Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seatbelt Colors: Chalk vs Silver Grey On Black Interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 02:47 AM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

I went with black leather interior + chalk stitching and silver grey belts with a GT Silver TTS, and I think it looks great. I left the dials as is because I think visibility / contrast is better with the default colors.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:42 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by wintershade
Here is my build code: PMU79PJ2

Still on the fence about Sport-Tex. Worried I might tire of it quickly or it might not look luxe enough (not having seen in person). Feels risky. So might switch to the full black leather with chalk stitching.

Undecided on the chalk vs silver belts. The chalk presumably would match stitching better, but the silver the paint. No idea which will match the Sport Tex though.
Very nice build, I like it.

On the Sport-Tex: I've seen it in person, and I think it looks sporty (as the name would imply), classy, and high-quality. I had it spec'd on my build for about two days, but I switched back to leather because I want ventilated seats. If Sport-Tex included the option for ventilation I would option it in a heartbeat. Luxury is in the eye of the beholder, but I wouldn't say Sport-Tex is less luxurious. It adds a dash of character to the seat centers without being ostentatious. Porsche got the look right in my opinion.

I think that silver grey belt with chalk stitching will still look great. I don't think it would clash in a major way.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:23 AM
findtom
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by wintershade
@findtom what color is your exterior?

I’m leaning toward a the Sport-Tex retro looking interior with chalk stitching and GT Silver exterior. Chalk sometimes looks too tan for me. Kind of torn between the Chalk vs “Silver Grey” belts and where to do white gauges or not (leaning to not, because already at $167K for my C4S coupe build already, which is nuts.
I have Night Blue exterior and love the two together. Not sure you can go wrong with silver either but I can confirm my combo all matches. I recommend you get the Race-Tex roof and sun visors, at this price they are a must I think? And I highly recommend getting the Sports Design pack in black gloss. On lighter coloured cars the black contracts looks spectacular.

Unless you are tracking the car, I don't think you need PDCC, although it does keep the car uber mega flat in the corner the normal sports suspension is also very very good.

Sport-Tex Interior, 992

More Alcantara and carbon.

RHD 992 - Alcantara roof and sun visor passenger side.
Old 02-23-2022, 02:46 AM
porsche bud
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone find Chalk and Silver seat belts side by side? I'm guessing this isn't easy to find.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:27 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

I debated Chalk belts vs Silver (they are very close in color BTW). I have the sport tex seats with Chalk stitching and opted for the sliver belts, which look very close to the silver in the sport tex. But up close the chalk stitching is very close match to the silver belts. you will not go wrong with either.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:16 AM
Revans134
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 22 Posts

Having chalk and silver they stay clean easy and both look fantastic against the black seats
Old 02-23-2022, 09:30 AM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 268 Posts

If you aren't doing the black/chalk stitch interior then I would likely opt for silver belts instead of chalk. What trim will your car have? If you opt for anything other than the standard trim it will come with lighter silver edge trim that will match the silver belts well.

How long do you intend to keep this car?

I had silver belts in my 991.1. They looked great, but after 9 years of daily driver use they definitely started to show some dirt on them. Nobody aside from me would have noticed and I'm sure most owners would have said they were clean/fine. Please note that I'm the type of person who is incredibly particular about his interior condition, so any visible wear or dirt will drive me crazy. I'm the guy who replaced shift ***** when they got even a tiny bit shiny and even replaced the leather door pull on his diver's door when it started to show signs of usage after 7 years.

Because of my 991.1 experience I stuck with black belts on my 992 order.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt Colors: Chalk vs Silver Grey On Black Interior