Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSE worth the price difference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021 | 06:31 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phaser
You will find a significant portion of the 911 world is not satisfied with the sound level of the PSE system. There should be an aggressive(track) setting as part of the PSE as there is with many other sports/performance cars. You should have this choice, keep it in quiet if that is what you prefer to sound like an Asian grocery getter, YUK.
Louder is BETTER for many of us here.
Sure, if you say so.
Old 04-14-2021 | 07:46 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Originally Posted by Jimpa225
As for the comments that non PSE on a 992 is as quiet as a Lexus or a Camry, I assume few people here are fooled by comments like that. Utter nonsense.
Anyone that says this has not driven a non-PSE 992 at WOT nor even started one in their garage. You can configure a 992 to be a luxurious GT car or a stripped down racer--one that chooses the former is certainly no less of a "meat eater" or testosterone deprived. Some people just choose to be less of a spectacle.
Old 04-14-2021 | 09:06 PM
Kurac
Racer

Amazing how some guys buy a high performance sports car like the 911 and then look for it to be Lexus quiet and dress it up with a bunch of buttery soft interior appointments that rival a Chanel purse.
Time for testosterone replacement therapy.
This car won’t ever sound like my sold GT350R no matter what you do to it. If it doesn’t add any HP, some will find it hard to justify spending that kind of money when they know how pick up a wrench.

And TRT? LOL. That made laugh out loud. I’m pretty sure you’d be left crippled after one of my lifting sessions.

The following 2 users liked this post by Kurac:
phila12180 (04-14-2021), pkalhan (12-22-2022)
Old 04-14-2021 | 09:42 PM
SBAD
Pro

Originally Posted by Kurac
This car won’t ever sound like my sold GT350R no matter what you do to it. If it doesn’t add any HP, some will find it hard to justify spending that kind of money when they know how pick up a wrench.

And TRT? LOL. That made laugh out loud. I’m pretty sure you’d be left crippled after one of my lifting sessions.
So what’s next, now you two gonna compare ***** length? This isn’t high school.
The following users liked this post:
Tupper (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021 | 03:59 PM
twin_turbo
Intermediate

If you're leasing it only costs about $1500, the rest is residualized into the lease. If you are buying the car the decision is a little more difficult. I was not going to get PSE and then I test drove 2 cars, one with and one without. The non-PSE car sounded very muted IMHO, down shift sounds are almost non-existent.
Old 04-15-2021 | 04:12 PM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

Originally Posted by twin_turbo
If you're leasing it only costs about $1500, the rest is residualized into the lease. If you are buying the car the decision is a little more difficult. I was not going to get PSE and then I test drove 2 cars, one with and one without. The non-PSE car sounded very muted IMHO, down shift sounds are almost non-existent.
Did you by any chance get to drive both in sports mode? I’m trying to figure out in a non PSE when you press sport if you hear an idling difference from the valves opening up. My issue with adding the PSE now just comes down to how much I wanted to put in options.

The MY22 has a price increase as well of $2k over MY21 which I am trying to mitigate. If PSE is that good I may have to just select the options I need from the Premium Package.
Old 04-15-2021 | 04:51 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Originally Posted by twin_turbo
I find the downshift auto-blips in Sport mode very pronounced with the standard exhaust.
kimbersm (04-16-2021)
Old 04-15-2021 | 05:46 PM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
I find the downshift auto-blips in Sport mode very pronounced with the standard exhaust.
That is good to hear. I typically only drive in sports mode, and also shift manually. Love the sound of the pdk downshifts.
Old 04-15-2021 | 05:48 PM
twin_turbo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by voyagez.fr
Did you by any chance get to drive both in sports mode? I’m trying to figure out in a non PSE when you press sport if you hear an idling difference from the valves opening up. My issue with adding the PSE now just comes down to how much I wanted to put in options.

The MY22 has a price increase as well of $2k over MY21 which I am trying to mitigate. If PSE is that good I may have to just select the options I need from the Premium Package.
Yes sir I did. Didn't notice a difference in idle, just mainly with the down shift blips. I am one of guys that likes to hear their car though. I have never driven my car in any mode but sport or sport plus. I think the car is too subdued even with PSE, but that's me. I'm sure this has already been suggested above, but you could skip it and get the other options you want and go with sport cats down the road if it's too quiet for you.
Old 04-15-2021 | 06:32 PM
phaser
Banned

Crippled? I seriously doubt that as I have been weight/resistance training for 37 years.
Old 04-15-2021 | 07:00 PM
Kurac
Racer

Crippled? I seriously doubt that as I have been weight/resistance training for 37 years.
So then I’ll guess you’re in your 50’s.
Working sets with 275lb barbell rows and 500lb rack pulls will definitely cripple you. Shoot, I felt like I crippled myself the morning after. LOL
And no TRT here.
Old 04-15-2021 | 08:58 PM
phaser
Banned

So then I’ll guess you’re in your 50’s.
Working sets with 275lb barbell rows and 500lb rack pulls will definitely cripple you. Shoot, I felt like I crippled myself the morning after. LOL
And no TRT here.
I wouldn't use that much weight even if I were able. All the best to you, be careful Man.
Kurac (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021 | 09:01 PM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

Weight lifting should be about health and fitness and also building an awesome physique. Doesn’t matter what your max lifts are, unless your into powerlifting and trying to be strong man. Can lift as heavy as you want but doesn’t matter if your form and actual physique doesn’t show for it. On a side note let’s try to stay on topic here which is about PSE.
Old 04-16-2021 | 01:04 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

People are so weird here.
The following 4 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
540gone (04-16-2021), aggie57 (04-16-2021), barrett (03-18-2022), pkalhan (12-22-2022)
Old 04-16-2021 | 02:34 PM
phaser
Banned

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
People are so weird here.
Really? Is there something wrong with weight training?

Quick Reply: PSE worth the price difference?