Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I picked a color! (f/u to "Build locks in 4 days and I have no clue!")

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021 | 02:17 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Default I picked a color! (f/u to "Build locks in 4 days and I have no clue!")

Thank you everyone for the insight on the previous thread about by exterior color woes. You'll recall that I was deciding between Chalk, GT Silver, and Aventurine Green. Yesterday I went to my dealer and by some stroke of luck, they had all three there. I went in fairly certain that I was going to nix Aventurine and make a choice between Chalk and GT Silver. I stared at 4-5 cars for about 2.5 hours, no joke. Chalk looked nice in the showroom but I couldn't get comfortable with how flat it looked in the sunlight. I saw a $225K Turbo S in Silver and it was beautiful, but to me the Silver just kind of blended in with its surroundings and didn't really stand out. The Aventurine Green cab that had just come off the truck and was being prepped for delivery was the car that I kept coming back to. I absolutely loved how elegant it looked in the sunlight. So, to my surprise, I chose the Aventurine Green!

I also had always assumed that the RS Spyder wheels would be my choice with AG; like I many of you I was smitten by the YouTube video of the AG car that was delivered to a Swiss Rennlist member some time ago. I'm sure that video has resulted in many AG orders The car that I saw on the lot had the Carrera Classics, and they looked amazing, so that's what I spec'ed. With 12 hours left until my build locks, that's *the one* thing I may change in my build, Carrera Classics to RS Spyders. I think I would be happy with both types of wheels but had a bias towards the one I could actually see in person. I hope I can keep a steady hand until my build locks tonight

Here is the spec (but note I am getting a '21 not a '22 as per this config).

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNWWXWI1

Thanks again!
The following 6 users liked this post by 403portside:
Dan Nagy (04-30-2021), detansinn (04-29-2021), KLOC (04-29-2021), SamD (04-29-2021), SF_ (04-29-2021), Tedster (04-29-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-29-2021 | 02:33 PM
bkknight369
Instructor

Beautiful combo, you'll be super happy. I'm a big fan of the Carrera Classic wheels
The following users liked this post:
403portside (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021 | 03:07 PM
SamD
Racer

Great spec. Love the MT. Perhaps consider the vent slats in exterior color. Makes a nice transition from the black roof to the exterior color wing. The extended range tank is also a (relative) bargain . . .
Old 04-29-2021 | 03:07 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Oh "follow up" and I thought it was something else.

Nice build. I think you will be happy with the Classics. They really look great. Funny I was set on the base S or the Turbo wheels at first, not wanting to get the platinum grey Spyder or deal with cleaning them. Then I dropped the Turbo and the base S wheel and went back and forth between the Fuch inspired Exclusives w Satin Black accents which make that wheel really look much better or the Classics. I think the Exclusives are more reserved, and also remind me a of wheel I have on my SUV while the Classics are sportier and look great. I don't think you should change or that you will be disappointed.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3rdpedal:
991.1 Guy (04-29-2021), svkarl (04-30-2021)
Old 04-29-2021 | 03:25 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

I love the look! That's a great color combo. Did you see the truffle brown leather in person? I'm wondering how it looks and feels to the touch.

My only recommendation is to change the Interior Trim Inlay (aluminum) to Interior Trim Inlay in Leather. Check out the difference on the configurator. You get that awesome leather on that ridge below the LCD screen and also by the gear shift drink holder. It also gets rid of the faux weave material that doesn't go so well with the rest of the interior.
Old 04-29-2021 | 03:45 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

I really like the green/truffle/classic look you have. I am debating the truffle/chalk myself under Dolomite but haven't been able to see any of those colors, nor Aventurine. So hard to decide without seeing them in the flesh.
My color debate is between Agate, Dolomite, GT and white lol.

