Sponsored by:

Newbie 2022 992 C2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 10:04 PM
2022_992
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts
Question Newbie 2022 992 C2 Questions

I convinced myself to pull the trigger on a 2022 992 C2. This is going to be my first Porsche! I am a bit confused with the following and would love some feedback on this:

1. Leather! I really like/want leather in the interiors but I am not sure if the standard Embossed leather seats is good enough? To reduce the cost down, I can go with the 18 way Sports Plus (that comes with leather) or use the Standard Interior with Leather Package with the 14 way. The latter bumps the price up by $1340. I haven't sat on the 18 way seats and I am hoping they would be as comfortable.
2. Innodrive: I want the Adaptive Cruise Control but wanted to check if any of you think I should opt for the InnoDrive for $1k extra? Is it worth it?
3. I am trying to limit my build to ~130k, especially given the fact that none of the dealers are offering any discounts. Thinking about resale - do you think a 2022 Carrera 2 for 130k is right/too much?

This is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNY2A8S0

Do you think I am wasting money anywhere on this? This forum has been the most helpful for me (I was almost going for the puddle lights!).
Old 05-03-2021, 10:22 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,308 Likes on 1,372 Posts

OK I'll jump in.

Seats, that's really a very personal question that only you can answer by sitting in them. Of course we all want to save money but seats are what you sit in everyday, if by saving a grand you're uncomfortable are you really going to relish having saved a grand? Personally I find the 14 way fine, I would have preferred more thoracic support like I used to have on my old 911's Recaro seats, but with the PDCC (and the very limited use I've made of my C4S) there's isn't any body roll to need it. Others have said the base seats are fine, so this is something that only you can decide based on how your a** feels

Innodrive? Forget it IMHO as well as adaptive cruise. It' s a Porsche fercryinoutloud, option that on a Chevy.

Do get the blind side monitoring; definitely useful on a low car

Just my 2 cents and congrats! The waiting will be terrible I'll swear to that

siberian
The following 3 users liked this post by siberian:
drcollie (05-04-2021), mdrobc1213 (05-15-2021), Tedster (05-04-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 10:28 PM
phila12180
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 2022_992
I convinced myself to pull the trigger on a 2022 992 C2. This is going to be my first Porsche! I am a bit confused with the following and would love some feedback on this:

1. Leather! I really like/want leather in the interiors but I am not sure if the standard Embossed leather seats is good enough? To reduce the cost down, I can go with the 18 way Sports Plus (that comes with leather) or use the Standard Interior with Leather Package with the 14 way. The latter bumps the price up by $1340. I haven't sat on the 18 way seats and I am hoping they would be as comfortable.
2. Innodrive: I want the Adaptive Cruise Control but wanted to check if any of you think I should opt for the InnoDrive for $1k extra? Is it worth it?
3. I am trying to limit my build to ~130k, especially given the fact that none of the dealers are offering any discounts. Thinking about resale - do you think a 2022 Carrera 2 for 130k is right/too much?

This is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNY2A8S0

Do you think I am wasting money anywhere on this? This forum has been the most helpful for me (I was almost going for the puddle lights!).
I pulled the trigger back in March and ordered my first Porsche, the car is currently on a ship coming to the US. Just about everyone that replies to you will have a different opinion and will tell you that you need to get this or that option or you don't need some option. Porsche lets you build the car the way that you like it and if you are happy with what you have chosen that is all that matters, you are buying the car for you not someone else. My build is very basic, no sport chrono no sports exhaust. For what I want out of the car I feel a lot of the options don't add value to the car but that is my opinion.
This is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM3CY742
Old 05-03-2021, 10:37 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 917 Likes on 512 Posts

I am interested to hear people's opinion on the sport chrono. If you aren't really using it to time yourself, and you consider launch control to be something you just want to experience a few times but not use regularly - are any of the other pieces of that package, worth it?
Old 05-03-2021, 10:44 PM
phila12180
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
I am interested to hear people's opinion on the sport chrono. If you aren't really using it to time yourself, and you consider launch control to be something you just want to experience a few times but not use regularly - are any of the other pieces of that package, worth it?
As I said in my previous reply, I did not order Sport Chrono and the reasons you stated are basically the reasons that I didn't get it. I am 65 years old and just not interested in racing someone off the line, I would probably play with it a few times when I first got it then after the novelty would wear off I would hardly ever use it. The Sport Plus mode would be nice but again I can live without it. Not worth the $2500 or what ever it is. I know a lot of 911 owners disagree but that is my 2 cents.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (05-15-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 11:03 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,136 Likes on 3,006 Posts

The ACC in the 911 is excellent. If you want to steer yourself, you can save a few bucks and get it over the InnoDrive system.

I use ACC when I am stuck in stop & go traffic. I also use it to avoid tickets when I encounter construction zones on the highway.

With 18k miles on the clock, I can’t say enough nice things about the 18 ways. They’re worth it.
Bluehighways (05-04-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 11:52 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

5,000 miles in I’m glad I got the 18-ways. Super comfortable, if you’re tall you’ll appreciate the under thigh support and the comfort entry is nice. Living in SoCal I wish I could have ACC but my car’s stick so it’s not available. Likewise surround view, super helpful when parking. Step above parking sensors and reversing camera.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:37 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Leather = Yes and more is better IMHO
ACC = Yes. This is an option that once you've had it you'll never buy another car without it.
Lane Change Assist = Yes. Our 911's have a nasty blind spot in the rear corners. Saved my butt more than once.
18-Way with Memory = Yes. Comfortable without being overly restrictive.

