and enabling a quieter driving environment to hear the engine noise! I don't understand your concern regarding the looks, I drive facing the other direction and rarely see it when backing up....lol. In all seriousness, it looks fine and serves its purpose.

The best part of the wind deflectors ability to do double duty and act as a luggage holder when the top is down. if you put the back seats down and put a weekend back in the back, you can then close the wind deflector on long highway road trips and the mesh actually serves to keep the luggage secure while driving.

Quick Reply: Questions for Cab Drivers