Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I picked a color! (f/u to "Build locks in 4 days and I have no clue!")

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 09:30 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Originally Posted by 403portside
Thank you everyone for the insight on the previous thread about by exterior color woes. You'll recall that I was deciding between Chalk, GT Silver, and Aventurine Green. Yesterday I went to my dealer and by some stroke of luck, they had all three there. I went in fairly certain that I was going to nix Aventurine and make a choice between Chalk and GT Silver. I stared at 4-5 cars for about 2.5 hours, no joke. Chalk looked nice in the showroom but I couldn't get comfortable with how flat it looked in the sunlight. I saw a $225K Turbo S in Silver and it was beautiful, but to me the Silver just kind of blended in with its surroundings and didn't really stand out. The Aventurine Green cab that had just come off the truck and was being prepped for delivery was the car that I kept coming back to. I absolutely loved how elegant it looked in the sunlight. So, to my surprise, I chose the Aventurine Green!

I also had always assumed that the RS Spyder wheels would be my choice with AG; like I many of you I was smitten by the YouTube video of the AG car that was delivered to a Swiss Rennlist member some time ago. I'm sure that video has resulted in many AG orders The car that I saw on the lot had the Carrera Classics, and they looked amazing, so that's what I spec'ed. With 12 hours left until my build locks, that's *the one* thing I may change in my build, Carrera Classics to RS Spyders. I think I would be happy with both types of wheels but had a bias towards the one I could actually see in person. I hope I can keep a steady hand until my build locks tonight

Here is the spec (but note I am getting a '21 not a '22 as per this config).

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNWWXWI1

Thanks again!
Aventurine Green FTW. Welcome to the club!
Old 04-29-2021, 10:25 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Aventurine Green FTW. Welcome to the club!
Got to admit that the crowning touch is the manual.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:55 AM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Stick w/ classic wheels. Easier to clean and looks better IMO. Also, make sure you are OK with the white tach as when you turn the car on, the numbers turn white and become hard to read. It's not clear in the configurator but people have complained about this after getting their cars w/ a white tach.
Beautiful build. I have the Classics and really appreciate how easy they are to clean. I have Spyders on my Cayenne and cleaning them is by far the worst part of my car maintenance. To me when it comes to wheels, ease of maintenance is neck and neck with appearance.

As to the dials, I have no issue with the numbers turning white and don't get how it would be bothersome, though I do remember a complaint of two by others. However, I'm not sure about having the face color of the tach and chrono be different. To me it's kind of like having a different color for leather on just the passenger seat. Were you to opt for the tach in white, there would at times be a reflection on the windshield. I have it, it doesn't bother me but I can see how it might bother some. That said, I love my white dials though they're in an all black interior, so perhaps a little more key in that setup.
Old 04-30-2021, 04:33 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 444 Posts

Great color combo! I went with classics on my Aventurine/Truffle cab with standard trim and I love it. I debated the Spyders but also thought about ease of cleaning. I have only seen 1 Aventurine coupe when down in Naples but 0 in the Sarasota area. Just saw a Miami Blue 992 today on the highway and there is a Gentian Blue, along with a few black, white, and silver ones around here.

Last edited by Master Deep; 04-30-2021 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:15 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

I agree with the Mafia - the Carrera Classic wheels are nice looking and are the easiest to clean Porsche wheels I've ever had. RS Spyders are great looking wheels but tough to keep clean. I'd have considered them for my 992 if they offered them with the polished face though. Not as big a fan of the current ones.

Quick Reply: I picked a color! (f/u to "Build locks in 4 days and I have no clue!")