Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding PSE after build

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 09:50 AM
omaralt
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 69 Posts

sorry to revive an older thread. I found a new 24 992S with a manual transmission available for sale, but it doesn't have the PSE. Just wondering if anybody knows the approximate cost to add it? also do you get the button on the dash? thanks
Old 05-01-2024, 10:18 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

Originally Posted by omaralt
sorry to revive an older thread. I found a new 24 992S with a manual transmission available for sale, but it doesn't have the PSE. Just wondering if anybody knows the approximate cost to add it? also do you get the button on the dash? thanks
You can also just have them program the PSE software into the car, and you will get about 80% of the sound for nothing. There are a few threads on how the dealer can do this for you, or some of the tuners have just exhaust mods for the valve opening. Much cheaper than going for a full PSE install (which is around 3K).

Also if you really want to go with a PSE, go aftermarket, as the PSE is not really much louder than the exhaust mods mentioned above.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:19 AM
omaralt
Racer

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
You can also just have them program the PSE software into the car, and you will get about 80% of the sound for nothing. There are a few threads on how the dealer can do this for you, or some of the tuners have just exhaust mods for the valve opening. Much cheaper than going for a full PSE install (which is around 3K).

Also if you really want to go with a PSE, go aftermarket, as the PSE is not really much louder than the exhaust mods mentioned above.
interesting, thanks. If they program the PSE software is it always on? no switching on and off i'm assuming? also if you can point me to one of these thread i'd appreciate it, thanks!
Old 05-01-2024, 10:23 AM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 75 Posts

interesting, thanks. If they program the PSE software is it always on? no switching on and off i'm assuming? also if you can point me to one of these thread i'd appreciate it, thanks!
It's only "always on" in Sports mode. Other than that you can press the PSE button to turn it on or off. I've done it and have a Cargraphics Valve Controller.

Definitely adds a bit of decent sound to the non-PSE 4S I have. Though there are days I wonder about the full PSE or after market exhaust.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:24 AM
omaralt
Racer

Originally Posted by pbcsd
It's only "always on" in Sports mode. Other than that you can press the PSE button to turn it on or off. I've done it and have a Cargraphics Valve Controller.

Definitely adds a bit of decent sound to the non-PSE 4S I have. Though there are days I wonder about the full PSE or after market exhaust.
thanks, but you dont have a PSE button if you dont have the PSE?
Old 05-01-2024, 10:24 AM
Brad Stinson
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 60 Posts

I have a PSE exhaust system for sale with tips in the classifieds right now for about half of what a dealer would charge. I believe you'd need the new lower valance as well (Part 992-898-014-AM). PM me.

Last edited by Brad Stinson; 05-01-2024 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:27 AM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 75 Posts

thanks, but you dont have a PSE button if you dont have the PSE?
It can be programmed by the dealer. If they're willing to do it, presumably they'll charge you for an hour of service. Attached are the instructions.

Attached Images

Quick Reply: Adding PSE after build