Sponsored by:

2022 Dates

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 06:52 PM
CPS992
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 152 Posts
Default 2022 Dates

So I’m new to the dealer group I’m going order my C4S from and have no history with them - so wanted to run this past the forum....

Dealer said they *should* get an allocation for a ‘22 C4S in the middle of May for an August/Sept delivery and I’m first in line. Obviously no way to confirm that, but is that plausible? Are others seeing C4S ‘22 allocations becoming available?

I’m in the north and taking delivery in late fall/early winter makes no sense for me - I’ll just go with the ‘21 build another dealer is offering for a July date.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:58 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by CPS992
So I’m new to the dealer group I’m going order my C4S from and have no history with them - so wanted to run this past the forum....

Dealer said they *should* get an allocation for a ‘22 C4S in the middle of May for an August/Sept delivery and I’m first in line. Obviously no way to confirm that, but is that plausible? Are others seeing C4S ‘22 allocations becoming available?

I’m in the north and taking delivery in late fall/early winter makes no sense for me - I’ll just go with the ‘21 build another dealer is offering for a July date.
Surprised to see there are 21 allocations with July deliveries still to be had. Find out what the freeze date would be on the build as that may give you almost no time to lock in your spec. My June delivery locked in mid-March over a month ago and began production on Tuesday of this week. Due on 6/18. So a July delivery is going to lock very soon. July is the end of the model year and the 22s will be delivered in August/Sept and allocations are already coming out and a May allocation for their next round makes sense.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:02 PM
CPS992
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Surprised to see there are 21 allocations with July deliveries still to be had. Find out what the freeze date would be on the build as that may give you almost no time to lock in your spec. My June delivery locked in mid-March over a month ago and began production on Tuesday of this week. Due on 6/18. So a July delivery is going to lock very soon. July is the end of the model year and the 22s will be delivered in August/Sept and allocations are already coming out and a May allocation for their next round makes sense.
Freezes on Monday - so you’re right, very soon. If May slots -> Aug/Sept delivery are possible (and my dealer isn’t fibbing me to get me to commit to something that’s not certain as of yet) I’ll just wait the extra month to pick up the MY and few upgrades. Just don’t want to be lied to and take delivery with snow on the ground and have it garaged for 5 months. That would be torture.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:14 PM
RedTide
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I hope this is true. I placed a deposit at the end of Jan for a C4S, and am still waiting for an allocation, on what I was told will be a MY22 at this point.
Like you, no prior history with this dealer and my first Porsche.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:38 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 954 Posts

Freezes on Monday - so you’re right, very soon. If May slots -> Aug/Sept delivery are possible (and my dealer isn’t fibbing me to get me to commit to something that’s not certain as of yet) I’ll just wait the extra month to pick up the MY and few upgrades. Just don’t want to be lied to and take delivery with snow on the ground and have it garaged for 5 months. That would be torture.
The only thing I would warn is that the 21 -> 22 changes look like they are not all that.

2022 brings OTA updates to the PCM, a faster PCM boot and some other PCM related upgrades. I would check all those out, there is a video in this forum on the changes. It also only gives you CarPlay for 3 years or lifetime at a ($360 upgrade cost) and I think the base price went up $2000.

So if the changes that are coming are important and you are ok with the cost increase, then the 2022. It does give you time.
I would not want to finalize my build that quickly, unless you already are locked in on your build.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:48 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 256 Posts

My order has gone in this week, for 2022 Targa 4. It's a mid-May freeze date, June build, with late August/early September delivery at PEC Los Angeles.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:55 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

I was going to order a Targa last summer, but my dealer in PA had a hard time getting an allocation. When they finally got one, I was in the throes of renovating my California house and planning our move to the west coast. At that point, I decided to put the brakes on the new car search (pun intended). The PA dealer called me a few weeks ago and said they had allocations for a '21 base coupe for July delivery and a '22 4S couple for September delivery. I ultimately decided I wasn't ready for a PDK and ordered the 4S. Sounds pretty similar to your situation, but my dealer actually had the allocation for the '22.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:57 PM
coastal
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

TYD shows July 9 delivery and its being built mid May. MY2021. Froze last weekend.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:01 PM
AlanZZZ
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Two weeks ago, I took a ‘21 allocation with less than a week before the freeze date and I had been playing with the configs for a month. So if you don’t want to wait for the uncertainty and know what your build will be, take the ‘21 and enjoy the summer ride.
Old 04-23-2021, 06:02 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
That’s interesting - my scheduled June 23 delivery still has another 6 days before locking. It’s for a C2S. There seems to be no consistency in the process, unless it depends on the model...

Quick Reply: 2022 Dates