Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aventurine Green / Truffle Brown- Stitching Crayon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 08:25 PM
-TFK-
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by unclepaulie
My order for a 992 base just locked and I picked the same exterior and interior colors as you. I kept the standard trim because I thought it would go well with the chalk stitching on the seats and chalk seatbelts I picked as well. On the outside I went for silver window trim and silver tailpipes to keep the theme going. In my opinion if you want to keep a consistent color scheme and are are bored with the standard trim go with light silver, the other options don’t match as well.
Congrats on your car , you are right the standard trim will match the interior more than the others plus the stitching, it’s seems that I will go with the standard trim it’s a safer choice.. Did you got the door sills in leather too? Am thinking of adding them
Old 02-10-2021, 08:27 PM
-TFK-
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by malibu515
That's what I did .
is this with the leather trim or the wood? It’s not clear sorry
Old 02-10-2021, 10:01 PM
unclepaulie
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new car as well!
I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know door sills in leather was an option - looks like mine will be coming with the standard sills.
Since it includes the deviated stitching I agree I think it'll look great on your car!
And I believe malibu515 above did the regular trim and added light silver accents, looks sharp.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:04 PM
DPC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To me, the brown leather seats look great with the aventurine green but I can't go for a brown dash and steering wheel.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:13 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 763 Likes on 430 Posts

Door sills in leather will look great. I skipped it along with the lower door portions because they are high wear areas and I’ll cringe every time me or a passenger steps on or kicks them.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:44 AM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 152 Posts

I went with truffle brown, chalk stitching, wood trim. First, the olea leather is clearly a notch up from the standard leather. The brown is rich and classic - it will wear in, not wear out. The paldao is very nice - almost like a matte walnut. I had mahogany trim on a prior Porsche and olive trim on a prior BMW, so the paldao is a nice progression. The chalk stitching definitely helps to break up the brown. Personally, I don't get the fascination with carbon fiber although there are some other color combinations where this will be the best option of those provided. Just not with truffle brown.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:56 AM
3RsInCarrera
Instructor

Received 250 Likes on 69 Posts

There’s Turbo with the green/brown/wood at Porsche Santa Clarita right now. Pics on their website. Saw it in person. Gorgeous. Classy.

Quick Reply: Aventurine Green / Truffle Brown- Stitching Crayon?