Sponsored by:

targa pr turbo cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 04:40 AM
boutrosa
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default targa pr turbo cab

Hi everyone, I have been thinking of replacing my current 992 for a targa. I like the open top idea as i don't track my cars and it would add more to the fun factor of the vehicle.

My local Porshe called me us stating the have a targa chalk/red available and i went to take a look. its really nice, but am having 2nd thoughts. I think the red interior is not for me, so i would have to place an order custom vehicle. While I was there, they had a turbo cab with navy blue with a chalk stitching in the showroom that caught my eye. Its a bit more expensive, but not by much. I am curious, it you had the option, would you go with the targa or turbo cab and why?

thanks

Last edited by boutrosa; 08-08-2021 at 04:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tomingrassia (05-26-2022)
Old 08-08-2021, 06:36 AM
gman77
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

In my opinion if you do a lot of top down driving the Cab will be the one to go for. However, I’d always choose the Targa. Why? Because it still maintains the lines, better visibility with roof up and for me looks way too cool for school.
The following 4 users liked this post by gman77:
c1pher (07-02-2023), incoming992s (07-02-2023), tomingrassia (05-26-2022), Yojeffo (07-02-2023)
Old 08-08-2021, 09:50 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Originally Posted by gman77
In my opinion if you do a lot of top down driving the Cab will be the one to go for. However, I’d always choose the Targa. Why? Because it still maintains the lines, better visibility with roof up and for me looks way too cool for school.
…and if you’re planning to put kids in the back seat, the ingress/egress of the cabriolet is much easier and they get unlimited headroom.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:09 PM
Bassman51
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts

I test drove a Targa before buying my Cab. I’ve driven cabs continuously since 1999 and wouldn’t have it any other way. To me, the Targa feels like a big sunroof. The cab is completely different - you’re open on three sides and can feel and smell everything.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bassman51:
German1967 (08-10-2021), tomingrassia (05-26-2022)
Old 08-10-2021, 10:16 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 449 Posts

Targa…..I’ve owned two Targas and the 992 version is much better as far as buffeting is concerned too. The 991 was a little more windy inside unless you messed with the windows etc.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:22 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

I was all set on getting a Targa 4S, had an allocation and submitted a build. My Targa was built to about $190K. I thought long and hard about what I considered the most important characteristics in a car and how I like to drive and decided to give away my Targa 4S allocation for a Turbo S coupe. I happen to agree that the Targa is probably the best looking of all the 992 variants, but the Turbo will give me more of the driving experience I’m looking for. If you want the fastest open top experience that will viscerally assault you at the push of the pedal, the Turbo is the car you want. The Targa is no slouch, though. It’s handling won’t be as sharp as the 4S coupe, it can’t be had with SPASM, but it is still a very capable car. The turbo is just a different animal, though.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:37 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I was all set on getting a Targa 4S, had an allocation and submitted a build. My Targa was built to about $190K. I thought long and hard about what I considered the most important characteristics in a car and how I like to drive and decided to give away my Targa 4S allocation for a Turbo S coupe. I happen to agree that the Targa is probably the best looking of all the 992 variants, but the Turbo will give me more of the driving experience I’m looking for. If you want the fastest open top experience that will viscerally assault you at the push of the pedal, the Turbo is the car you want. The Targa is no slouch, though. It’s handling won’t be as sharp as the 4S coupe, it can’t be had with SPASM, but it is still a very capable car. The turbo is just a different animal, though.
Good insights. And that was a pretty loaded up Targa build. In the back of my mind, I did similar gymnastics in trying to keep my Targa price down to some extent. I feel at nearly $170k, I got a pretty fully equipped Targa 4S. But I did not get RWS/PDCC and if I got a Turbo, I definitely would have.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:57 AM
kincedn9
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by boutrosa;[url=tel:17594716
17594716[/url]]Hi everyone, I have been thinking of replacing my current 992 for a targa. I like the open top idea as i don't track my cars and it would add more to the fun factor of the vehicle.

My local Porshe called me us stating the have a targa chalk/red available and i went to take a look. its really nice, but am having 2nd thoughts. I think the red interior is not for me, so i would have to place an order custom vehicle. While I was there, they had a turbo cab with navy blue with a chalk stitching in the showroom that caught my eye. Its a bit more expensive, but not by much. I am curious, it you had the option, would you go with the targa or turbo cab and why?

thanks
cab vs targa. Hmmmm. Will this be an all season car in the northeast? The cab in winter time just sorta looks silly. The targa is sexy all year long. Cab is best if it gets parked in the winter or if you live in a warm all year round climate. Kind of the difference between all season tires and summer tires.

Both cars have roof mechanisms that will fail/need maintenance over time. The cab eventually will wear out its fabric top. Targa top is probably life time. But if you don’t plan on keeping fir more than 5 years doesn’t matter. Targa also gives you a little more rear storage from what I understand as well.

red interior for me would be the deal breaker. Get the spec that makes you smile when you walk away from it in the parking lot and sneak a peak over your shoulder.
Old 07-02-2023, 07:44 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Personally not interested in a cab.

Also personally like the red leather interior.

This is your ride, get it the way you want. When permitted my Targa GTS will be built to my configuration.

Quick Reply: targa pr turbo cab