Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono and Tac color for GT Silver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 12:40 AM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
When the subject of white dials comes up here it's like a confirmation bias-fest. I have the white dials. It truly lifts a black interior and adds sportiness. No reflection or readability issues here, nor have I inhaled fatal toxic fumes emanating from the dials.
I don’t have the car in-hand yet, so not sure how strong my confirmation bias can really be on this matter...I’m just letting the OP know what I optioned and why.

For what it’s worth, I love the look of white or red dials on a silver 992. I’d heard it might reflect in the windshield from other owners, so I erred on the side of caution and skipped the option. I don’t regret it, but I would still look at an interior with white dials and say, “Damn, that looks good.”
Old 03-18-2021, 09:12 AM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Harris27
I think the white tach is a great idea. Regardless of reflection on the sport chrono, I still would have gone with white because it looks great on the black interior. But yes, there is a reflection on the chrono.
I wasn't proffering others' opinions only my own but it doesn't change the obvious confirmation bias by those who've not seen it. To me the reflection thing is beyond nitpicking.
Originally Posted by Marantz2270
I don’t have the car in-hand yet, so not sure how strong my confirmation bias can really be on this matter...I’m just letting the OP know what I optioned and why.

For what it’s worth, I love the look of white or red dials on a silver 992. I’d heard it might reflect in the windshield from other owners, so I erred on the side of caution and skipped the option. I don’t regret it, but I would still look at an interior with white dials and say, “Damn, that looks good.”
​​​​​​But you were on the fence and decided against it. Nicely illustrated.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:43 PM
Harris27
Advanced

Received 68 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Pics about “reflections”

90% of the time you won’t notice it, but certain shades of sun, you will see the reflection. Doesn’t bother me, but it is there.

Some times..

Majority of the time
Old 03-19-2021, 03:28 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

I don't think we have overpasses like that here so I'll have to defer.

But what about the vents? Look at that! I'm sorry I got vents!
The following users liked this post:
Harris27 (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 03:44 PM
Harris27
Advanced

Received 68 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't think we have overpasses like that here so I'll have to defer.

But what about the vents? Look at that! I'm sorry I got vents!

I'm sorry i got the steering wheel too. Should have done the steering wheel delete lol
Russian Mafia (03-19-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 12:19 AM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

I wasn't proffering others' opinions only my own but it doesn't change the obvious confirmation bias by those who've not seen it. To me the reflection thing is beyond nitpicking.

​​​​​​But you were on the fence and decided against it. Nicely illustrated.
You know, I realized I needed to do a refresher on the definition of confirmation bias, and I am glad I took the time! According to Wiki:

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

So I'll clarify...here are my beliefs and values on the subject of a white tach and chrono: The white tach and chrono look awesome, I think the combo especially adds great character to a black interior. I think it is a beatiful choice, and looks cooler to me than black dials (which I ordered). I had HEARD that it reflected in some owner's wind shields, so...on faith...I left the white dials off because I VALUED (I guess?!) not having on object on the dash potentially reflecting in my field of vision in a manner that I may find distracting. I couldn't know if it was a nit-picky decision at the time, I just decided to leave it out...and you know what, maybe it wouldn't have been a problem! Maybe I'll really regret not making the choice at some point during ownership (as I am sure will happen with other options).
Russian Mafia (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 11:05 AM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Marantz2270
You know, I realized I needed to do a refresher on the definition of confirmation bias, and I am glad I took the time! According to Wiki:

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

So I'll clarify...here are my beliefs and values on the subject of a white tach and chrono: The white tach and chrono look awesome, I think the combo especially adds great character to a black interior. I think it is a beatiful choice, and looks cooler to me than black dials (which I ordered). I had HEARD that it reflected in some owner's wind shields, so...on faith...I left the white dials off because I VALUED (I guess?!) not having on object on the dash potentially reflecting in my field of vision in a manner that I may find distracting. I couldn't know if it was a nit-picky decision at the time, I just decided to leave it out...and you know what, maybe it wouldn't have been a problem! Maybe I'll really regret not making the choice at some point during ownership (as I am sure will happen with other options).
Because of my white dials, I've decided to avoid driving by Stonehenge during summer solstice .
Marantz2270 (03-20-2021)

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono and Tac color for GT Silver?