Oddity of 14 vs 18 way seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 07:38 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by smiles11
I covered the backs on my 18-ways in leather. It comes down to personal taste obviously YMMV. Having more plastic was not commensurate of spending six-figures on a sports car. Especially when you spec a ‘full leather’ interior. I may not see them when I’m driving, but I have to see the backs every time I walk into my garage. They can look a bit out of place & that’s a big reason why some go with 14-way sport seats to avoid. I also like that it will be easier to maintain with my son in the back if there is ever a scratch or scuff.

While this looks lovely, I suspect that the plastic holds up better if you're putting kids in the back seat. My son is cautious and careful, but soccer cleats are soccer cleats.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:31 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,381 Likes on 1,481 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
While this looks lovely, I suspect that the plastic holds up better if you're putting kids in the back seat. My son is cautious and careful, but soccer cleats are soccer cleats.
Cleats are coming off lol but you won’t be able to get a scratch out of plastic. I’ve done several scuff removals from leather in the past. Super easy with some conditioning & a little heat.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (10-01-2021)

Quick Reply: Oddity of 14 vs 18 way seats