Sponsored by:

992 C2S spec, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 01:31 PM
992SJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 992 C2S spec, thoughts?

I am going to be first time Porsche owner (new on rennlist, pardon me for beginner questions).
Looking for suggestions on
1) Based on your ownership experience, is there anything that I should remove or add to my spec. I will be using 992 as my daily driver and 2-4 days/year track days. I plan to drive this car frequently from Seattle to Portland and neighborhood trails.
2) Satin black wheels. How tough are they to maintain vs platinum RS Spyder wheels.
3) Standard interior vs full leather. Is it worth the upgrade ?(no 992s available to see in person in showrooms)
4) Chalk exterior color with black/red interior. Does the combination look good in person? I like understated nature of 992, does this color combination still keep it understated?

Porsche code: PN6PGU64 (http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6PGU64)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by 992SJ; 09-14-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:32 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,141 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Welcome to Porsche World. You will love the car. I have been driving them for over 40 years and have owned (9).

The best way to approach ordering a Porsche is to realize that you don't build the car up from the base price and add things Rather you fully load it up (as it should be) and then you can de-content. In other words, its not a $ 100K car with options, it's a $ 150K car to be properly equipped and you can take things away if you want. I know, that's a strange way to look at it, but will alter how you buy the car. There are no bad options, they all work and work well.

For example, your build has stock seats - I find the four ways miserable, even my wife didn't like them for trips to the wineries on Sundays. 14 or 18 way if you want to take any kind of journeys longer than 2 hours. The standard radio is not very good, at least get the Bose. Standard interior is mostly vinyl and looks cheap, full cow. There are all items that should be in the car as standard, but are not. You'll want Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust (the stock exhaust is pretty quiet), PASM and my personal favorite is Rear Wheel Steering. PDCC if you value comfort on bumpy roads. Black wheels are miserable to keep clean, but look really nice for the first hour after you wash the car, the greys don't show dust quite as much.

Chalk is great - have it on my wife's Macan with Espresso interior, I have the Black/Bordeaux in my 992 (black paint) and love the red. There are no bad choices, but just make sure you don't buy too much a stripper. You'll keep the car longer if you have it set up right.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:40 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Nice build. Just a couple of comments, just based on my own bias:
  • Its a nice color combo, it just seems like everyone has these colors. If that's you, cool! But I like my car to stand out a bit.
  • I think the concern about wheels is mostly overhyped when we live in the era of good ceramic coats. You dont have to get fancy with it, but remove the wheels one day and use a good ceramic spay all over the wheels. You do that every couple of years and your wheel washing will be much easier, no matter which wheels you have.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:47 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,602 Likes on 5,087 Posts

Get full leather.

Get PCCBs if you have "dusty wheel phobia" otherwise all wheels are equally difficult to keep clean with the OEM iron rotors.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:55 PM
Gentian21
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 106 Posts

I agree with the comments so far, except I beg to differ on the standard seats. I have them, and find them to be perfectly comfortable. The main value of the 14 way seats is their memory function-- something worth having if there are multiple drivers (not the case for me). I have had several Porsches with 14 ways seats, and they, too, are very comfortable, but in truth, you find a setting you like and tend to leave it there for as long as you own your car. Not many people feel the need to keep adjusting the height of the seat or its tilt once they have a position they like. The adjustable seats are pricey and they add weight. Trust in the fact that Porsche wouldn't design a car with standard seats that suck.
The following users liked this post:
JiminyGlick (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 06:00 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,602 Likes on 5,087 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie

The best way to approach ordering a Porsche is to realize that you don't build the car up from the base price and add things Rather you fully load it up (as it should be) and then you can de-content. In other words, its not a $ 100K car with options, it's a $ 150K car to be properly equipped and you can take things away if you want. I know, that's a strange way to look at it, but will alter how you buy the car. There are no bad options, they all work and work well.
That would be a really interesting if the Porsche configurator was configured so that the default screen was a 911 with all options selected.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 06:40 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,213 Likes on 1,380 Posts

