992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on my Base 911 Carrera Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2021 | 11:44 AM
kage65
Racer

If I ever got a 992 I would leave off the power steering plus. The steering is soft enough as it is. I always wondered in my 991.2 if it was making it too soft if I took off from a stop very quickly. I have no idea , but a lot of people have the dealerships code it out after the fact.
Old 02-21-2021 | 01:31 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kage65
If I ever got a 992 I would leave off the power steering plus. The steering is soft enough as it is. I always wondered in my 991.2 if it was making it too soft if I took off from a stop very quickly. I have no idea , but a lot of people have the dealerships code it out after the fact.
I agree. It’s just not needed. Quite why it’s even there is beyond me; the steering weight at low speeds is perfectly fine without it.
Old 02-28-2021 | 11:52 AM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Got lucky that the Porsche Club of AZ did a road trip to my town. So I hunted them down (only one parking garage in town) and got the chance to see multiple 911's in most of the colors, wheels and interior options. Everyone was real helpful and gave me tours of their cars. I ended up deleting the sunroof as the extra headroom really helped my adult 6' 8" son fit in the car. Also changed both the exterior and interior colors based on my Wife's recommendations after seeing them in person.

Anyway here is the new Porsche Build Number: PMTGFRI3.
Old 02-28-2021 | 01:53 PM
FSB
Instructor

Originally Posted by smsprague
Anyway here is the new Porsche Build Number: PMTGFRI3.
This spec is much better!

I have few ideas:
1) Carrera Exclusive Design Wheels looks great only in special finish - two tones or in body color paint. Maybe RS Spyder or Carrera Classic?
2) where is sunroof? It’s a cool feature for touring cars, especially in glass
3) window trim - it’s better to get in high gloss.

Old 03-01-2021 | 01:37 PM
BB391P
2nd Gear

I would keep the puddle lights My wife really likes to see the ground at night if she is wearing heels or a skirt when getting in the car.
Old 03-01-2021 | 01:43 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FSB
This spec is much better!

I have few ideas:
1) Carrera Exclusive Design Wheels looks great only in special finish - two tones or in body color paint. Maybe RS Spyder or Carrera Classic?
2) where is sunroof? It’s a cool feature for touring cars, especially in glass
3) window trim - it’s better to get in high gloss.
Thanks for the input. I do like the Carrera Classic wheels, my second choice. Had the sunroof in glass and then deleted it to get more headroom. Both the sunroof in glass and the wheels are a tough call.
Old 03-04-2021 | 03:24 PM
Cchief
Advanced

I went with the larger wheel package, the standard seat option and regret not getting the sport exhaust.
Old 03-04-2021 | 03:42 PM
colegno
Advanced

Hi Cchief,
Love your 992! Have you done anything to protect the paint because it looks awesome. It Also looks like you've tinted the windows.
What tint did you go with?
Old 03-04-2021 | 05:16 PM
Cchief
Advanced

Default Paint Protection

Originally Posted by colegno
Hi Cchief,
Love your 992! Have you done anything to protect the paint because it looks awesome. It Also looks like you've tinted the windows.
What tint did you go with?
Attached is a pic of the spray I used on the car. I had a Jeep SRT8 ceramic coated and they used this TEC582 Ceramic Detail Spray. I bought a gallon and did the 992. The windows are not tinted. I also changed the wheels and tires for the winter. Went with OZ Leggera wheels and Pirelli P Zero tires.

The following users liked this post:
colegno (03-04-2021)
Old 03-04-2021 | 11:48 PM
ritchieg
Instructor

I live in San Diego and have a base cabriolet and every time I go out of a mall or store onto a normal street the front bumper scrapes because of all the streets have what I call a ditch along the main street. Same if I am driving down a small street and come to a major street the front scrapes unless I slow to a crawl and even then it will scrape at times. On an average day of driving my front will bottom out 3 or 4 times. Look at the driving conditions in your city but here the front lift is the one thing I miss the most. I had a 718 Boxster before the 911 and I had to keep hooking up the rubber guard under the front bumper at least monthly. I had it replaced once in the 4 years I drove it. Of course San Diego is one of the worst cities I have lived in for bottoming out the front. I think they have the streets this way to slow down the crazy drivers.

Last edited by ritchieg; 03-04-2021 at 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Opinions on my Base 911 Carrera Build