Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build locks in 4 days and I have no clue!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 01:38 AM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 110 Posts

One of the builds I've been obsessed with (in consideration of Chalk) is this one. This is a picture on Instagram. It looks to be Chalk with Truffle Brown, SD package, and maybe gloss or jet black Carrera S wheels? I don't know if it's the angle of the picture or the combo itself, but it just looks amazing to me.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:28 AM
o4co
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

Nothing against the classic and basic colors - GR, silver, white, black, etc. My trouble is that you can look at any parking lot in any city at any time and it is full of these colors. I havent developed yet to the skittles colors on this kind of car - although python green is getting there - so I would probably lean towards AG or Chalk. But what do I know. Whatever color makes you turn back around and look at it as you walk away, or go out in the garage to look at it for no other reason is the one to get. Suggestion above to look at the actual colors will make up your mind. I have been known to meander around at the local dealer on Sunday mornings at all the cars on the lot and in for service - every week has a new crop. Alot of these colors are not necessarily specific to the 911 either

Amazon green is a very cool color
Old 04-27-2021, 10:35 AM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 786 Posts

IMO truffle works best with the following exterior colors (in order):
1) Black
2) Red
3) White

The following users liked this post:
SBAD (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 12:00 PM
Daft Chief
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 403portside
One of the builds I've been obsessed with (in consideration of Chalk) is this one. This is a picture on Instagram. It looks to be Chalk with Truffle Brown, SD package, and maybe gloss or jet black Carrera S wheels? I don't know if it's the angle of the picture or the combo itself, but it just looks amazing to me.
Idk, if looks good to you don’t try to understand or justify it. I think that chalk on black with a truffle interior would be knock out and relatively unique. Everything I’ve read on this site says to avoid black wheels and pick up the platinum satin ones for brake dust and visual effect of disappearing… I was looking at a near similar build with the Green interior leather for the vintage-ness of it but ultimates decided on Sport-Tex, which drove the rest of the build sheet.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:06 PM
macanspnw
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 403portside
Well, at least when it comes to exterior color and wheels

Everything else I know I'm getting:
C4S Manual coupe
Truffle Brown leather
Premium package
Sport package
Glass roof
Porsche headcrests
14s or 18s.

Color choice is driving me nuts. Intrigued by Aventurine, but not sure if I can stay in love with how green it is in the sunlight. GT Silver is classy but I'm worried I'm playing it safe. Chalk looks nice to me sometimes, other times not.

Never had so much trouble finalizing a car build!

I know it's a Champagne problem, but thanks for listening!

I ended up with GT Silver with Sport tex interior. I think GT with Truffle would look gorgeous. I debated between Bordeaux/black and sported for weeks but ultimately went with Sporttex b/c I wanted a more retro look to the car. I also almost went with Chalk exterior. Both are drop dead gorgeous to me. At the end of the day I went with GT silver b/c I live in a high rise condo and I think the GT will be easier to keep clean and will show less dirt between washes . There are no wrong answers. Go with your gut. My car is somewhere in the Atlantic on its way to San Diego. Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
403portside (04-27-2021)

Quick Reply: Build locks in 4 days and I have no clue!