Sponsored by:

uncomfortable seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 05:43 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by michael818
probably ridiculously expensive but if you love the car…..
Not over-the-top expensive: 2,677 Euro each including VAT. Only the Driver's seat is currently available for a 992 though.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2021...nch-26060.html
Old 10-14-2021, 07:07 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

Rumor has it (yes, Nick Murray) that the ventilated seats are less comfortable. I'm wondering if that might be something the OP could consider on the next car?

Old 10-15-2021, 02:30 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
Rumor has it (yes, Nick Murray) that the ventilated seats are less comfortable. I'm wondering if that might be something the OP could consider on the next car?
I have seen that from him - but only from him. I guess it makes sense, but have never heard anyone else complain about it. Can anyone substantiate that with a first hand comparison?
Old 10-15-2021, 03:07 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
I have seen that from him - but only from him. I guess it makes sense, but have never heard anyone else complain about it. Can anyone substantiate that with a first hand comparison?
I think the issue is finding a car that does NOT have them But the true test would be the butt test
Old 10-15-2021, 07:01 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,060 Likes on 2,102 Posts

Timely post. Recently picked up a BMW and the seats are pretty firm, mine are non-ventilated and apparently the ventilated ones are even harder and worse. I'm genuinely considering trading the car in next year (would have had it a year or less), but I really don't want to spend years in an uncomfortable car. Will depend how much I'm driving next year and what return to office looks like.

I am very particular when it comes to seats. It's the thing that you're constantly interacting with when you're driving. A good seat you won't even notice, but it will prevent you from feeling as tired. It will connect you with the road, or disconnect you from the road, depending on the car you're in.

Originally Posted by Leecw
In my 991.1 14way Ventilated seats I had a similar issue - long drives with the harder seat bottom and I'd get lower back pain - was remedied with a gel pad - I highly recommend:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(GSeat CLASSIC Gel and Foam Seat Cushion - Use for Chairs, Car, Office, Commute, Airplane, Wheelchair - Portable - Relieve Sciatica, Coccyx/Tailbone & Chronic Back Pain Relief - Ergonomic Comfort - Long Lasting (Black))
Thanks for this. I looked at buying this one, read some of the reviews that said it was relatively hard so I didn't buy it, but I may buy that now. Curious, does it fit well in between the bolsters?

Originally Posted by doug_999
They are less comfortable. I've sat in non-ventilated and ventilated seats. There is a membrane in the ventilated seats, I believe, which makes them harder. Also, the 14 ways in the 991 are less comfortable than the 18 ways in the 991. Not sure how the 992 compares. Same story with the comfort seat in the 997 compared to the sport seat plus in the 997. Which is funny, you'd think the comfort seat would be comfortable. The 992 C4S I drove had 4 way sport seats (not sport seats plus) with ventilation and I found them to be comfortable. Firm, yes, but comfortable. Considerably more comfortable than the seats in my BMW X3 which they also use in the G20 BMW 3 series.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:36 PM
Leecw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Timely post. Recently picked up a BMW and the seats are pretty firm, mine are non-ventilated and apparently the ventilated ones are even harder and worse. I'm genuinely considering trading the car in next year (would have had it a year or less), but I really don't want to spend years in an uncomfortable car. Will depend how much I'm driving next year and what return to office looks like.

I am very particular when it comes to seats. It's the thing that you're constantly interacting with when you're driving. A good seat you won't even notice, but it will prevent you from feeling as tired. It will connect you with the road, or disconnect you from the road, depending on the car you're in.

Thanks for this. I looked at buying this one, read some of the reviews that said it was relatively hard so I didn't buy it, but I may buy that now. Curious, does it fit well in between the bolsters?

They are less comfortable. I've sat in non-ventilated and ventilated seats. There is a membrane in the ventilated seats, I believe, which makes them harder. Also, the 14 ways in the 991 are less comfortable than the 18 ways in the 991. Not sure how the 992 compares. Same story with the comfort seat in the 997 compared to the sport seat plus in the 997. Which is funny, you'd think the comfort seat would be comfortable. The 992 C4S I drove had 4 way sport seats (not sport seats plus) with ventilation and I found them to be comfortable. Firm, yes, but comfortable. Considerably more comfortable than the seats in my BMW X3 which they also use in the G20 BMW 3 series.
Fits well enough between the bolster as to not move or cause excessive wear
Old 10-16-2021, 08:02 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 223 Posts

You mentioned you had become out of shape. That may be part of your issue. Weight gain can decrease the seating positions available for you and possibly aggravate your injury.

I found long drives barely tolerable in my 991.2 and 2020 Macan (both 14 ways, latter with seat ventilation). After losing a considerable amount of weight, the seats became much more comfortable.

Getting back into shape takes effort but in this day, getting another 992 may take even more.

Quick Reply: uncomfortable seat