992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior trim

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021 | 01:28 PM
DougL
Track Day

I really wouldn't put the yellow with the truffle. Just doesn't sit right. Possibly white dials and chalk belts. But no other colour. Red dials maybe at a push.

I am definitely going to specify truffle with chalk stitching and wood trim. The belts will stay black.
Old 10-13-2021 | 02:30 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
The standard trim is my favorite, because it has the same texture as the switchgear. It’s a touch surface when you use the PCM. You can rest your hand on it and it’s nice not to leave finger prints.

As for the other options… IMHO
  • Aluminum doesn’t look as nice as the standard, because it loses the texture.
  • Carbon fiber is kind of played out.
  • I liked the exterior color in the 991 interior, but don’t care for it in the 992.
  • Wood looks good, though it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
I originally seen on the Murray vids that there were gaps with some of the trim options that didn't look great, and that leather was better. I did like the idea of the leather. However, any option other than standard changes other trim aspects from matte black to light silver and I didn't care for that. I thought about getting the leather trim from Suncoast and swapping it out, but they only care the piece around the cupholder and not the dash or door pieces.

All that said, when I got the car, the standard interior trim looked fantastic. and much more muted and better than CF would look, which I agree is mostly played out.

The Paldao wood goes I guess with some interiors but for me was too light. I would prefer a darker richer wood.

I would stay with the standard, but like I said I don't care for how all the trim that goes with it become light silver when you change it any of the options.
Old 10-13-2021 | 07:18 PM
jhardy
Racer

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I originally seen on the Murray vids that there were gaps with some of the trim options that didn't look great, and that leather was better. I did like the idea of the leather. However, any option other than standard changes other trim aspects from matte black to light silver and I didn't care for that. I thought about getting the leather trim from Suncoast and swapping it out, but they only care the piece around the cupholder and not the dash or door pieces.

All that said, when I got the car, the standard interior trim looked fantastic. and much more muted and better than CF would look, which I agree is mostly played out.

The Paldao wood goes I guess with some interiors but for me was too light. I would prefer a darker richer wood.

I would stay with the standard, but like I said I don't care for how all the trim that goes with it become light silver when you change it any of the options.
I think the wood looks awesome but would rather do 930 leather for $1.5K and stay with standard than wood for $1.9K. Of course if I wasn’t try to stay under $160K out the door id do both.
Old 10-13-2021 | 07:21 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhardy
I think the wood looks awesome but would rather do 930 leather for $1.5K and stay with standard than wood for $1.9K. Of course if I wasn’t try to stay under $160K out the door id do both.
Honestly, just go for the wood if you like it.

You will sorely regret not spending the $1.9k on an option that you want in order to hit some imaginary number. Trust me.
The following users liked this post:
SamD (10-16-2021)
Old 10-13-2021 | 07:23 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

I have the Sport-Tex leather interior. I opted for the interior trim inlays in leather option ($1260). It is pricy, but the leather replaces the standard under dash and center console trim, and adds some leather on the doors. And, as you say, it does add that light silver. I thought that was also a good thing. I'm happy with the choice, but that's without seeing the car yet. Soon enough, I'll have a real opinion.
Old 10-13-2021 | 07:27 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

I did the 930 leather. I love it.

Old 10-13-2021 | 07:32 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

I did Truffle Brown with chalk stitching and did the leather inlays. It was a tough choice between leather inlays and the wood. We saw a Truffle Brown with wood and the wife thought the contrast was too much so I went with leather inlays. I liked the wood but you gotta know when to fold them.
Old 10-13-2021 | 07:54 PM
Gables
Instructor

I like the lighter trim and the Paldao wood. I believe it depends largely on your exterior and interior colors. For example, the lighter silver trim compliments a GT Silver or Dolomite exterior. It also plays nicely with those that opt for aluminum trim around the windows. The wood adds elegance for those that want more touring and less sporty-ness. I have seen the wood with Truffle Brown, Slate Grey/Chalk, and Iceland Green interiors and it looks amazing. It even looks surprisingly good with black as well as it breaks up the dark interior.

Thankfully, we can call spec our cars just like we like them (albeit at a hefty price).
Old 10-13-2021 | 07:56 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

I have truffle brown with chalk stitching and the 930 package. I went with the standard trim as it matched the switchgear. Covered the seatbacks in leather instead. Only trim I debated was the matte CF because I always wanted a car with it but it just didn’t feel right. Happy with my decisions. The standard trim is scratch resistant too so that’s a plus.
Flash992 (10-17-2021)
Old 10-13-2021 | 08:26 PM
jhardy
Racer

Originally Posted by rk-d
Honestly, just go for the wood if you like it.

You will sorely regret not spending the $1.9k on an option that you want in order to hit some imaginary number. Trust me.
Eh I like don’t love it - not worth the $1.9K to me personally. I’ve already blown way way past my budget so imaginary or not I’m above it! I went for premium package, 930, spyder wheels, truffle, adds up.
Old 10-13-2021 | 08:34 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Eh I like don’t love it - not worth the $1.9K to me personally. I’ve already blown way way past my budget so imaginary or not I’m above it! I went for premium package, 930, spyder wheels, truffle, adds up.
Works both ways. If you don’t love it, don’t bother.
Old 10-13-2021 | 08:36 PM
ddelallata
Advanced

I went with carbon fiber. Pricy , but I’m happy with my purchase .

ibopm (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021 | 05:42 AM
ibopm
Instructor

Originally Posted by ddelallata
I went with carbon fiber. Pricy , but I’m happy with my purchase .
I ordered mine w/ carbon fibre trim + steering wheel + door sill. I'm excited to see how it looks. Got any more pics to share?
Old 10-14-2021 | 05:12 PM
ddelallata
Advanced

Sure. Sorry about the dust

Originally Posted by ibopm
I ordered mine w/ carbon fibre trim + steering wheel + door sill. I'm excited to see how it looks. Got any more pics to share?

Quick Reply: Interior trim