Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 landed at dealer and living there for 2 weeks...when to add to car insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 12:11 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
I just can't imaging why anyone would voluntarily leave a new car at the dealership for two weeks.
That's cool.

The dealer offered me an opportunity to store it indoors until PPF on May 11th. If I didn't have to drive the car before PPF, I was going to take that option. The only way home from the dealer is the interstate or a backroad that is under construction and in bad shape. Just trying to look out for a new purchase and avoid rock chips before it gets protected, if at all possible.

If you think that sounds stupid, fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:11 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
I'd drive it home. They're going to do paint correction anyway before putting on the PPF. At least, at home, you can stare at it if you're afraid of driving it. You've already waited long enough for the car.
Getting past your fear of something happening to it and just going out to enjoy it -- that's a great place to be. One of my takeaways from the pandemic is that life is too short for to worry about some of this stuff. In two weeks, you could experience a heart attack or stroke -- and miss the experience.
I hear you, I actually might just go get it tonight.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (04-26-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 landed at dealer and living there for 2 weeks...when to add to car insurance?