Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paying over MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 06:21 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

"Freeze date?" Does that mean the last day your build can be changed?
Old 08-19-2021, 06:46 PM
jhardy
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
Exactly! Which means I will change it a million times from here to then. Still torn on seats. Have 14-ways now but may go to 4-ways. After four years I just discovered my BMW has bolster adjustments. So wonder if money could be spent elsewhere.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:47 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Typically, yes. There is another thread on here somewhere that has the exact “V” code of a freeze date. I don’t recall which thread but perhaps someone who knows will chime in.
The following users liked this post:
Bartleby7334 (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 06:56 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Originally Posted by jhardy
Exactly! Which means I will change it a million times from here to then. Still torn on seats. Have 14-ways now but may go to 4-ways. After four years I just discovered my BMW has bolster adjustments. So wonder if money could be spent elsewhere.
Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Typically, yes. There is another thread on here somewhere that has the exact “V” code of a freeze date. I don’t recall which thread but perhaps someone who knows will chime in.
Ask and ye shall receive.

The following 4 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
German1967 (08-19-2021), Go Bruins (08-19-2021), jhardy (08-19-2021), slwong23 (08-20-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 07:26 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

^^^ That's awesome, thanks for posting that up. I have an appointment with a salesman at the local Porsche dealer. For whatever reason, NY is the ONLY state that makes it near impossible to get Atlanta delivery so I will have to drop that from my build as this dealer has a Carrera S allocation available very soon. Fingers crossed, can't wait to see how this goes and MSRP is what will be charged.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:07 PM
luckycanine
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jhardy
Do you have to keep reaching out to your SA to change or can you change the build yourself?
Old 08-19-2021, 10:16 PM
jhardy
Racer

Originally Posted by luckycanine
Do you have to keep reaching out to your SA to change or can you change the build yourself?
I have to send him a new build code each time. He then updates the system and I check Track My Dream.

Here is my current build:http://www.porsche-code.com/PNCWR523

I don’t want to go above $143K so I’ve been playing the permutation game. IE do I go to 4-way seats so I can do the paldao trim?! These are big decisions ha.

Old 08-19-2021, 11:01 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Nice build. All these Aventurine Green with Truffle builds are killing me, making me doubt my entire build approach!
audiophilitis (08-20-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 11:20 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

Just a side note, late changes can change your ultimate build date (depending on the change). Common practice (at least in my last several builds via Porsche advice) - try and lock your final changes as soon as possible - as later changes could effect your final date - depending on the change. I think with shortage of chips and other essentials (whatever they may be). On my recent targa build my dealer advised me to lock in as quickly as I could (this is my second 992). I wanted it before end of year, my current date is December 3rd. He wanted me to lock as quickly as possible due to any delays, etc. in change in build or available parts if my build were to change.

Not saying anything would change, but I just locked in my final targa build with 33 days left before freeze. They were pinging me every other day, as they were seeing delays with any big changes in config. I am locked and loaded, and they updated my most current build, and the date had not changed - I did not change anything major - just change a few minor options.
Old 08-19-2021, 11:24 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Just a side note, late changes can change your ultimate build date (depending on the change). Common practice (at least in my last several builds via Porsche advice) - try and lock your final changes as soon as possible - as later changes could effect your final date - depending on the change. I think with shortage of chips and other essentials (whatever they may be). On my recent targa build my dealer advised me to lock in as quickly as I could (this is my second 992). I wanted it before end of year, my current date is December 3rd. He wanted me to lock as quickly as possible due to any delays, etc. in change in build or available parts if my build were to change.

Not saying anything would change, but I just locked in my final targa build with 33 days left before freeze. They were pinging me every other day, as they were seeing delays with any big changes in config. I am locked and loaded, and they updated my most current build, and the date had not changed - I did not change anything major - just change a few minor options.
That hasn’t been my experience. I’ve changed builds to the last second and the cars have come before the initial predicted date.

Sure, things could be a little different with COVID, but I think the larger question is — what does it matter? Are you going to settle on the build and NOT get it exactly how you want?
jhardy
Racer

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace

Thank you for this advice. I’ve heard the same. I will try my best not to touch my build again - I’m 55 days or so from freeze date. Btw fwiw my dealer said he hasn’t had any 911s show up with missing chips. He said he’s seen it across SUVs in terms of missing chip for electronic steering columns.
TR772
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts

I keep seeing these 2 thousand dollar sunroofs in builds. I literally just realized after 18 months in my Q7 that i should try my sunroof. It's actually a really nice one now that i think of it. Huge piece of beautiful glass, etc. Tried actually using it for the first time a few days ago, as i wanted to see if i should add it to my new 992 build and within 5 minutes thought this is the most pointless thing in the world. What am i missing ?

Last edited by TR772; 08-19-2021 at 11:29 PM.
txpackers (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 12:00 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

They are nice if you ever pick up food to take home. You open the sunroof and your car doesn't smell like Mickey D's for the next week, that's worth $2K easily.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:03 AM
jhardy
Racer

Originally Posted by TR772
I keep seeing these 2 thousand dollar sunroofs in builds. I literally just realized after 18 months in my Q7 that i should try my sunroof. It's actually a really nice one now that i think of it. Huge piece of beautiful glass, etc. Tried actually using it for the first time a few days ago, as i wanted to see if i should add it to my new 992 build and within 5 minutes thought this is the most pointless thing in the world. What am i missing ?
Depends where you live imo. I’m in SoCal and use my sunroof constantly when I drive on PCH along ocean. Also lets light into car so cabin feels less like a dark cave. I consider them a must have.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:53 AM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

Any Porsche employee can check on my car status for me? My SA tells me my freeze date has passed and can't make any changes, but when I asked for an estimated build date/delivery date, I'm told that it is unavailable due to the chip shortage? I'm based in Canada, so my TYD link doesn't show dates, just current status. Please PM me!

Quick Reply: Paying over MSRP?