Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Call me old fashion, but I just like the s aesthetics of the chrono/clock. 🤫
Old 06-04-2021, 10:05 AM
lostcolorado
Advanced

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Victor C3
However, it seems like at least half of the people I see in a sports car or an exotic are in a certain age bracket and just barely do even the speed limit. If you’re one of those drivers, you’ll never miss it. But I have to wonder, why would these people buy a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lambo in the first place?
lol. This is exactly why I didn’t get the manual transmission. I drive like an old grandma now
Old 06-04-2021, 10:24 AM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by love_my_porsche
Hey @Kurac Does the C2S really lack the power to overtake on a tight 2 lane? Or is just more fun to do it with the engine howling?
No it definitely does not. Though I do like the "overtake" button.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:31 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 441 Posts

If I can, two options I try to get are Sport Chrono and PSE. I also try to take into consideration what you can and cannot change after the fact. Changing the stitching is not impossible but hard so you should order it the way you want. Can you add Sport Chrono later, well kinda, but it's way more expensive later on.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:23 AM
love_my_porsche
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If I can, two options I try to get are Sport Chrono and PSE. I also try to take into consideration what you can and cannot change after the fact. Changing the stitching is not impossible but hard so you should order it the way you want. Can you add Sport Chrono later, well kinda, but it's way more expensive later on.
Hey @c1pher Thankfully I do have the PSE. Read some posts on Rennlist and it seems like it would be virtually impossible to retrofit Chrono (more so for the 992).

Actually I have a confession to make - I've never driven a modern 911 much less a 992. In fact, because of lockdowns (no test drives) I bought my previous Porsche; 718 Boxter GTS (2.5) without driving it and absolutely hated the way it sounded - couldn't enjoy the great things about that car because of that awful sound. One of the reasons I barely ever used Sports+ and the overboost button was because it made the car sound even more like a clapped out Subaru!

Watched a ton of videos and I'm anticipating that the exhaust/engine sound (with PSE) on the 992 won't disappoint?

Last edited by love_my_porsche; 06-05-2021 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:40 AM
Kurac
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by love_my_porsche
Hey @Kurac Does the C2S really lack the power to overtake on a tight 2 lane? Or is just more fun to do it with the engine howling?
I just realized you’re thinking of buying a car already built. Since that’s the case, I wouldn’t let a few missing options you would be on the fence about sway your decision. Especially in this current market where allocations are scarce and new builds won’t be delivered till most likely next year. Get the car now.
But if you are spec’ing a new build, you are already spending extra on the S and cab models, it just seems downright silly to cut out a relatively cheap option as Sport Chrono that does help boost performance....I can see not getting it on a base C2, but not on the S??
Old 06-05-2021, 07:24 AM
love_my_porsche
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey @Kurac It's a late 2020 build. And already bought it really (20% reserve paid). As its the only C2SC available right now in Portugal - don't really have a choice :-) Originally considered a new build but only 1 dealer had allocation and couldn't give me even an approx. delivery date. Would certainly have taken Chrono on a new build.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:56 AM
Kurac
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 117 Posts

^Good choice. I’d have done the same.

Quick Reply: How much will I miss Chrono?