Sponsored by:

My almost 3 month review of my C2 and options I chose

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 11:44 PM
mrcarlo
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool

Great review! Like you, I'm thoroughly loving my own C2. It may not be an S, but it is a true speed demon!
Old 03-21-2021, 01:01 PM
Chairman Pang
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Extended fuel tank - Double thumbs up. My model was off the floor and questioned why I would need it....probably the best obvious, non-obvious option to have!

SC (aka the nipple, my wife calls it) - feels like Sports plus tightens up the suspension. Am I confused? Is this placebo? i feel like I get to my end location faster

That said, haven't used the SC button yet aside from the times my wife just pressed it for fun when i least expect it....

Old 03-21-2021, 07:52 PM
Kats
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I’m curious as to your thoughts on the base stereo. I haven’t really heard or read anything about it. Only Bose vs Berm.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:15 PM
por356
Racer

Received 390 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Kats
I’m curious as to your thoughts on the base stereo. I haven’t really heard or read anything about it. Only Bose vs Berm.
The base system has gotten very poor reviews here. Do some searches on this forum and you'll find lots of info on the base, Bose and Burmeister......
Old 03-21-2021, 09:40 PM
Kats
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I think I’d still like Craig’s perspective as he comes at it from a perspective that I appreciate. I think it would probably complete his review nicely since there was so much other detail.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:20 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 500 Likes on 221 Posts

I think I’d still like Craig’s perspective as he comes at it from a perspective that I appreciate. I think it would probably complete his review nicely since there was so much other detail.
@Kats I think it depends on how much you enjoy your music and what kind of driving you do.

I am not an audiophile but I like a little background music (still stuck in the 80's through 90's). When I drive I concentrate immensely and am attuned to the traffic, my glorious engine and just the driving experience and so the music is purely a background phenomenon and so the base was more more more than enough.

If however I was an audiophile that had long turnpike drives with less intense driving I might feel differently but for me the base system more than meets my needs
Old 03-23-2021, 05:30 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

Wasn’t asked but I’ll chime in. My C2S is 10 days old, love every option and don’t need anything else..............but,
boy, is the base audio bad? How bad?
Compared to wife’s Tesla, its a turd.
Compared to my Volvo’s Harmon, its transistor radio.

I listen to Pandora in the background but I regret not upgrading.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:51 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,830 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheObsessed
Wasn’t asked but I’ll chime in. My C2S is 10 days old, love every option and don’t need anything else..............but,
boy, is the base audio bad? How bad?
Compared to wife’s Tesla, its a turd.
Compared to my Volvo’s Harmon, its transistor radio.

I listen to Pandora in the background but I regret not upgrading.
My 18 R Design XC90 has a $3k 22 speaker Bowers and Wilkin system that is fantastic. But for my C2S build I went Bose. The Volvo came with that system. Not sure I would have optioned it but glad I have it. The C2S I couldn't justify the Burmester and most on here say it isn't worth it over the Bose at that price and in such a noisy car. But I would not go with the base system.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:19 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 500 Likes on 221 Posts

So just to round out this thread. I did get to change over from my 19/20 winters to 20/21 summers. As a recap I got 20/21's as I could not get comfortable with the 19/20 look. My car was given to me with my winter 19/20's on and so I had not actually seen my car in summer 20/21 shoes.
That said when I got the car I had no issue with the 19/20's and did not even notice the larger spaces in the wheel wells that drove me crazy when spec'ing the car.

Now I have changed over to my summers ( 1 hour for all 4 wheels) and although I was comfortable with the 19/20 look I do prefer the 20/21 look. Was it worth the extra 1.7K? -probably not...

As to the drive, I am running unloaded performance pressures and there is a little more harshness to the drive but not nearly enough that it is an issue and given that I truly enjoy my spirited drives and I did after all buy a sports car I am totally fine with the marginal difference, Also that difference might also in part be related to the fact that the smaller wheel was also dressed in a winter tire.

Also of interest I know the size of the 19/20 is often discussed compared with the 20/21 and granted this is totally unscientific but when changing the wheels I use a cardboard disk under the wheels to slide them on and off (less taxing on my. back) and when I put on my 20/21's I had to use two discs to raise the 20/21's to the same level as the 19/20 (about a 5mm difference)
Old 04-04-2021, 02:39 AM
AlanZZZ
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Great post! Wanted a C2S but couldn't get an allocation. Much glad to order a C2 after seeing this post.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:03 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

I would have ordered the base C2 if it had the manual transmission option and your review only confirms it. I live in NJ too and agree about open air driving - its nice for about an hour and then I want refuge from the UV, humidity and heat. So I compromised with a steel sunroof. Car comes June 23 and can't wait for my first drive to the Shore...

Quick Reply: My almost 3 month review of my C2 and options I chose