Sponsored by:

New Tag Heuer 992 Announcement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 05:41 PM
phaser
Banned

Received 429 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by FD9NY
Very funny!! I knew someone would make a comment like yours.
Its a joke Dude. We all have a Timex or a Seiko laying around some where. Watches are nothing more than bracelets with unnecessary redundant info at this point but that doesn't stop any of us from throwing cash at a high end blue faced Breitling.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:51 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 707 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Since the Apple Watch, all my others went into an airtight container. It’s just way too useful on my wrist - email, texts, schedule, directions, phone calls, heart monitor, workout, calories, weather, and oh yeah, date and time. It great to be connected without having to carry a phone, but it certainly does not have the presence of a good watch.
I find the opposite to be true. I like to be disconnected now. More interested in admiring beautiful things (like a nice watch or Porsche) and getting absorbed in an experience (such as driving) without distractions that at the end of the day, really meant nothing to me and won't be remembered.
The following users liked this post:
Mikster (04-01-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 10:58 AM
phaser
Banned

Originally Posted by SBAD
I find the opposite to be true. I like to be disconnected now. More interested in admiring beautiful things (like a nice watch or Porsche) and getting absorbed in an experience (such as driving) without distractions that at the end of the day, really meant nothing to me and won't be remembered.
So glad to see someone who shares this sentiment. We are waaaaaaay to engaged and dependent on all this electronic crap that bombards us with ridiculous amounts of information that some feel they can't survive without.
I know and see more people than I would care to count in a day who have their faces buried in all this "connected" junk 90% of the time. It is certainly helpful to have access to what technologies provide but it crosses the line when people begin actually wearing these items or have them suspended in their line of sight as their unhealthy dependence on them grows. I'll pass on these trendy "I'm in touch and right on top of things" gadgets which got their start back in the 80s with those awful rubber calculator watches, YUK.
SBAD (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 11:27 AM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 167 Posts

I own several Tag chronographs but they mainly stay in my watch drawer because my Apple watch meets my needs better, other than aesthetics. Its too bad Tag Heuer didn't create a Porsche version of their latest gen 3 Connected smart watch. Its like no other smart watch in regards to looking and feeling like a "real" watch. At $1800 starting price for their "standard" Connected model, having some Porsche customization options would be nice. I have read that their Wear OS is still far behind Apple's, although they have made many updates, so I'm hoping the next gen 4 will be a better replacement for my Apple watch.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:31 AM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

I ski with a guy who on the chair really works his Apple Watch. He’s got a device in his boots that determines angles, boot pressure and reports it to him on his watch. Likewise an app that measures speed, number of runs etc. Then there are the phone calls, emails and texts along with weather updates and news blasts.

He tells a great story and is overall entertaining but one of these days I’m going to push him off the chair.
SBAD (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 11:48 AM
phaser
Banned

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
I ski with a guy who on the chair really works his Apple Watch. He’s got a device in his boots that determines angles, boot pressure and reports it to him on his watch. Likewise an app that measures speed, number of runs etc. Then there are the phone calls, emails and texts along with weather updates and news blasts.

He tells a great story and is overall entertaining but one of these days I’m going to push him off the chair.
Why push the geek off the lift. Rip the damn Apple Watch from his arm, throw it in the snow. He'll probably go into withdrawl.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:36 PM
FD9NY
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Tedster. The watch pictured in my previous post is a Connected watch with a Porsche face.

Quick Reply: New Tag Heuer 992 Announcement?