Sponsored by:

992 targa 4s rattle and creaking sounds problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 07:44 AM
harikung
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 992 targa 4s rattle and creaking sounds problem

Hi, I'm a new member. I've just get my 992 targa 4s and have experience some rattle and creaking sound issues which I hope I can find some help here.

1.rattle from the speaker grill at the side of rear seat when I rev above 3000rpm.
2.the end of the bar behind rear seat.(i have found somebody experienced this problem too from 991 targa and it can be solved easily. I will try that too)
3.weird sounds(i don't know how to express that sounds or even specify where actually it come from!!!) when i locked or unlocked the door and it will come after unlock(or lock) sound 1-2 second(after the handle pop out or in). Sometimes it happens sometimes not. Its sound may vary. The source may vary but most of them come from the back but very to specify where( sometime the front and hard to specify where too) I am a bit concern because I'm not sure which part of what come from and i hope it's not from the engine part.But i think it has nothing to do with the engine because this sounds will only happen when i unlocked or locked the door. Anyone who are using porsche 992 experiences this sound please tell me how you solve it or what is that sound!!!
Old 02-28-2021, 03:10 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 190 Posts

I have a slight rattle on the passenger door area. It seems to go away sometimes but I can hear it when I first start the car from the engine vibration and when I'm moving. I haven't had a chance to research where it's coming from yet, maybe the air vent. I know some of the earlier 992's has Bose speaker rattle problems but those were supposedly corrected before Targas came out.
The following users liked this post:
harikung (03-01-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 targa 4s rattle and creaking sounds problem