Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New infotainment system 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 07:34 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

^^^ He’ll be back having now played the victim and looking for sympathy, which is rich coming from somebody who called another member a “dumbass” because he wasn’t sippin’ the Tesla juice.

P.S. Fit & finish goes way beyond a door handle.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 06-20-2021 at 07:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Moosedoc (06-23-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 07:39 PM
Sal635
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche992
Also.. this is current made in California fit and finish on model s plaid. If you think Tesla berlin will not be up to par with Porsche interiors, you are very wrong. If you love Porsche pressure the company on improving software updates and software in general or they will be in trouble,
Totally. I’m very interested in the ways Tesla is and has disrupted the auto industry. It doesn’t mean I don’t love Porsche. I also think there are multiple ways Porsche can and should change the way their business is run. Change or die. That’s the way it usually works.
Porsche992 (06-21-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 07:42 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by Sal635
Totally. I’m very interested in the ways Tesla is and has disrupted the auto industry. It doesn’t mean I don’t love Porsche. I also think there are multiple ways Porsche can and should change the way their business is run. Change or die. That’s the way it usually works.
Porsche has changed quite a bit in 20 years. Some of you act like the Porsche of today is the same Porsche from 20 years ago. Even just looking at the 992’s interior layout demonstrates how much the company has changed.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:45 PM
Sal635
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Porsche has changed quite a bit in 20 years. Some of you act like the Porsche of today is the same Porsche from 20 years ago. Even just looking at the 992’s interior layout demonstrates how much the company has changed.
Porsche sure has! Look at their pivot to SUVs to keep the business alive. They’re an innovative company. It’s one of the many things I love about the Porsche brand. Like I said, I just think Tesla has also done some very innovative things that give it a competitive advantage in some aspects of their business. Will be interesting to see how this shapes the industry as a whole over the next 5-10 years.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:50 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

^^^ He’ll be back having now played the victim and looking for sympathy, which is rich coming from somebody who called another member a “dumbass” because he wasn’t sippin’ the Tesla juice.

Oh, he will be back. He can’t let it go.

Ironically, he doesn’t get a fundamental fact - this is a PORSCHE site, not Tesla. Someone that continues to talk smack about the web sites namesake, while talking glowing things about another make...is, by definition, a TROLL. Don’t feed the TROLL.
Moosedoc (06-23-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 07:53 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Yea, that explains why Porsche is, currently, so damn profitable. They really need to “change or die”. LOL, sure.

You Tesla cheerleaders are a hoot.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:02 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 441 Posts

It’s interesting to me how defensive Tesla owners get despite all the issues….panel gaps, paint problems, door handles not working, dramatic range decreases in cold, so on and so on. In the DC area there are just about as many Tesla as BMW. I work with many people who own them so when I considered buying one, I just wasn’t impressed for the amount of money charged. Plus they keep moving their pricing around or changing options that **** off current owners.

I will just say I always aspired to own a Porsche, not a Tesla. While I would love an awesome American car, I don’t think it will be a Tesla until they are bought by one of the major manufacturers.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:39 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by c1pher
It’s interesting to me how defensive Tesla owners get despite all the issues….panel gaps, paint problems, door handles not working, dramatic range decreases in cold, so on and so on. In the DC area there are just about as many Tesla as BMW. I work with many people who own them so when I considered buying one, I just wasn’t impressed for the amount of money charged. Plus they keep moving their pricing around or changing options that **** off current owners.

I will just say I always aspired to own a Porsche, not a Tesla. While I would love an awesome American car, I don’t think it will be a Tesla until they are bought by one of the major manufacturers.

Well said. I have one correction...I think there are many more BMW owners in the metro DC-BMore area. I live in a pretty affluent neighborhood in the Annapolis area (full of lawyers, doctors and lobbyists). About 150 homes. I believe we have one family (Indian family) with a Tesla 3....while there are no fewer than 10 (at last count) families that have BMW’s.

If you are (one day) in the market for a EV SUV, and want to buy American, check out the Cadillac Lyric. Pretty sharp looking. I will be surprised if slipper Musk doesn’t sell Tesla to Ford/GM within the next 5 years. The signs are beginning to show up.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-20-2021 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:30 AM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 417 Likes on 156 Posts

[QUOTE=Sal635;17503946]Totally. I’m very interested in the ways Tesla is and has disrupted the auto industry. It doesn’t mean I don’t love Porsche. I also think there are multiple ways Porsche can and should change the way their business is run. Change or die. That’s the way it usually works.[/QUOTE

Exactly]
Old 06-21-2021, 12:32 AM
Porsche992
Pro

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Oh, he will be back. He can’t let it go.

Ironically, he doesn’t get a fundamental fact - this is a PORSCHE site, not Tesla. Someone that continues to talk smack about the web sites namesake, while talking glowing things about another make...is, by definition, a TROLL. Don’t feed the TROLL.
yet there u are, still feeding me. I was just commenting on Porsche software and how ****ty it is. My comment comes as a Porsche owner like yourself
Old 06-21-2021, 12:35 AM
Porsche992
Pro

i really domt give a **** about your sympathy, kinda sad seeing fellow porsche owners act like total idiots
Old 06-21-2021, 12:41 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

yet there u are, still feeding me. I was just commenting on Porsche software and how ****ty it is. My comment comes as a Porsche owner like yourself

Oh, look, and as I predicted, the TROLL is back.

Never said I “was done with you”. You did, however.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:43 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

i really domt give a **** about your sympathy, kinda sad seeing fellow porsche owners act like total idiots

“Dumbass”

”total idiots”

Pull yourself together, man....or should I say, “dude”. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-21-2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:46 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,541 Likes on 5,064 Posts

Oh, look, and as I predicted, the TROLL is back.

Never said I “was done with you”. You did, however.
“Dumbass”

”total idiots”

Pull yourself together, man....or should I say, “dude”. You’re embarrassing yourself.
I think you two need to find a room and work things out in private.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:49 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 441 Posts

[QUOTE=Porsche992;17504351]
Totally. I’m very interested in the ways Tesla is and has disrupted the auto industry. It doesn’t mean I don’t love Porsche. I also think there are multiple ways Porsche can and should change the way their business is run. Change or die. That’s the way it usually works.[/QUOTE

Exactly]
I am not really sure he disrupted it rather than perhaps accelerated development of EVs by showing there is a demand that other manufacturers initially ignored. As far as the buying process is concerned, that has been paralleling what’s been going on with Internet sales. Most of the anxiety against a dealership model is due to loss of ability to upsell and charge for maintenance. If dealerships can’t exist, they will continue to acquire one another, growing larger and larger to attempt to maintain margins, until they are no longer sustainable and just disappear.

Quick Reply: New infotainment system 6.0