Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Track Your Dream

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021 | 02:33 PM
JustGettingMilk
Advanced

Default Porsche Track Your Dream

Tried searching forums for answer. My car was ordered a month ago and I still haven't received link from Porsche. How long does this typically take?
Old 04-05-2021 | 02:52 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustGettingMilk
Tried searching forums for answer. My car was ordered a month ago and I still haven't received link from Porsche. How long does this typically take?
Go to your My Porsche page. You can access it from there.
Old 04-05-2021 | 03:00 PM
4 Rings
Racer

Let me speak from experience, if you go to your my.porsche.com account and don't see it. Call the 1800-Porsche number. They will possibly play dumb about what you are asking, I got tossed around a few times. Tell them what you just posted above. Tell them you are looking for your link, they will validate your information(commission number) and make sure your info matches what they should have and ask them to submit another link to the TYD program as you have not gotten one. If you are able to get that done from there you should have a link emailed to you and go back into your my.porsche.com account should now show up(mine happened within 24 hrs after i called).

Last edited by 4 Rings; 04-05-2021 at 03:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
macanspnw (04-06-2021)
Old 04-05-2021 | 03:16 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Call your Porsche dealer and get the vehicle added to your MyPorsche login. If the vehicle hasnt entered production yet, and a VIN number assigned, you won't be able to see it in TYD.
Old 04-05-2021 | 03:31 PM
JustGettingMilk
Advanced

thank you all. very helpful
Old 04-05-2021 | 04:05 PM
o4co
Advanced

I received the email invite within a day or so of the order being entered by SA

Dealer advised of an allocation in early March, I confirmed I am interested, sent latest build to SA, finalized pricing and docusigned paperwork. I sent in the deposit to the out of state dealer. I gave him a couple days and asked if he had any questions, said no, order was already entered. I then asked for the commission number - he provided it including a screenshot with other pertinent details. In the meantime I received an email from Porsche to sign up for TYD. Then let SA know I received the email and signed up. Been able to watch the dates change - moved up approx 1 week which SA would likely happen. Everything like clockwork up to this point

Build lock date coming up and I can see all the other projected dates in the steps of the process until dealer delivery
Old 04-05-2021 | 06:23 PM
SFAVGUY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by o4co
I received the email invite within a day or so of the order being entered by SA

Dealer advised of an allocation in early March, I confirmed I am interested, sent latest build to SA, finalized pricing and docusigned paperwork. I sent in the deposit to the out of state dealer. I gave him a couple days and asked if he had any questions, said no, order was already entered. I then asked for the commission number - he provided it including a screenshot with other pertinent details. In the meantime I received an email from Porsche to sign up for TYD. Then let SA know I received the email and signed up. Been able to watch the dates change - moved up approx 1 week which SA would likely happen. Everything like clockwork up to this point

Build lock date coming up and I can see all the other projected dates in the steps of the process until dealer delivery

I had pretty much the same experience, the second time. The first dealer never placed my order, told me they had but just strung me along for a couple months, my guess was trying to find an allocation.

Then I talked to my current dealer, he explained that if they actually had an allocation you should get your email from Porsche within 48 hours, I switched to them and all was as he said, got my email right away.

Then I waited over 2 months to get my 5k back from the original dealer.
Old 04-05-2021 | 08:49 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
Call your Porsche dealer and get the vehicle added to your MyPorsche login. If the vehicle hasnt entered production yet, and a VIN number assigned, you won't be able to see it in TYD.
wrong
Old 04-05-2021 | 09:08 PM
JustGettingMilk
Advanced

I emailed Porsche NA directly through the Porsche website with my commission number and My Porsche ID (email address) inquiring about TYD (track your dream) link. They returned my email within an hour and a few minutes later sent me the link. Mid July delivery still on track....
Old 04-06-2021 | 01:00 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

I had an email 30 minutes after emailing my paperwork and deposit to the dealer. I suspect, if you don't get the link/email - they did not put your email address in with the order. I was VERY surprised to see the email so fast.

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
I actually had mine before the car even froze. The scary part was watching the freeze date bounce around - +7 days. - 7 days, was a touch scary as I tried to figure out if I had the build the way I wanted. Dealer even called me 24 hours out and said "last chance"

The best part however is when my.porsche.com updates with a picture of your car off the production line...
Old 04-06-2021 | 04:44 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doug_999
I had an email 30 minutes after emailing my paperwork and deposit to the dealer. I suspect, if you don't get the link/email - they did not put your email address in with the order. I was VERY surprised to see the email so fast.

I actually had mine before the car even froze. The scary part was watching the freeze date bounce around - +7 days. - 7 days, was a touch scary as I tried to figure out if I had the build the way I wanted. Dealer even called me 24 hours out and said "last chance"

The best part however is when my.porsche.com updates with a picture of your car off the production line...
Doug- do they send you a notice re: the pics on the production line, or do they pop up when you go to TYD?
Old 04-06-2021 | 06:00 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

For what it's worth my order was placed with PCNA on January 6th 2020, I got my TYD email January 9th and the link worked from that point. The car didn't enter production till March 18th. So no, you don't need a VIN allocated before the TYD thing happens.

Schwarz992C4S (02-04-2023)
Old 04-06-2021 | 07:17 PM
macanspnw
Instructor

Originally Posted by 4 Rings
Let me speak from experience, if you go to your my.porsche.com account and don't see it. Call the 1800-Porsche number. They will possibly play dumb about what you are asking, I got tossed around a few times. Tell them what you just posted above. Tell them you are looking for your link, they will validate your information(commission number) and make sure your info matches what they should have and ask them to submit another link to the TYD program as you have not gotten one. If you are able to get that done from there you should have a link emailed to you and go back into your my.porsche.com account should now show up(mine happened within 24 hrs after i called).
This . I went through pretty much this same scenario a few days ago. Called the 800 number, got someone playing dumb who said they would see what they could do and a few hours later I got a few emails with updates and now Track your dream has my car.
Old 04-06-2021 | 08:44 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Domer911
Doug- do they send you a notice re: the pics on the production line, or do they pop up when you go to TYD?
go to my.Porsche.com
click on Discover current phase (not TYD)
pic appears there.

no notice and I had not been checking there - so nice surprise

let me know if you need more help.
dgtarga (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021 | 08:52 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Originally Posted by JustGettingMilk
I received the link 2 weeks after putting in my order

Quick Reply: Porsche Track Your Dream