Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

InnoDrive add to 2020 992 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 04:11 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,266 Posts

By the way, I do believe there is a problem with PID, as there is no logical reason we should have to go into the settings every now and then to reset the max speed. Crazy.

So, I’m more than happy to add my voice to the crusade to fix the problem if you tel me who (name, number or email) you contacted at Porsche (either US or German) about this issue?
Old 11-08-2021, 04:42 PM
JoBlo
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
I’m more than happy to add my voice to the crusade to fix the problem if you tel me who (name, number or email) you contacted at Porsche (either US or German) about this issue?
It’s being dealt with by the supplying dealer’s service department, so I feel far removed from any sense of urgency or determination. To be honest I don’t know if anyone in Germany cares or is even doing anything.
Porsche’s UK’s technical customer service is woeful. They refuse to help with anything, just repeating the mantra “take it to the dealership” no matter what you contact them about.
It took Porsche’s UK technical customer service representative a week or more to tell me she could not advise on how to reset the PCM (the car was not receiving sat nav destinations from the connect app) even though I later found the instructions in the driver manual. Pathetic service when I’ve spent £110k on a car that has glitchy and unreliable software

Last edited by JoBlo; 11-08-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:47 PM
JoBlo
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 992Sam
Thanks for the info Cody but we have a thread already on the virtues of PID… I started this thread because nobody was answering my question over there regarding adding it. Let’s try to keep thread on topic so I can get an answer hopefully. 😏
Innodrive doesn’t work reliably on 992s! There’s a conflict with the max speed system and Porsche has no fix.
there are more details elsewhere in this thread
Old 11-08-2021, 05:01 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by JoBlo
It’s being dealt with by the supplying dealer’s service department, so I feel far removed from any sense of urgency or determination. To be honest I don’t know if anyone cares or is doing anything.
Porsche’s UK’s technical customer service is woeful. They refuse to help with anything, just repeating the mantra “take it to the dealership” no matter what you contact them about.
They took a week or more to tell me they could not advise on how to reset the PCM (the car was not receiving sat nav destinations from the connect app) even though I later found the instructions in the driver manual. Pathetic service when I’ve spent £110k on a car that has glitchy and unreliable software
Well, I haven’t yet had any reason to deal with corporate Porsche. But in other cars I’ve owned, once the local dealer has had ample time to deal with and fix my problem, but can’t, or won’t….I escalate to the corporate office. I the one incident that I have had to do this, they sent in two factory service reps to address my problem. Eventually, the problem was fixed. But suggest you may need to go above your local serve folks. Keep us informed should you get the problem resolved?

Quick Reply: InnoDrive add to 2020 992 anyone?