Sponsored by:

Buying out 992 car lease early

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 12:15 PM
sane992to
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stevelev
I believe the buyout cost was the combined total cost of the payments to the end of the lease plus the residual value. I don’t recall there being any interest saved and that’s why I initially suggested not bothering to buyout a leased car early (unless one intends to sell). Fortunately, a 2 year old well optioned manual Targa 4 is quite desirable …
Ohh alright, makes sense. Here is my build, lemme know what you think. Will be using it as a daily drive http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGBHLW6
Old 06-21-2021, 01:00 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 103 Posts

Looks great. Like most, your build is missing a few things to make it acceptable to me but apparentley it’s not about me! The one thing I would suggest you do is sit in the different seats. I initially planned on the 4 way sport seats but felt the 992 seat is noticeably different to the 991.2 version. I never extended the thigh bolsters not tightened the side bolsters in my last car (18 ways) making them pretty much exactly what the 4 way plus seats felt like. On the 992, I felt that the seat base on
was a little shorter and the width of the seats a little wider so I went with the 18 ways for the add’l adjustment. I’m glad I did as I’ve had a few weeks with mine and feel that the extended thigh support feels better (at 5’9”, I’m not tall nor long legged). As well, I’ve tightened/ narrowed both the seat and back side bolsters now that the warm weather has allowed wearing 1 layer of thin clothing in the coldest capital on the planet. Obviously, it’s a fairly expensive upgrade but perhaps worthwhile for the add’l comfort if the car is a keeper or one is leasing and a portion of the cost pushed to the residual.

Last edited by Stevelev; 06-21-2021 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:10 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by sahilsen
Ohh alright, makes sense. Here is my build, lemme know what you think. Will be using it as a daily drive http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGBHLW6
Unless you’re a smoker, I’d uncheck the smoking package. It doesn’t provide the same aesthetic benefit it did in the 991.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:52 PM
sane992to
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stevelev
Looks great. Like most, your build is missing a few things to make it acceptable to me but apparentley it’s not about me! The one thing I would suggest you do is sit in the different seats. I initially planned on the 4 way sport seats but felt the 992 seat is noticeably different to the 991.2 version. I never extended the thigh bolsters not tightened the side bolsters in my last car (18 ways) making them pretty much exactly what the 4 way plus seats felt like. On the 992, I felt that the seat base on
was a little shorter and the width of the seats a little wider so I went with the 18 ways for the add’l adjustment. I’m glad I did as I’ve had a few weeks with mine and feel that the extended thigh support feels better (at 5’9”, I’m not tall nor long legged). As well, I’ve tightened/ narrowed both the seat and back side bolsters now that the warm weather has allowed wearing 1 layer of thin clothing in the coldest capital on the planet. Obviously, it’s a fairly expensive upgrade but perhaps worthwhile for the add’l comfort if the car is a keeper or one is leasing and a portion of the cost pushed to the residual.
Yeah that makes sense, I was conflicted about 18 ways but I think I will get it since I am trying to go more towards comfort anyway and 4k more on a 170k car doesn't seem like much extra lmao
Old 06-21-2021, 01:53 PM
sane992to
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OliverK68
Unless you’re a smoker, I’d uncheck the smoking package. It doesn’t provide the same aesthetic benefit it did in the 991.
The sales person added that, he said it will be useful if down the way I want to sell the car
Old 06-21-2021, 09:01 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,626 Likes on 781 Posts

With a Porsche Canada lease, when buying out a lease "early" you don't pay interest on the total term, just the months you've used the "borrowed" money. If you ask for a payout statement it will be the total of the residual amount plus what's left of the original purchase price principal not paid down. Bottom line is there's no penalty for ending the lease early.
The following 2 users liked this post by gcurnew:
sane992to (06-22-2021), Stevelev (06-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Buying out 992 car lease early