Sponsored by:

No dates from local dealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 03:53 PM
lemonorlime
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Default No dates from local dealership

Hi, I ordered in the UAE through the authorized dealership, and placed a downpayment. However since almost 6 weeks now the dealer can only tell me "don't worry you'll get your car in September" and they say that in the Middle East Porsche does not provide allocation dates and official confirmations.
Anyone experienced anything similar?
Old 05-14-2021, 05:07 PM
messiry
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

How are they promising September and you didn’t build your care yet, have you shared the build with them? Did you get any email from them or Porsche with the build confirmation?
Old 05-15-2021, 12:51 AM
lemonorlime
Instructor

Originally Posted by messiry
How are they promising September and you didn’t build your care yet, have you shared the build with them? Did you get any email from them or Porsche with the build confirmation?
I skipped over that part, but yes I built my car on the configurator, sent them the code, they shared back the quote with a contract, I paid the downpayment 10%). I received an email with the contract, but till now I didn't receive any detailed schedule and they're telling me this schedule is not available in this region (I remember V200 etc entries, having seen them here on rennlist forums).
Old 05-15-2021, 01:41 AM
messiry
Rennlist Member

I think the process is different in each region, also Al-Naboodah is an importer not dealer. However they should give you a vehicle order agreement (equivalent to demand order v070) and when you get allocation they also should update you with all the details.

Hope that helped
Old 05-15-2021, 02:33 AM
lemonorlime
Instructor

I think the process is different in each region, also Al-Naboodah is an importer not dealer. However they should give you a vehicle order agreement (equivalent to demand order v070) and when you get allocation they also should update you with all the details.

Hope that helped
Ah yes that's an important distinction, thanks for clarifying. They did share the vehicle order agreement, but they still would not share that tabulated schedule. Any idea whether this happens elsewhere, or how it's possible for me to have these date? Because as of now it's just "you'll get the car in September".
Old 05-15-2021, 03:08 AM
messiry
Rennlist Member

Your sales guy should help here, don’t expect something official though. They have that info but not in the format you are expecting.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:32 AM
lemonorlime
Instructor

Your sales guy should help here, don’t expect something official though. They have that info but not in the format you are expecting.
Shouldn't they receive from Porsche those dates and be able to forward them to me? Sounds weird to me that Al-Naboodah can't do that.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:02 AM
messiry
Rennlist Member

Yes that’s correct, they receive the shipping information and that’s why the are promising September, there is no similar logistics system similar to the US. May I ask when was your allocation confirmed? And which month is your build, I assume July production.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:12 AM
lemonorlime
Instructor

Yes that’s correct, they receive the shipping information and that’s why the are promising September, there is no similar logistics system similar to the US. May I ask when was your allocation confirmed? And which month is your build, I assume July production.
I've been told June allocation and that I'll receive the car in September.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:42 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,508 Likes on 2,828 Posts

Originally Posted by lemonorlime
Shouldn't they receive from Porsche those dates and be able to forward them to me? Sounds weird to me that Al-Naboodah can't do that.
Every region is different, but I believe the V-codes are a PAG thing and should be applicable internationally. As such, I would expect there to be an itinerary.

I would be surprised if factory logistics were different for America than other countries.

Obviously, your agent won't have access to the ordering system if they aren't actual dealers. It's nothing more than an email and 30 seconds of work for the dealer to print out a schedule and a build sheet with your order status on it.

The following users liked this post:
messiry (05-15-2021)

Quick Reply: No dates from local dealership