^^^ For giggles:

$210,245!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNDFLX32

Last edited by Scott P; 09-14-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:40 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,141 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
That would be a really interesting if the Porsche configurator was configured so that the default screen was a 911 with all options selected.
Yes it would. Go through and check all the major options except the silly ones like colored seat belts and PORSCHE logo splash lights, etc And skip the Matrix headlights for the US Market because it appears DOT is not in any hurry to approve them. Once you have that done, then look at the price. You should have about $ 40K in options. Now the car is properly equipped as would be a Ferrari or Aston Martin. Then start to de-content it gently. My guess is you will still wind up with $ 30K to $ 35K worth of add-ons that should have come on a world-class car anyways..
Old 09-14-2021, 07:38 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,106 Likes on 2,999 Posts

Originally Posted by 992SJ
I am going to be first time Porsche owner (new on rennlist, pardon me for beginner questions).
Looking for suggestions on
1) Based on your ownership experience, is there anything that I should remove or add to my spec. I will be using 992 as my daily driver and 2-4 days/year track days. I plan to drive this car frequently from Seattle to Portland and neighborhood trails.
2) Satin black wheels. How tough are they to maintain vs platinum RS Spyder wheels.
3) Standard interior vs full leather. Is it worth the upgrade ?(no 992s available to see in person in showrooms)
4) Chalk exterior color with black/red interior. Does the combination look good in person? I like understated nature of 992, does this color combination still keep it understated?

Porsche code: PN6PGU64 (http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6PGU64)

Thanks in advance!
1) Surprised that you’re going with the 4 way Sport Seats. It doesn’t go with the rest of the build. 18 ways are great for your use case of a DD and some track days — very comfortable and hold you in place.
2) Satin black isn’t going to ease maintenance for you. The RS Spyder Wheels are closer to the color of brake dust.
3) The inside of the car is where you will spend your time. Make it nice. The leather interior is worth it.
4) Yes, your car will still look understated.

The Sport and Premium package combination is very nice for a daily and how you intend to use the car. Again, the seat choice kind of stands out as not going with the rest of the build.

Agreed with @ipse dixit . A 911 is a $150k car.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:01 PM
992SJ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by detansinn
1) Surprised that you’re going with the 4 way Sport Seats. It doesn’t go with the rest of the build. 18 ways are great for your use case of a DD and some track days — very comfortable and hold you in place.
2) Satin black isn’t going to ease maintenance for you. The RS Spyder Wheels are closer to the color of brake dust.
3) The inside of the car is where you will spend your time. Make it nice. The leather interior is worth it.
4) Yes, your car will still look understated.

The Sport and Premium package combination is very nice for a daily and how you intend to use the car. Again, the seat choice kind of stands out as not going with the rest of the build.

Agreed with @ipse dixit . A 911 is a $150k car.
Thanks for your response and feedback.
I favor manual adjustments on the seat for fast and easy rear seat/storage access. May be I should consider Sport Seat + (pending checking seats in person, if I see a car in a nearby showroom)
Old 09-14-2021, 08:17 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts

Nice spec, here are my thoughts:

Seats - are you sure you want the non memory seats?

With the car lowered 10mm do you need the Front Axle Lift?

Skip painting the wheels black.

Adaptive Cruise Control is a nice option to have for a DD. Great for traffic.

Few fun items to add:

Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Preparation for Roof Transport System
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front)

Old 09-14-2021, 08:21 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 948 Posts

I sometimes wish I had ordered Surround View but in the end the sensors work very well so it really isn’t necessary.

But the option I probably miss ordering is colored seat belts.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:29 PM
992SJ
Intermediate

Thanks all for the feedback.
It seems I should try sports seat in person.
Regarding FAL, I spoke to local SA. They suggested to get FAL if I were to get sports front facia.

Quick Reply: 992 C2S spec, thoughts?