Last edited by 991.1 Guy; 04-29-2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-29-2021 | 04:02 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
I really like the green/truffle/classic look you have. I am debating the truffle/chalk myself under Dolomite but haven't been able to see any of those colors, nor Aventurine. So hard to decide without seeing them in the flesh.
My color debate is between Agate, Dolomite, GT and white lol.
I'm going back and forth with the same thing. I have a 2022 Targa 4 allocation with a 6/2/21 freeze date. Right now, it's Dolomite Silver with Slate Grey full leather interior with chalk stitching. The truffle/chalk interior is looking really great too. But I think that's a better match for the GT Silver than Dolomite.
Old 04-29-2021 | 04:03 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
I'm going back and forth with the same thing. I have a 2022 Targa 4 allocation with a 6/2/21 freeze date. Right now, it's Dolomite Silver with Slate Grey full leather interior with chalk stitching. The truffle/chalk interior is looking really great too. But I think that's a better match for the GT Silver than Dolomite.
The dolomite would also look amazing with a blue top and graphite blue/chalk stiching interior. Exclusive taillights, Classic wheels and black calipers with no colored center caps would complete the look.
Go Bruins (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021 | 04:36 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. G
The dolomite would also look amazing with a blue top and graphite blue/chalk stiching interior. Exclusive taillights, Classic wheels and black calipers with no colored center caps would complete the look.
That would look great! It might be a little too much blue for my tastes, though. I'll pop it in the configurator and check it out.

I also like the midnight blue with the brown truffle interior. Classic and beautiful.

Old 04-29-2021 | 06:08 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

FWIW the Turbo S I saw yesterday at the dealership was Dolomite with Truffle/Chalk with white tach, and so I copied that setup in mine. It’s seems to be a popular config as the white elements offset all of the brown. I also felt that the chalk stitching was subtle and not too bright as to be offensive.

Still stuck on RS vs Classic wheels! Wouldn’t it be great if you could just order a second set at the configurator price?
Old 04-29-2021 | 06:16 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 403portside
FWIW the Turbo S I saw yesterday at the dealership was Dolomite with Truffle/Chalk with white tach, and so I copied that setup in mine. It’s seems to be a popular config as the white elements offset all of the brown. I also felt that the chalk stitching was subtle and not too bright as to be offensive.

Still stuck on RS vs Classic wheels! Wouldn’t it be great if you could just order a second set at the configurator price?
The configurator price is not the price of a specific wheel and tire set, it is the upcharge from an already included set of wheels and tires. So I don't see them doing that.
Old 04-29-2021 | 06:27 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
The configurator price is not the price of a specific wheel and tire set, it is the upcharge from an already included set of wheels and tires. So I don't see them doing that.
I know. I was being facetious
Old 04-29-2021 | 06:30 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

I know. I was being facetious
Noted. Touche. I withdraw my earlier comment.
Old 04-29-2021 | 06:46 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Stick w/ classic wheels. Easier to clean and looks better IMO. Also, make sure you are OK with the white tach as when you turn the car on, the numbers turn white and become hard to read. It's not clear in the configurator but people have complained about this after getting their cars w/ a white tach.
Mikster (04-30-2021)
Old 04-29-2021 | 07:28 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Thank you everyone for the insight on the previous thread about by exterior color woes. You'll recall that I was deciding between Chalk, GT Silver, and Aventurine Green. Yesterday I went to my dealer and by some stroke of luck, they had all three there. I went in fairly certain that I was going to nix Aventurine and make a choice between Chalk and GT Silver. I stared at 4-5 cars for about 2.5 hours, no joke. Chalk looked nice in the showroom but I couldn't get comfortable with how flat it looked in the sunlight. I saw a $225K Turbo S in Silver and it was beautiful, but to me the Silver just kind of blended in with its surroundings and didn't really stand out. The Aventurine Green cab that had just come off the truck and was being prepped for delivery was the car that I kept coming back to. I absolutely loved how elegant it looked in the sunlight. So, to my surprise, I chose the Aventurine Green!

I also had always assumed that the RS Spyder wheels would be my choice with AG; like I many of you I was smitten by the YouTube video of the AG car that was delivered to a Swiss Rennlist member some time ago. I'm sure that video has resulted in many AG orders The car that I saw on the lot had the Carrera Classics, and they looked amazing, so that's what I spec'ed. With 12 hours left until my build locks, that's *the one* thing I may change in my build, Carrera Classics to RS Spyders. I think I would be happy with both types of wheels but had a bias towards the one I could actually see in person. I hope I can keep a steady hand until my build locks tonight

Here is the spec (but note I am getting a '21 not a '22 as per this config).

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNWWXWI1

Thanks again!
My Porsche has the Adventurine Green exterior with the Truffle brown interior and black break calipers.
My only suggestions are the clear package including side lights from amber to clear, and Paldeo Wood trim. The wood
suits the green exterior and the Truffle brown interior better than the aluminum trim, in my opinion.

clear tail lights

Clear side markers

Paldeio Wood

Quick Reply: I picked a color! (f/u to "Build locks in 4 days and I have no clue!")