Sponsored by:

Lock date in 1 week, have question on tex seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 11:29 PM
audimotion
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Lock date in 1 week, have question on tex seats

My issue is that I've not seen or felt the sport tex seating. My build will be 992 S manual, JMB w/Sprt tex seats and chalk stitch, glass roof and RS Spyder wheels. Im thinking the tex seats will lighten up the interior and I find them interesting...in a good way.
My question is, do owners of tex seats like them, love them, or regret them? Any insight would be much appreciated. My build locks in and week and this is one item I'm undecided on.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:33 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by audimotion
My issue is that I've not seen or felt the sport tex seating. My build will be 992 S manual, JMB w/Sprt tex seats and chalk stitch, glass roof and RS Spyder wheels. Im thinking the tex seats will lighten up the interior and I find them interesting...in a good way.
My question is, do owners of tex seats like them, love them, or regret them? Any insight would be much appreciated. My build locks in and week and this is one item I'm undecided on.
They will lighten up the interior. Owners seem to like them. Durable, stable across temps, comfortable.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1178...s-in-here.html

That’s one link with opinions, search Here and you’ll find more.

Also, I’ve seen them and sat in them briefly. High-quality material.
The following users liked this post:
coastal (04-14-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 12:52 AM
aquatone
Instructor

Received 170 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by audimotion
1-month in on my new C4S... I absolutely love Sports Tex! They are extremely comfortable, the weave texture allows natural ventilation, and the pattern really breaks up a black interior which often looks gray in photos like mine below. In real life, the fine weave pattern is much darker, quite striking and distinctive, and the material hard-wearing.

Last edited by aquatone; 04-15-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:19 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,952 Likes on 5,210 Posts

I personally don't like sportex.

You have to go see and sit it in person for yourself.

Don't believe pictures or what others say.

This is a personal decision.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:59 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,408 Likes on 1,490 Posts

I’ve had leather many times over. Since making the switch to sport-tex, I’ll honestly never go back. Aside from it being harder wearing & breathable. It’s best attribute is how well it keeps you from sliding around.

The following users liked this post:
jorgecar (04-15-2021)

Quick Reply: Lock date in 1 week, have question on tex seats