Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   New Delivery Delays? (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1248756-new-delivery-delays.html)

Bekim911 05-13-2021 06:46 PM

I am on the RCC classic with a delivery estimate of 5/21 moved UP from 5/28, is there anyone else on the RCC right now?

needmoregarage 05-13-2021 07:26 PM

My GT4 is on RCC Classic. Dealer date is 5/21. I looked at marinetraffic.com yesterday and the date for Baltimore arrival changed from 5/15 to 5/16. The dates are estimates and I’m not too concerned. Hoping it leaves port quickly and that the chip shortage doesn’t create a delay. Time will tell…

Kurac 05-13-2021 08:07 PM

My C2 is on the Rcc Classic. Dealer delivery 5-21. I’m sure that date will change.

DrewTJ50 05-14-2021 12:23 AM

I am on RCC Europe. Dealer date was 6/13 until they updated to reflect my PECLA delivery. Gave me options of 7/14-7/28. Worth the extra month delay? We shall see.

Fingers crossed no additional delay.

politeperson 05-14-2021 04:30 AM

Its amazing how you just never know what is going to happen next in life. The world can change pretty quickly.

It was on the 21st of October 2020 that I paid Porsche the deposit on a new (then un-built) C2. By the 17th of December 2020 I was driving it. 2 months from start to finish.

It has been fantastic over the last 16,000 miles.

Looking back, it just goes to show that its best just to get on with it in life.

Everyone who is having to wait now, has my utmost sympathy, although all I can say is - it will be worth it.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...07b437f553.jpg

needmoregarage 05-14-2021 06:44 AM

^politeperson: what is the color? Beautiful!

politeperson 05-14-2021 06:57 AM

Thanks,
It is Adventurine Green.
Here is me at the Nürburgring. Not in a 992 I am afraid. The old E type was a bit soft for a circuit but fun all the same.
Wonder what the lap time of a C2 like mine is, driven by a proper driver.?
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...1d4cbb652b.jpg

Bekim911 05-14-2021 10:02 AM

RCC -5/21 DELIVERY DATE people lets keep each other updated........

sanford 05-15-2021 02:56 PM

I received a call from my dealer SA yesterday. My C2S Cab is being held in San Diego for TPMS and a Electronic Steering chip. He said the TPMS should be resolved in a week or so.

Here is where I have questions. He said they may install manual steering now and my dealer would install electronic steering at a later date as a recall.

Anyone have a clue what manual steering means?

coastal 05-15-2021 07:24 PM

TYD says my car went into production on Wednesday, does it sit idle on Sunday, and resume production Monday, maybe finishes production Tuesday?
I read they have Saturday shifts, but didn't see anything about Sunday.

sportmode 05-15-2021 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bekim911 (Post 17428600)
I am on the RCC classic with a delivery estimate of 5/21 moved UP from 5/28, is there anyone else on the RCC right now?

My C2S is on the Rcc Classic as well. Let's hope they don't sit at the Baltimore port too long.

YYC992MT 05-15-2021 08:34 PM

TYD in Canada does not update too frequently, the last update was "your car was produced April. I was expecting delivery in late June on the Goodwood but my SA called me today to say my C2S PM7J9H70 is on the train from Halifax to Calgary. Somewhat excited but have to calm down at age 72, a new car delivery is always a joy!

macanspnw 05-15-2021 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by sanford (Post 17432081)
I received a call from my dealer SA yesterday. My C2S Cab is being held in San Diego for TPMS and a Electronic Steering chip. He said the TPMS should be resolved in a week or so.

Here is where I have questions. He said they may install manual steering now and my dealer would install electronic steering at a later date as a recall.

