Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight and Noise Insulated Glass - Can retrofit this later?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2021 | 11:37 PM
tnf552
Intermediate

Default Lightweight and Noise Insulated Glass - Can retrofit this later?

Hey guys!

Excited to have a 992 Targa coming in the next few months (gentian blue, exclusive design wheels in jet black black metallic, exclusive manufaktur leather package with graphite blue top and beige bottom ). Currently I drive a 991.2 and really just the tire/road noise is the only issue with the car on most surfaces - of course it is expected on a sports car but would much prefer to not have that tire noise.

I noticed the Lightweight and Noise Insulated Glass option was available on some models some time ago but not listed any longer. Anyone have any idea if it is possible (and rough cost) to replace the windshield and driver/passenger windows later at the dealer with this type of glass? I understand that the Targa rear glass won't have the lightweight and noise insulated glass, but at least maybe it is possible to replace just the windshield and driver/passenger windows...
Old 10-17-2021 | 12:15 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Not practical, and honestly on a targa or a cab, the exterior noise is not going to be mitigated that much anyway. My guess is no, unless you would spend several times more than a factory option, which is not available. Honestly, I would not have opted for it anyway, a replacement due to damage is considerably more. Standard is fine with me, this is not a Mercedes...
Old 10-17-2021 | 12:40 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

The rear glass definitely and probably the door glass as well for a Coupe will not fit a Targa.

Quick Reply: Lightweight and Noise Insulated Glass - Can retrofit this later?