Inno-Drive = No, Not, Never. If it actually worked it'd probably be nice, but as it is now, it'll have you ping ponging between what the car "thinks" the lane dividing lines are. Not much fun and worse than useless.
detansinn (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 01:18 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Try this combination: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN2PEIR8

Delete:
$2,000 Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass (The money you save here gets you a very nice leather interior. FWIW, folks that have a sunroof almost never use it.)
$280 Power Steering Plus (Not needed.)
$420 Central Tachometer in Racing Yellow (Yuck!)
$1,260 Interior Trim Inlays in Brushed Aluminum (You get this with the Interior Trim Inlays in Leather)
$6,950 Premium Package with Remote ParkAssist (Unless you absolutely need to have the car v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y move in and out of a very narrow parking slot this is a waste.)
$3,380 Sport Exhaust System incl. Exclusive Design Tailpipes in Silver (Save some $$$ and get the Tailpipes in Silver/chrome)
Total: $14,290

Add:
$4,530 Leather Interior / Leather Seats (Leather Seats. . . . and much more)
$5,350 Premium Package (Everything except the Park Assist)
$2,950 Sport Exhaust System incl. Exclusive Design Tailpipes in Silver (Chrome tips versus two two tone painted tips)
$0 Smoking Package (A must have, hidden treasure)
$1,260 Interior Trim Inlays in Leather (Gets the Silver Trim plus more leather)
$89 All-weather floor mats (in interior color: Black) (Less expensive than Weather-Tech and much nicer looking.)
Total: $14,179

New Car Price: $131,030 (Saves $101)

The following 3 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
JDeRose (05-08-2021), Mark Nuanual (05-16-2021), What911 (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 12:55 PM
2022_992
Instructor

You all have been really helpful - thank you so much! I didn't know there were 3 sports exhausts lol. The reason I want the Remote Park assist is because it seems like it comes with 3D Surround View - something that's probably new with the 2022 model. These models would also come with OTA updates, so I'm hoping these features get better over time. I know everyone out here hates yellow anything but I really seem to like the yellow tach .
Also, sounds like InnoDrive is an absolute no go. I'll try both the seats at the dealer and take a call - I had sat on the 14 way for a short test drive once and they seemed comfortable.
aggie57 (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 02:28 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

The reason I want the Remote Park assist is because it seems like it comes with 3D Surround View - something that's probably new with the 2022 model.
Not new for 2022. My 2021 C2S has it. The Premium Package has it. Porsche calls it "Surround View" which is a composite of the Front, Rear and the two Side View Mirror Cameras. The system on our BMW actually has a better rendition of the car's surroundings, but the Porsche cameras come on automatically based on your proximity to objects in that quarter, which is extremely useful and convenient.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:56 PM
2022_992
Instructor

This is why I am confused.

The Remote Park assist comes with:
3D Surround View:
  • The 3D Surround View display allows the driver to influence the perspective displayed within the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) screen, resulting in a better all-round view. This allows for an enhanced view of your surroundings while parking.
Whereas the Premium package comes with:
Surround View
  • Features a 360° surround view generated from four high-resolution cameras enabling even greater comfort when maneuvering. A junction view (from front and rear of the vehicle) provides assistance at more complex exits. Images are displayed on the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) screen.
I am not sure if both are the same and assumed that 3D Surround is different than Surround.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:33 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

This is why I am confused.

The Remote Park assist comes with:
3D Surround View:
  • The 3D Surround View display allows the driver to influence the perspective displayed within the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) screen, resulting in a better all-round view. This allows for an enhanced view of your surroundings while parking.
Whereas the Premium package comes with:
Surround View
  • Features a 360° surround view generated from four high-resolution cameras enabling even greater comfort when maneuvering. A junction view (from front and rear of the vehicle) provides assistance at more complex exits. Images are displayed on the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) screen.
I am not sure if both are the same and assumed that 3D Surround is different than Surround.
From what my C2S does, it seems like the same thing described with different words. I’d need to have someone show me the difference I suppose. My wife’s BMW allows you to remotely access the cameras at any time. Now THAT I’d pay extra for on my 911! Even better, if like her BMW it would capture and save video of any significant jolts to the car. Now THAT can be useful. I had to add Garmin Cameras front and rear to accomplish this feature on my C2S.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:02 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
From what my C2S does, it seems like the same thing described with different words. I’d need to have someone show me the difference I suppose. My wife’s BMW allows you to remotely access the cameras at any time. Now THAT I’d pay extra for on my 911! Even better, if like her BMW it would capture and save video of any significant jolts to the car. Now THAT can be useful. I had to add Garmin Cameras front and rear to accomplish this feature on my C2S.
Can you remotely use a laser pointer to get it to chase the red dot around the garage too while you are gone? Oh wait, that would be a Jag feature.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:06 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,155 Likes on 1,469 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
Sport Chrono is one option you should get even if you don't think you will use it, cars without it get dinged at resale that don't have it. It comes with some added features depending on the 992 model and transmission. Even if you are not "racing" its nice to turn it on and get the firmed up suspension, the dynamic engine mounts and a more aggressive engine map. I'm 66 years old - I use it !
The following 3 users liked this post by drcollie:
detansinn (05-04-2021), Go Bruins (05-06-2021), SBAD (05-05-2021)

Quick Reply: Newbie 2022 992 C2 Questions