Sponsored by:

Best aftermarket carbon/DB Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 11:30 PM
GTS21
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Best aftermarket carbon/DB Carbon

I'm close to my build locking on a TTS cab, and looking for best aftermarket carbon options.

I've specced the factory carbon mirrors, and was hoping to coordinate with aftermarket carbon rear side air intakes and maybe a rear diffuser/wing

I've seen some great pictures of DB Carbon products here and there on this forum.

*Can anyone comment on the DB Carbon products, specifically in regard to how it matches the factory carbon?

Thanks

Last edited by GTS21; 04-08-2021 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-08-2021, 12:14 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

I have used DB for many parts in different 911’s always satisfied with the superior quality and spot on with OEM.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:36 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 838 Likes on 418 Posts

MA Carbon is very good but they are expensive.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:30 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS21
I'm close to my build locking on a TTS cab, and looking for best aftermarket carbon options.

I've specced the factory carbon mirrors, and was hoping to coordinate with aftermarket carbon rear side air intakes and maybe a rear diffuser/wing

I've seen some great pictures of DB Carbon products here and there on this forum.

*Can anyone comment on the DB Carbon products, specifically in regard to how it matches the factory carbon?

Thanks
The OEM and DB Carbon parts are installed next to each other by my MT and they match perfectly. I’ve posted them here before and they are using my installation photo on their website to show the perfect match. No worries with DB Carbon.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:02 PM
BlitzedTT
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 82 Posts

WOW - is all I can say about DB Carbon thus far.

My car isn't here yet, but I just received my DB Carbon order today.

The quality/craftsmanship is perfect.

I was thinking about ordering the OEM Carbon Fiber steering wheel trim with my build, but could not get over the fact that the ring surrounding the airbag is NOT carbon fiber!
Luckily DB Carbon was able to duplicate the GT trim (I personally like the screws) with the center ring now in carbon!

Daniel at DB also sent me a few parts to test and I look forward to reviewing them in this forum in a few weeks!

Old 04-09-2021, 08:43 AM
Farmlyf
Instructor

Received 196 Likes on 60 Posts
Default DB carbon 👌

Shift paddles, air bag surround, drive selector as well as the steering wheel trim all match the OEM Carbon finish perfectly.

DB Carbon is the real deal... can’t go wrong here guys.

In terms of the install...

This not to be attempted without the right size ***** as your going to hear things crack 😅

the results speak for themselves though.

Last edited by Farmlyf; 04-09-2021 at 07:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RolandT (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 04:28 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

I'm looking at those steering wheel rings and I realize - that's not real carbon fiber, but rather it's somehow printed. Correct? Is the factory carbon trim also just printed, or is it real carbon fiber veneer?
Old 04-09-2021, 05:02 PM
BlitzedTT
Racer

Originally Posted by SBAD
I'm looking at those steering wheel rings and I realize - that's not real carbon fiber, but rather it's somehow printed. Correct? Is the factory carbon trim also just printed, or is it real carbon fiber veneer?
The interior Matte Carbon Fiber does not photograph well - definitely not printed - this is the real deal.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:13 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by BlitzedTT
The interior Matte Carbon Fiber does not photograph well - definitely not printed - this is the real deal.
the reason I ask is that the inside of the steering ring has no pattern at all, is uniformly black and has molding marks that would be difficult to do in CF. The other parts, I can’t tell one way or the other, but believe you.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:20 PM
BlitzedTT
Racer

Originally Posted by SBAD
the reason I ask is that the inside of the steering ring has no pattern at all, is uniformly black and has molding marks that would be difficult to do in CF. The other parts, I can’t tell one way or the other, but believe you.
Ah gotcha - so what I believe Daniel and team does for some of the replacement parts is to take the stock parts, sand them down/prep then, and then overlay carbon fiber weave and then coat them.
Purely cosmetic. We're not trying to save weight here

Making a new mold would probably not enable the exact fitment that covering stock parts get you.

So yes, it is a "veneer", but it is not printed or a water transfer or 3M vinyl like the fake stuff out there.

The following users liked this post:
SBAD (04-12-2021)
Old 07-02-2022, 07:53 PM
Travissy
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS21

Thanks
Hey!
can confirm that DB carbon makes amazing parts!! Way more affordable than tech art and quality is superb. I recently made a video on their parts
Old 07-02-2022, 10:47 PM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 268 Posts

I'll also vouch for DB Carbon's quality and OEM carbon match (for interior parts, at least). I have his shifter surround pieces installed immediately up against the factory carbon trim and they are indistinguishable unless you knew they were different sources and you REALLY studied them in just the right light. Nobody would ever question whether they came from the factory.

The following 2 users liked this post by brianja:
Master Deep (07-02-2022), mdrobc1213 (07-05-2022)

Quick Reply: Best aftermarket carbon/DB Carbon