Sponsored by:

OEM Aluminum or Numeric Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 02:29 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,799 Likes on 947 Posts
Default OEM Aluminum or Numeric Pedals

Anyone get the OEM Aluminum Pedals upgrade or get them aftermarket from Suncoast, or go with Numeric's Pedal upgrade? Curious how they are. I think I heard the Porsche set isn't any better than the standard non-aluminum.

No experience with the Numeric product and whether they are a better experience - ESPECIALLY when it comes to MANUALS?

I figure if I would consider this, it's more for performance than look.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:04 AM
Cotechia
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the aluminum on my build, expecting to get it in one week
Old 10-16-2021, 06:30 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Anyone get the OEM Aluminum Pedals upgrade or get them aftermarket from Suncoast, or go with Numeric's Pedal upgrade? Curious how they are. I think I heard the Porsche set isn't any better than the standard non-aluminum.

No experience with the Numeric product and whether they are a better experience - ESPECIALLY when it comes to MANUALS?

I figure if I would consider this, it's more for performance than look.
The porsche normal set is no different than the aluminum ones, they just have aluminum insets.

I had the numeric on my 992 C4S (and will again on my 992 Targa 4S which comes in December). They are wonderfully engineered, and the gas pedal is nicely widened for great heal toe action.

Last edited by Richard_Wallace; 10-16-2021 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:01 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Numeric. I will say I had a little trouble getting the brake and clutch pedals on my 991.2. Their videos are excellent but believe me, they make it look easier than it was (for me). Once on - excellent feel and quality. They also come in black and with or without their logo. I ordered black no logo.
I would absolutely buy them again.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:58 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,130 Likes on 1,462 Posts

I have black Numerics on my 992, They look nice, when I remember to even look at them. Certainly MUCH high build than Porsche OEM. I don't notice a "performance" difference at all, I consider them bling. They can be slick in the rain depending on your shoes.

Old 10-16-2021, 08:23 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,799 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
The porsche normal set is no different than the aluminum ones, they just have aluminum insets.

I had the numeric on my 992 C4S (and will again on my 992 Targa 4S which comes in December). They are wonderfully engineered, and the gas pedal is nicely widened for great heal toe action.
Originally Posted by drcollie
I have black Numerics on my 992, They look nice, when I remember to even look at them. Certainly MUCH high build than Porsche OEM. I don't notice a "performance" difference at all, I consider them bling. They can be slick in the rain depending on your shoes.
I like the two tone of the Porsche aluminum set, but didn't spec it. I like what I hear is better action on the heel toe from the numeric. I would likely go black no logo, but that wouldn't look that much different from the OEM. I just think the silver numeric is too much, nothing breaking it up. Thanks for the responses.

Originally Posted by Cotechia
I have the aluminum on my build, expecting to get it in one week
Post a pic or two here when you get them.

Last edited by 3rdpedal; 10-16-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:34 PM
Andy515
Racer

Received 197 Likes on 83 Posts

I have numeric pedals on my 991 (same as the 992 I believe) and they are amazing. Way nicer and much better feeling that the stock plastic ones. I was hesitant at first but decided to go with them since I didnt have to drill into the stock ones and couldnt be happier.

Quick Reply: OEM Aluminum or Numeric Pedals