Interesting. My C2S was also on the Viking Queen and dropped in Benicia on May 12. On the 13th, TYD Updated and my ETA at dealer went from 35 days /June 18th to May 14th. My dealer is looking into it. Car is not here and TYD has not update since. I'm assuming if your cab needs TPMS then so does my C2S

mdrobc1213 05-15-2021 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by jamarucci (Post 17421794)
I ordered a Boxster this winter. The car finished production out of Stuttgart on 3/30/21, then waited for 3 weeks to get boarded on a ship that just arrived in Baltimore last week. So, it was looking like the car would get to my dealer today or tomorrow. Today (5/10/21), my dealer called me to tell me the car wouldn’t arrive until June 4th. He mentioned that the arrival date changed over the weekend and that Porsche shipped the car to Baltimore without a control module and because of the chip shortage, it would be another 3-4 weeks with the car sitting in Baltimore waiting for the part before they could send it on. I didn’t make sense to me that Porsche would send a car over not completed. After reading some of the above posts, it sounds like this is exactly what happened.

Originally Posted by Noah Fect (Post 17422091)
Must be frustrating. :( It probably does make sense for them to send the car as far down the road to delivery as possible, though, to (partially) overlap the waits for transportation and chip availability.

Everybody even remotely connected to the business (car or chip) is feeling the pain right now. Everybody except Toyota, who trolled the rest of the auto industry into making a series of unforced errors.

Originally Posted by gcurnew (Post 17422151)
Chip shortage may be more serious than initially thought. Got this letter today from local Ford dealer (test drove an F-150 5 years ago and they'll NEVER let me forget it). Bottom line...no more lot cars, custom order only. This might be Ford Canada only.

The reason for this email is to let you know that Ford has made the incredibly difficult decision to scale back production of vehicles for the 2021 Calendar year. Although they will still be producing vehicles, they will be prioritizing allocation to customers with Retail Orders, as opposed to vehicles for dealerships ‘on the lot’ inventory.

With this in mind, if you are thinking of replacing your current vehicle we recommend placing a Factory Order. Ordering is headache and hassle-free; take advantage of the price and rates when you order, or when your vehicle arrives, whichever payment is better!

Not only will you be given priority production, but you can order exactly what you want and need in a vehicle.

Originally Posted by Tedster (Post 17422201)
Ford, Porsche, and most other car makers and dealers have figured out that pre-sold cars mean less of their money and credit is tied up in profit sapping lot cars. During this shortage many auto makers have reported stopping production of cheaper models to prioritize the most profitable and loaded models. I expect that a 992 Turbo S order will get scarce chips before a base Cayman for example. Also most dealers are not offering discounts on scarce models, which is almost everything This is supercharging their profits after a tough twelve months. They will not forget this after the shortage is over, which could take two or more years per the latest WSJ reporting.

Yes current projections are this will continue thru Q3 and Q4 2021 in so far as the chip shortages. Who knows what is next up though. Globally supply and production have been severely affected in many things for 12+ mos so don't expect any to snap back soon or quickly. US is doing better than most countries but agree projections for worldwide transport and logistics say normalization won't occur till late 2022 or even 2023/2024 for goods and services to pre-Covid levels likely. Buckle up....

Originally Posted by sanford (Post 17432081)

Hmm..you you have the electronic assisted steering option? That could be it otherwise assume means car would have normal steering as other 992s. As for TPMS it can run without and maybe they program the car to ignore fault codes temporarily it would throw due to no electronic link up between sensors (missing) and control module chips that may be uninstalled. Many manufacturers are doing similar...producing cars with missing parts and shipping them just to keep the production lines going and also flow of materials/supplies as COVID19 has shown that with just in time production when things are haulted like was done last Spring it kills timetables and scheduling and makes everything down stream much more difficult when restarted. Good luck.

​​​​​​

BillyX 05-16-2021 10:35 AM

My C4S was to begin production on 5/19, but TYD now says it already began on 5/12. Sounds like a ray of sunshine. All other dates, including production completion at 2 weeks and delivery remain unchanged. Based on all the discussion about chip shortages, I trust that all of the TYD dates will continue to be subject to adjustment.