Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difficulty deciding on color

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 06:41 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 699 Likes on 450 Posts

Gentian Blue w/the Slate & Chalk interior. Exact same combo we have on order too. So I'm biased despite everyone's claims GB is getting too popular. I have yet to even see a GB 911 out in the wild yet.
Old 10-03-2021, 07:10 PM
cedricgy
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
The slate gray is a little darker than you see in pictures--I don't find the steering wheel cleanliness to be a problem.
Good to hear! No issues with windshield reflections?
Old 10-03-2021, 08:41 PM
jhardy
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Gentian Blue w Slate/Chalk Interior

I really don't think Aventurine Green will age well, and certainly not as well as Gentian Blue.
Really? Why not? Seems like more muted colors age best. Although the 911 in general seems like it ages incredibly well. One reason I am getting one vs some other choices I considered (eg new M4).
Old 10-03-2021, 11:00 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,954 Likes on 5,212 Posts

Originally Posted by jhardy
Really? Why not? Seems like more muted colors age best. Although the 911 in general seems like it ages incredibly well. One reason I am getting one vs some other choices I considered (eg new M4).
Traditional colors from the basic color palette tend to age better than color blends, like Aventurine Green.

Not saying Aventurine Green is not a good color, because what is a good or bad color is a purely personal decision.

But if someone asked 10 people to describe Aventurine Green, they would most likely get 11 different answer. That vagueness makes the color less attractive down the road.
The following users liked this post:
ibopm (10-04-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 11:13 PM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Go green IMO....too many, WAY too many gentian's seemingly hitting the road (yawn)....
YES, Green indeed....
Old 10-04-2021, 12:16 AM
jhardy
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Traditional colors from the basic color palette tend to age better than color blends, like Aventurine Green.

Not saying Aventurine Green is not a good color, because what is a good or bad color is a purely personal decision.

But if someone asked 10 people to describe Aventurine Green, they would most likely get 11 different answer. That vagueness makes the color less attractive down the road.
Interesting I actually feel like that’s exactly the appeal of AG. Subtle undertones of several different colors. I think AG will end up aging very well. IMO AG + truffle will end up being a “classic” 992 combo. Biased because that’s what I’m ordering ha. I was also torn between AG and GB but felt like there are enough loud blues in my area (SoCal).
Old 10-04-2021, 12:36 AM
FrostyAZ
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 51 Posts

I had a tough time choosing colors. My default is always white and so that is what I decided for my 992. My 991 is midnight blue, a little darker than Gentian. The only downside to the darker colors is they show more dust and imperfections. I think the green would be a nice neutral color to help hide dust and minor imperfections. I guess it depends where you live, I am in AZ so dust is an issue. If you live on the coast probably not an issue. The green will certainly be more rare of a color, which is a nice bonus.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:19 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,504 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Originally Posted by jhardy
Interesting I actually feel like that’s exactly the appeal of AG. Subtle undertones of several different colors. I think AG will end up aging very well. IMO AG + truffle will end up being a “classic” 992 combo. Biased because that’s what I’m ordering ha. I was also torn between AG and GB but felt like there are enough loud blues in my area (SoCal).
Aventurine Green is an older color. The old formula seemed to be much darker than the current AG and is a little closer to Oak Green.

doug_999 (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 05:01 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Aventurine !! I am a black interior guy but if I had to do two tone then its this
Old 10-04-2021, 05:06 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Edit .. I just looked at the price of the heritage package . Yikes !!! I couldn't do Iceland green so two two black beige . This could sooo easy with just a black interior !!!
Old 10-04-2021, 08:11 AM
Budman1
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

My vote would be for Gentian Blue.

Aventurine Green looks good in certain light, but in others it looks more gray vs. green.

I recommend trying to see either colors in person, if possible.
Mikey K (10-05-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 09:07 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Budman1
My vote would be for Gentian Blue.

Aventurine Green looks good in certain light, but in others it looks more gray vs. green.

I recommend trying to see either colors in person, if possible.
The hard part with both is that they are chameleon colors . The gentian can sometimes have a purple hue and the aventurine has a gray /black look I want my blue to be blue all the time or my green to be green . Python is green all the time . Shark is blue I just dont like the shade . Agate is gray , looks gray always. JBM looks black always .
I am the totally wrong guy though as I have mostly bought white or black and going out on a limb to get Gt silver . White is always white . Black is always black . Buying two colors where both have moments of having doubts creates multiple doubt . Adding two tone interior (especially Iceland) just increases it exponentially. I am too neurotic for this . At 120-200+ K (depending on variant) I need certainty as there is only one chance to get it right . Pick the wrong color and you'll see it in the sun or overcast or at night or in some setting where you look at it and say "what have I done." ? Then you are left with a few years of trying to convince yourself .

Tough choices !! Good luck Op.
The following 2 users liked this post by yrralis1:
audimotion (10-04-2021), Yojeffo (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 09:28 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,504 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Gentian is a much louder color than Aventurine. Another thing to keep in mind. Depending on what you are looking for, that can be good or bad.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:14 PM
Raybold7
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

I love AG with Iceland. Seen it in 2 OPD's and it's what I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to lock in. I never thought I would have green car but I've had blue, red, white, black, so it's time to change.

I did have a stutter last week and thought about white. When it's spec'd out it looks really nice, but I keep thinking......it's just white. I get what yrralis1 is saying about being a single colour, but I actually like the fact that in certain lights the AG looks a different colour. I think this adds to the attraction. I want people to be saying, wow look at the colour of your car, not seen that colour before.

So AG gets my vote!
Old 10-04-2021, 04:30 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 438 Posts

Lots of people here getting both colors - I would say they are 2nd only to White/Crayon(aka chalk).

I have the GB and it is a bitch to keep clean - but seriously, I've never gotten this many compliments on a color in my life. It is certainly a "notice me" color and that might be your style - or not....

Quick Reply: Difficulty deciding on color