Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 04:35 PM
markjeansonne
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

I skimmed through pretty fast, but I think other posters commented on the color of your tach -- can you make it orange to match? Contrast would be perfect.
Other things, the wheels, as suggested by pics, and since you're getting a C4S, might as well go all the way and get rear-wheel steering (unless that comes with the Sports package).
I always liked the look of the rear wiper, so I always buy with that.
The orange color is fine. I owned two orange McLarens -- great color!
Old 03-12-2021, 05:07 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Three thoughts: 1.) I'm not a fan of the Lava Orange (or the Python Green color either FWIW). I always ask myself how I would feel if I had to get in and drive the car if/when I had a headache. 2.) As others have mentioned, you'll really want to loose the white dials on the Tach and the Chronometer. Even if it doesn't bother you that the numbers disappear when the headlights are on, imagine what your passenger is going to ask you when this occurs. Something that'd be a bit difficult to explain away in a $150K car. and 3.) IF you're set on the Lava Orange you absolutely MUST loose the RED calipers.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 03-12-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:19 PM
Flatulence
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Three thoughts: 1.) I'm not a fan of the Lava Orange (or the Python Green color either FWIW). I always ask myself how I would feel if I had to get in and drive the car if/when I had a headache. 2.) As others have mentioned, you'll really want to loose the white dials on the Tach and the Chronometer. Even if it doesn't bother you that the numbers disappear when the headlights are on, imagine what your passenger is going to ask you when this occurs. Something that'd be a bit difficult to explain away in a $150K car. and 3.) IF you're set on the Lava Orange you absolutely MUST loose the RED calipers.

Yep, I caught that one and fixed it.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:21 PM
Flatulence
Intermediate

What about white stitching instead of the LO?
Old 03-12-2021, 06:49 PM
510michael
Instructor

Received 189 Likes on 73 Posts

FWIW, I have the white dials, and have never had any trouble seeing the numbers, day or night.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (03-13-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 07:57 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

looks good; only problem i see is the number of pedals...
Old 03-12-2021, 10:41 PM
ritchieg
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 42 Posts

I have RS wheels on my new 2021 911 and I loved the looks in the showroom but am very disappointed with then now. They look dirty after one or two days even coated with a nano coat. They make the whole car look dirty.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:51 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by ritchieg
I have RS wheels on my new 2021 911 and I loved the looks in the showroom but am very disappointed with then now. They look dirty after one or two days even coated with a nano coat. They make the whole car look dirty.
Personally I wouldn’t get RS wheels without PCCBs. Even then the wheels always look dirty. If I had to do it again I would have gone with something different (and I have PCCBs)
Old 03-13-2021, 10:12 AM
Flatulence
Intermediate

I am thinking of ditching the PSE and getting the Sport design package instead. I would do an aftermarket ex instead. I dont want to option this thing to the moon. Good idea or bad?
Old 03-13-2021, 10:30 AM
FrankAT
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 43 Posts

I have white dials with no issues. But like others have said I couldn’t do two light interior accent colors. I would get rid of the white dials or change the dev stitching to white. I would not bring the LO to the interior in trim panels.

in terms of the SD vs PSE are you in a country with the GPF? I would factor that into your decision. Make sure to get a good look at the SD package in person if you haven’t already. It seems very polarizing. Especially the rear.

Last edited by FrankAT; 03-13-2021 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:40 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by Flatulence
I am thinking of ditching the PSE and getting the Sport design package instead. I would do an aftermarket ex instead. I dont want to option this thing to the moon. Good idea or bad?
Most of the aftermarket options require a car that already had PSE.
MustangTornado (03-14-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 03:43 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 500 Likes on 256 Posts

New member, long time lurker and owner of several P cars. Was able to snag an allocation for a C4S for June and this is my build. This is my first "loud" color. Trading my 18 C4S.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMIKDMY7

I already fixed 2 errors, stitching was orange instead of LO, and the brake calipers were re instead of HGB. I have until next thurs before it locks. Any opinions? This is also my first build, I have in the past just bought off the lot but since I am turning 45 this year, I said why not. What am I missing, suggestions, is it too much, etc? This will be a semi DD for me, and wont be tracked. Thanks for any input.
Dear Flatulence
Sorry to hear about your problem.
Always glad to help out !

on sale now !
Old 03-13-2021, 04:19 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I think the reasoning, at least in my case is: I like the look of the white ring, and feel that aesthetically it adds dimension to the dash and that at the same time the fact that the numbers don't light up in a contrasting color doesn't make me not want the look.
Originally Posted by 510michael
FWIW, I have the white dials, and have never had any trouble seeing the numbers, day or night.
I'm kind of amused at the bad rep white dials have gotten since someone posted a thread not long ago, complaining they can't see them. I have them with my GT Silver/black interior and I love them and now that I've had them I'd have gladly paid double for them. They add sportiness to a sports car and help make the black interior come alive. I can see the numbers at all times, day and night. I get the griping over the cost, it seems silly but we've all submitted or are submitting to the Porsche options game. The only potential issue I see with them for you is integration with LO, I haven't seen it in the flesh but I suspect they'd look great and break up the Halloween look a little. You'd be ripping it in that build. Go out there and break wind in that car. Don't fart around. If you happen to pass me out there, or see me getting gas, give me a toot, hopefully from down-wind.
Gables (06-17-2021)
Old 03-14-2021, 02:19 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

Has anyone seen a LO car with LO stiching? I am torn between that and the painted interior bits instead. The interior bits can be changed if it gets old, the stitching cant.
Do LO interior stitching PLUS the seat centres in orange leather. Add the 930 Turbo stitching option too. I understand it may be a bit much for some people, but if you're already going with a bold color, why not go all the way? There's no reason to hide it (LO is a stunning color live btw.). I've seen a Gentian Blue (+ some PTS blues) and a Lava Orange 992 optioned like this and they've looked spectacular. Personally, I wouldn't add any additional colors (like a white tach) in the mix but occasionally it seems to work (look below). Painted interior bits are typically not that nice in strong colors but may work if the overall combination is right (look below). If one has to choose only one, then definitely in this order: Stitching > Leather Seat Centres > Painted Interior Trim.

If going to totally different direction than black leather, then the LO stitching with Slate Gray/Chalk interior would also work (perhaps more airy). Add Slate Gray seat centres and it will be even more awesome. (I remember Porsche suggesting this color/seat combo in one of their Exclusive Manufaktur Brochures as an example of use of both contrast stitching and seat centre options)

Unfortunately, I couldn't find you any LO 992 pics with the above-mentioned combination, but here are a few random shots in (Gentian or some PTS) Blue (992) and Orange (Panamera). I've collected these over time from random Insta posts (mainly from @porsche and @porschecentrelebanon).

Hope these help!

Contrast Stitching and Seat Centres in Orange

Slats and Interior Trim in Exterior Color

Contrast Stitching in Speed Blue (Plus Additional Leather Trim in Doors)

Contrast Stitching and Seat Centres in Speed Blue

Speed Blue Piping as a special order from Exclusive Manufaktur plus 930 Stitching!

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 03-14-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:34 PM
por356
Racer

Received 382 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankAT
Make sure to get a good look at the SD package in person if you haven’t already. It seems very polarizing. Especially the rear.

To each his own, but what is polarizing about the SD? I feel the stock 992 has a bulbous rear that more closely matches the Panamera, Cayenne and Macan.
Product identification for the uninitiated? 😎
The following 2 users liked this post by por356:
JustGettingMilk (03-15-2021), M3Inline6 (06-17-2021)

Quick Reply: Opinions please.