Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Console and dash trim exchange

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2023 | 12:00 PM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zoomnbyu
So I'm in the process of swapping out my base dark silver trim for Paldao wood with the the brighter metal. Overall I keep thinking this was designed to be taken apart unlike my old 82 Camaro that was a nightmare.

i just want to replace those plastics high gloss trim pieces around the PDK ****. don't they just snap in / out? what you have done is way more then what i want to do but i admire your dedication.
Old 06-21-2023 | 02:54 PM
Zoomnbyu
Rennlist Member

Doubt anything illegal here. Most likely just wanted to color the RPM gauge.
Old 06-24-2023 | 03:21 PM
CREDEKER
3rd Gear

Default 992 Silver Carbon Trim (Dash, Center, & Doors) exchange for Paldao Wood Trims

I’m considering swapping out the silver carbon inlays on the dash, center console (around drink holder), and side doors to the Paldao Wood ones.
I purchased my 911 992 C4S with only 2,900 miles, so everything is like new still. Interior is Icelandic Green, so I think the Paldao Wood would blend nicely.
If anyone is looking to swap, let’s talk. Attached are some photos of what’s currently on the car - Looks great, I just like the Paldao look.

Also, any advice on how easy / difficult this is to “DIY,” that would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2023 | 03:51 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

I swapped out all of my dark silver trim for Mat CF trim. I used all OEM from Suncoast except I covered the piano black with DB CF trim.

The dash trim is easy to do yourself. The door trim is plastic welded on, I paid $800 to have a body shop instal that. I replaced the center console dark silver trim with the light silver trim. It was not hard to do, there is a whole thread on it here with a video.
Old 10-02-2023 | 12:48 PM
ilgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zoomnbyu
So I'm in the process of swapping out my base dark silver trim for Paldao wood with the the brighter metal. Overall I keep thinking this was designed to be taken apart unlike my old 82 Camaro that was a nightmare.

what is this device?
mine on the left side heats up to 60/70°C

Old 09-09-2024 | 03:50 AM
MacDanielCapuli9
1st Gear

Default Still looking to swap trim for Paldao wood?

Originally Posted by CREDEKER
I’m considering swapping out the silver carbon inlays on the dash, center console (around drink holder), and side doors to the Paldao Wood ones.
I purchased my 911 992 C4S with only 2,900 miles, so everything is like new still. Interior is Icelandic Green, so I think the Paldao Wood would blend nicely.
If anyone is looking to swap, let’s talk. Attached are some photos of what’s currently on the car - Looks great, I just like the Paldao look.

Also, any advice on how easy / difficult this is to “DIY,” that would be helpful. Thanks!

it”s been a while but are you still interested I’m swapping out your carbon Fider accent for the Paldao wood? I have same interior as yours but with the paldao wood accent. If you’re interested I’d swap. lMK.

dan

Quick Reply: 992 Console and dash trim exchange