Sponsored by:

Diamond/HomeLink/Voice Command

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
My garage opener is linked to MyQ which is part of HomeKit. Using CarPlay, I press the voice command and say "Siri open garage door" or close for that matter.
That's probably the closest you could have now without some deep recoding of the PCM.
Whoa...I have MyQ for my garage opener. This didn't occur to me. I'll be able do this with both my cars by just voice activating Siri. No buttons. It works well for you?
Old 03-09-2021, 07:30 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Whoa...I have MyQ for my garage opener. This didn't occur to me. I'll be able do this with both my cars by just voice activating Siri. No buttons. It works well for you?
I'm not him, but yes, it's pretty reliable. I also have MyQ and Siri deeply entrenched. But I'd rather hit a button in case there are companions or music making noise, etc. Tesla does it best. It just opens as you pull up, closes as you drive away. 99% reliability so far.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:55 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dhirm5
I'm not him, but yes, it's pretty reliable. I also have MyQ and Siri deeply entrenched. But I'd rather hit a button in case there are companions or music making noise, etc. Tesla does it best. It just opens as you pull up, closes as you drive away. 99% reliability so far.
Somehow I thought that's how a 992 worked the garage door. I'm fine ordering Siri around. I have cameras, lighting, music operating through individual Apps but it's probably time I moved everything over to HomeKit.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:17 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Somehow I thought that's how a 992 worked the garage door. I'm fine ordering Siri around. I have cameras, lighting, music operating through individual Apps but it's probably time I moved everything over to HomeKit.
Consider home-assistant.io - I have been running it since early versions, but now they even have hardware device w the software preinstalled. It has integrations for everything you can think of and presents all through Homekit. Very reliable, and customizable if you feel like spending the time. I'm happy just telling siri to turn **** on and off. Don't need fancy geofencing or automations beyond our outside lights turning on at dusk and off at sunrise.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 08:34 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Consider home-assistant.io - I have been running it since early versions, but now they even have hardware device w the software preinstalled. It has integrations for everything you can think of and presents all through Homekit. Very reliable, and customizable if you feel like spending the time. I'm happy just telling siri to turn **** on and off. Don't need fancy geofencing or automations beyond our outside lights turning on at dusk and off at sunrise.
I just want to use voice to work everything. But if the need grows it's good to know that's available.

Quick Reply: Diamond/HomeLink/Voice Command