Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Think This Will Buff OUT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 06:56 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Aww, man--as everybody else said, glad you're okay, but that totally sucks.
The following users liked this post:
russbert (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 01:11 AM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Inherent Diminished Value

Originally Posted by russbert
Took my car out on a pleasant drive through the back roads of TN on Tuesday, and it was a beautiful day. Headed back home for lunch, and coming on the mountain when this happened.

992 vs TN DOT Hauler

I am doing OK physically, my back hurts a little more than it used to, but for sure reason I'm still sick to my stomach. After having my house taking a direct lightning strike in March (day after COVID-19 shot and getting shingles from it), I am only 98% done with dealing with insurance company. Now I not have to start dealing with another insurance company, it will be the state government (but they are here to help, right?) as well. I will include a few photos in this thread after lunch.

I am assuming I will be lucky to get my car back by December but probably not until next year with insurance people and part issues to deal with? Thoughts / comments? Thanks.

P.S. Even though the driver did NOT try to deny responsibility, I (and the TN State Trooper) was glad to have the video footage as backup.
I always find I fare better when dealing with issues like these unemotionally. With that being said, I would fight like hell, to make sure you address the Inherent Diminished Value as a result of accident reported on CarFax.

The cars net worth is decreased due to the accident and no fault of your own. That needs to be accounted for in your settlement.
russbert (09-20-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 06:12 PM
Bassman51
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
Thought some of you might be interested in initial estimate for car repairs. The estimate came from a Porsche certified repair facility. RK-D came the closest .. it was $29,577.27!!

FYI ... Replacing ONE PDLS+ headlight was $3,700. He said the matrix lights are $5K apiece!
Hit a deer with my 2015 MB E350 wagon, which has the adaptive lights which follow your steering. The deer kept running, but died in the woods. The only visible damage was a crack to the plastic cover on the right headlight assembly. The next day it rained, and my dashboard lit up with warnings as both headlights failed. Took it to my independent, who got a quote for $4,000 for each light assembly from Mercedes. Plus his labor, plus the cost of an MB tech to program the lights to my car. My comprehensive insurance covered the entire loss.

This is on a $65k car.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:29 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Repairs coming slowly but surely ....

Just received a picture proactively of my 992's current repairs. The rear pieces were removed in order to get the paint done correctly. I've really been impressed so far with Harper's Collision and Chad who keeps me in the loop.

My converted C2S into a heavily modified 992 "Cab"
The following 2 users liked this post by russbert:
aggie57 (10-11-2021), timjab (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 06:04 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 167 Posts

I have found that its best to have your insurance company on your side in these matters. Ours, American Family, eventually reimbursed us our deductible once they were paid in full by the other (at fault) driver's insurance. I think you can start the repair work right away then and get the car fixed where and how you want it done. Let your insurance company go after TN DOT and get the car back sooner than later. Its called abrogation and your policy should already include language on this subject. Since you are not at fault it should not increase your rates.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:11 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

Already in progress Tedster.
ryandarr1979 (10-11-2021)

Quick Reply: Do You Think This Will Buff OUT?